The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English language (1EN0) - Paper 1 Fiction & Imaginative - 4 June, 2019

This is a chat thread for Edexcel's GCSE English language Paper 1: Fiction and Imaginative Writing.

I thought that I would create the exam thread for this one since I did it last year. I scored 59/64 on this paper (with full marks for my imaginative writing). If any of you would like help from me, a simple DM will suffice.

The exam will take place on Tuesday, 4 June 2019.

Discussion for paper two: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5953312

General advice:

Spoiler

Paper-specific advice (from what I was taught, other methods of answering questions are also valid and may be better for you):

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tolgarda
This is a chat thread for Edexcel's GCSE English language Paper 1: Fiction and Imaginative Writing.

I thought that I would create the exam thread for this one since I did it last year. I scored 59/64 on this paper (with full marks for my imaginative writing). If any of you would like help from me, a simple DM will suffice.

General advice:

Spoiler

Paper-specific advice (from what I was taught, other methods of answering questions are also valid and may be better for you):

Spoiler

Nice idea, I'm sure lots of people will benefit :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by thestudent33
Nice idea, I'm sure lots of people will benefit :wink:

Hopefully, @Evil Homer still hasn't added it to the list yet, which is unfortunate. I hope he does soon though. :smile:
Hopefully, @Evil Homer still hasn't added it to the list yet, which is unfortunate. I hope he does soon though. :smile:

Lol, it took a while for him to add my threads too. But I'm sure he's busy with other TSR issues. :wink:

Hey :smile: That's all done for you :smile:

Good luck with your exams!
I’m actually panicking
Reply 6
Original post by Studenty11
I’m actually panicking

That is pointless because it can negatively affect you and it doesn't breed anything useful unless you perform better under stress, in my opinion. :smile: Stay strong. This exam isn't until June anyway, so you have time.
That is pointless because it can negatively affect you and it doesn't breed anything useful unless you perform better under stress, in my opinion. :smile: Stay strong. This exam isn't until June anyway, so you have time.

Thanks, my exams start in may though
Reply 8
Thanks, my exams start in may though

I know, but this isn't one you should be panicking about.
I know, but this isn't one you should be panicking about.

Hmm yeah true
Hiiiii how are people who are aiming for 8/9 revising for maths and science
I’m actually panicking

It's natural to feel a little daunted! The sooner you start revising effectively, the sooner you'll start to feel more in control. If there is a particular question bothering you try to make sure you allot enough time to it. Best of luck!
I'm going to have a breakdown i need to pass english language and get a B to do economics !!!!!!!!! how do you answer the persuasive question on paper 2 :/
Original post by angrybear247
I'm going to have a breakdown i need to pass english language and get a B to do economics !!!!!!!!! how do you answer the persuasive question on paper 2 :/

Omg me too I have no idea I can’t even persuade my own self to revise lol
Reply 14
Original post by angrybear247

There is not just one way to answer this, but a multitude of ways. I intend to cover these things in my thread for paper two.
Hi,
I naturally feel daunted to do imaginative writing I dunoo but cannot help my feelings. How do I become good at imaginative writing task? Do I need to read books everyday to advance my vocabulary?
I am looking forward for help as much as possible for the gcse English language Edexcel exam.

General advice:

Spoiler

Spoiler

There is not just one way to answer this, but a multitude of ways. I intend to cover these things in my thread for paper two.

thank you ! please link it when you make it
Original post by IsMo987
Hiiiii how are people who are aiming for 8/9 revising for maths and science

yes
Reply 18
How did you manage the timing for this exam? Did you spend 45 mins on the writing questions as recommended or did you do something different?
Reply 19
Original post by qb2507
How did you manage the timing for this exam? Did you spend 45 mins on the writing questions as recommended or did you do something different?

I don't actually remember. I do think I rushed most of the writing section and went back to questions three and four at the end, but I definitely used a hell of a lot more on my time on the writing section. That's for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending