The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni of nottsss - chances of getting in

Hey just wondering if anyone has got into the Uni of Nottingham (for law) with similar stats to me?

Gcses:
5A*s 4As 1B

Likely Predicated grades:
A*A*A*

LNAT:
Unknown but aiming to get 30

Even ppl who haven’t applied to notts, what are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Obviously
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
u just trying to flex or something
Reply 3
Original post by iseesparksfly
Obviously

I’m really asking how high the chances are of me getting in, are they quite high then?
Do u have an idea of what the average gcse grades are for a successful applicant?
Reply 4
Original post by ben288888
u just trying to flex or something

No these grades are average for my school and not impressive given my privilege in education
Not trying to show off, this post is anonymous anyway xx
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m really asking how high the chances are of me getting in, are they quite high then?
Do u have an idea of what the average gcse grades are for a successful applicant?

No, you definitely won't get in. Try London Metropolitan, your chances are a bit higher with them, although it's still doubtful :/
You can probably it depends on your personal statement have you done anything outside of school
Reply 7
Original post by iseesparksfly
No, you definitely won't get in. Try London Metropolitan, your chances are a bit higher with them, although it's still doubtful :/

Okk no need for sarcasm
What would u say my chances are for Durham? And Bristol?

Also are u a Taylor swift fan cause I love that song :wink:
Hey just wondering if anyone has got into the Uni of Nottingham (for law) with similar stats to me?

Gcses:
5A*s 4As 1B

Likely Predicated grades:
A*A*A*

LNAT:
Unknown but aiming to get 30

Even ppl who haven’t applied to notts, what are your thoughts?

As an alumni of the Uni in my experience most students have the highest academic standards, they don't really consider anything less. Someone with such average grades as 3A* a level should probably consider learning a trade at college or the BTEC route...
Reply 9
As an alumni of the Uni in my experience most students have the highest academic standards, they don't really consider anything less. Someone with such average grades as 3A* a level should probably consider learning a trade at college or the BTEC route...

Forget the predicted A levels then. What chance would I have, just considering my GCSEs? Please take this seriously , i didn’t post this as a joke or to brag.
You can probably it depends on your personal statement have you done anything outside of school

Yes! Debating comps, MUN, young enterprise , law insight day, I run law club, doing a law related epq , maybe prefect (haven’t got told yet)
Forget the predicted A levels then. What chance would I have, just considering my GCSEs? Please take this seriously , i didn’t post this as a joke or to brag.

I don't know specifically for law (or how good your LNAT is).

But with those grades & as long as u don't f up the interview (this will probably just be a sanity check) you will receive a conditional offer most likely A*AA or AAA. As long as you can get those grades you will be admitted.

Uni's cant 'grade discriminate' just because the average school grade is far higher than normal.

Those grades are as good as they come, gcse's are less important as there not a good indicator of academic ability but achieving A*s/As will still be impressive, remember at non-selective state schools only 58% of people get 5 GCSE's A*-C (yes really that low)
What’s the point of even asking this?

You know you’ll be able to get in considering the standard offer is AAA so why even ask?
I don't know specifically for law (or how good your LNAT is).

But with those grades & as long as u don't f up the interview (this will probably just be a sanity check) you will receive a conditional offer most likely A*AA or AAA. As long as you can get those grades you will be admitted.

Uni's cant 'grade discriminate' just because the average school grade is far higher than normal.

Those grades are as good as they come, gcse's are less important as there not a good indicator of academic ability but achieving A*s/As will still be impressive, remember at non-selective state schools only 58% of people get 5 GCSE's A*-C (yes really that low)

Thank you for your answer :smile:
Idk how well I’ll do in the lnat but I’m gonna do prep in summer and I’ll work towards a high score

What kind of unis do i think I should be aiming for? Do u think the PPL LLB at king’s is realistic?
Original post by Arisapo
What’s the point of even asking this?

You know you’ll be able to get in considering the standard offer is AAA so why even ask?

Bc there’s more to it than predicted grades. My school could be making it up for all they know. My main concern is my GCSEs which is the only solid data reflecting my academic ability
Thank you for your answer :smile:
Idk how well I’ll do in the lnat but I’m gonna do prep in summer and I’ll work towards a high score

What kind of unis do i think I should be aiming for? Do u think the PPL LLB at king’s is realistic?

What do you mean realistic?

If I had A*A*A* predictions and a 30 LNAT score, I’d be looking at Oxbridge.

Nottingham you could get 18 in the LNAT with AAA predictions and stand a chance of getting in.

I’ve got an offer from Notts with AAA and 23 - maybe research a bit before you ask these questions?
Bc there’s more to it than predicted grades. My school could be making it up for all they know. My main concern is my GCSEs which is the only solid data reflecting my academic ability

Sigh. Yes there’s more to it than predicted grades but surely every other school could be making it up? If you’re predicted 3 A*s, they’ll believe you can get that so obviously that’ll play a major part.

You didn’t get all Bs and Cs, you mainly got A*s and As. Do you want an ego boost or do you assume that everyone applying has 10 A*s.

If you got your predicted grades, you’ll probably be one of the only (if not the only) people in the course with 3 A*s.
Original post by Arisapo
What do you mean realistic?

If I had A*A*A* predictions and a 30 LNAT score, I’d be looking at Oxbridge.

Nottingham you could get 18 in the LNAT with AAA predictions and stand a chance of getting in.

I’ve got an offer from Notts with AAA and 23 - maybe research a bit before you ask these questions?

Realistic as in I’ll have a good chance (or even any chance) of getting in
This tsr post is part of my research, I think it’s important to know a range of opinions
My research has also included oxbridge, which I considered but then ruled out
I know notts is actually very good for law..it is about 4th/5th in the uk (behind oxbridge and Durham, sometimes Bristol) for the number of graduates attending a magic circle/London firm
Just wanted to know how much I could rely on getting in, as I need to know if not applying to a lower uni is a risk,
This post may seem like a waste of time , but i just want to make sure
Original post by Arisapo
Sigh. Yes there’s more to it than predicted grades but surely every other school could be making it up? If you’re predicted 3 A*s, they’ll believe you can get that so obviously that’ll play a major part.

You didn’t get all Bs and Cs, you mainly got A*s and As. Do you want an ego boost or do you assume that everyone applying has 10 A*s.

If you got your predicted grades, you’ll probably be one of the only (if not the only) people in the course with 3 A*s.

Yea I’m aware of all this but there’s no harm in making a post like this just to make sure /clarify
It’s a reasonabl question
Realistic as in I’ll have a good chance (or even any chance) of getting in
This tsr post is part of my research, I think it’s important to know a range of opinions
My research has also included oxbridge, which I considered but then ruled out
I know notts is actually very good for law..it is about 4th/5th in the uk (behind oxbridge and Durham, sometimes Bristol) for the number of graduates attending a magic circle/London firm
Just wanted to know how much I could rely on getting in, as I need to know if not applying to a lower uni is a risk,
This post may seem like a waste of time , but i just want to make sure

Any chance of getting in? You’re predicted 3 A*s 😂

It is a very good law school but I wouldn’t go as far as 4th or 5th best. You’ve based it all on that Chambers Secret chart which is a load of bull. Don’t base it on that as it doesn’t take into account a lot of factors.

Notts has gone downhill a bit and isn’t as great as it once was, probably wouldn’t call it elite anymore. I turned it down for Exeter which I imagine is much lower on the Chambers Secret list.

If you want to go there, then you’ve got yourself a very good law school but no better than York, Exeter, Warwick etc.

With the predicted grades you have, perhaps be a bit more ambitious as Oxbridge and LSE would be possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending