The Student Room Group

Help !! IB??

Hey everyone! I'm currently in Y12 and I'm looking at studying medicine in the UK. Do you think ib would be the right choice for me? And what all exams do i need to write to get into a university in UK for med?

HL - Bio, chem, math
SL- eng land&lit, french ab initio, business management
sorry, I'm confused, you're in your final IB year?
UCAT: University Clinical Aptitude Test.

Right choice in terms of what? Work ethic, your personality, you as a person? We can't decipher that from your post. Whether it makes it possible for you get into a med school? Yes, obviously.
Original post by dak0ta
Hey everyone! I'm currently in Y12 and I'm looking at studying medicine in the UK. Do you think ib would be the right choice for me? And what all exams do i need to write to get into a university in UK for med?

HL - Bio, chem, math
SL- eng land&lit, french ab initio, business management
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
no im just starting!!! term starts in september!!
Original post by frustratedTeen
sorry, I'm confused, you're in your final IB year?
Reply 4
i guess i do slack off sometimes but i do finish my work on time(mostly) . And i like to explore new things especially in the sciences i have chosen. I'd rather not just read a textbook all day - i'd prefer doing something or getting hands on .
Original post by username4280702
UCAT: University Clinical Aptitude Test.

Right choice in terms of what? Work ethic, your personality, you as a person? We can't decipher that from your post. Whether it makes it possible for you get into a med school? Yes, obviously.
As a previous IB student, I wont lie... its not for the faint of heart. There's a HUGE work load. With the subjects you're picked for HL it'll be intense. Not that it cant be done though. Also you say you like being "hands on" well the IB isn't really that. Theirs a lot of essay writing, mock exams, taking notes, presentations etc. most of the practicals are done purely so you can write a 1000 word essay for the next class .

If you have good time management and organisation skills then go for it.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending