The Student Room Group

Charles University Prague Medicine 2019

Hi All

Just applied for Charles University First Faculty of Medicine for 2019 entry. Looking to see who else is in the same boat. Also looking at some other central european universities. I have friends at the First Faculty and love Prague so fingers crossed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey! I'm also applying to first fac at Charles. How are you preparing for the entrance test?
Original post by kaz143
hey! I'm also applying to first fac at Charles. How are you preparing for the entrance test?

hi! i am applying to the first faculty and the HK faculty at charles university. my test is next month for both :,)
Reply 3
hi I applied for first faculty and HK as well. My entrance exams are in a few days pls wish me luck!!!
Original post by Qamrun
hi I applied for first faculty and HK as well. My entrance exams are in a few days pls wish me luck!!!

same! and good luck pal! :,)
how are you guys preparing for it? my exam for first faculty is tomorrow!!
Reply 6
Hey, do you have any idea about the fail rate and there are 5 faculties of medicine, pretty confused right now. Help ?
Reply 7
Original post by AN4NDHU
Hey, do you have any idea about the fail rate and there are 5 faculties of medicine, pretty confused right now. Help ?

I have friends in the first to third year at First Faculty and none of them have failed. This was one of the reasons it is my first choice.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
What about the faculty at hradec karlove ?
Original post by FireKebab
I have friends in the first to third year at First Faculty and none of them have failed. This was one of the reasons it is my first choice.
Reply 9
Hi, can anyone please explain the difference between the faculties?
Reply 10
Original post by mark.o
Hi, can anyone please explain the difference between the faculties?

Medical Doorway told me it is like colleges at Oxford or Cambridge. First is the oldest one in Prague then Second and Third. The faculty in Hradec Kralove is in a different city.

I have applied to all four and it is like applying to four different universities really.
Reply 11
Original post by FireKebab
Medical Doorway told me it is like colleges at Oxford or Cambridge. First is the oldest one in Prague then Second and Third. The faculty in Hradec Kralove is in a different city.

I have applied to all four and it is like applying to four different universities really.

Like in which faculty do you think it's easier pass each year without failing
Reply 12
Original post by AN4NDHU
Like in which faculty do you think it's easier pass each year without failing

No idea! If you pass your exams you pass overall if you don’t then you don’t. Not interested in any numbers, just focusing on my own effort.
Reply 13
Hi, can anyone tell me about the entrance exam? Was it easy or hard? I applied to 1st,2nd, 3rd faculties and I am worrying as I don't take physics but 1st and 2nd require physics for the entrance exam. Is it easy to follow if I self study at home? And also, how was interview?
Reply 14
anyone taking the entrance exam in Prague this month?
Reply 15
Yeah I'm taking the 2nd faulty exam in Prague. wbu?
Original post by kaz143
anyone taking the entrance exam in Prague this month?
Reply 16
hi i might apply next year

i was wondering how you're paying for tuition feeds?
Reply 17
I've applied to all three faculties so i'll be taking the exam for 2nd and 3rd faculty in Prague this month and 1st faculty in June
Original post by mark.o
Yeah I'm taking the 2nd faulty exam in Prague. wbu?
Anyone joining HK medicine for 2019/20
The entrance exam is difficult, I answered based on the most familiar answer I knew and got through. I suggest you look at the recommended books at each faculty website and understand the different methods of marking.
Original post by Hee_s
Hi, can anyone tell me about the entrance exam? Was it easy or hard? I applied to 1st,2nd, 3rd faculties and I am worrying as I don't take physics but 1st and 2nd require physics for the entrance exam. Is it easy to follow if I self study at home? And also, how was interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending