The Student Room Group

A level Product Design evaluation

I’m struggling with this, any ideas for where I can get help?
Hey are you evaluating your own product after a project or evaluating existing products? :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for replying - I have to evaluate my own product but not sure where to start. Worried I’ve left the most important part to the last minute
Original post by CoolCavy
Hey are you evaluating your own product after a project or evaluating existing products? :smile:
Original post by Clazkee
Thanks for replying - I have to evaluate my own product but not sure where to start. Worried I’ve left the most important part to the last minute

No worries :smile:
Think of it like a conclusion for your project in the same way as you would an essay
The following points are important to cover:
-Final feedback from your target market
-What went well with your project and what didnt go well
-What you would change about your product if you were to do it again
-How your product would be made in industry i.e what processes would it need like injection moulding etc
-Would the materials of your product be changed in industry e.g wood to plastic
-Include manufacture drawings from CAD
-Compare your product to your initial specification and write a final specification

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks this is very helpful - thank you for responding
Original post by Clazkee
Thanks this is very helpful - thank you for responding

No worries :smile: feel free to come back if you get stuck
Reply 6
Thank you
Reply 7
Hi, I am also struggling with this evaluation. However I have already completed those tasks on that list as my teacher also instructed me to do. Yet I have included drawings on how I would improve the product by showing what features I would add and how the new design would work. I have not included any drawings or CAD work on my manufacturing page I was wondering if this is essential to have and If so what are these supposed to show? As I have already showed the processes through diagrams of how they work such as injection moulding.

Original post by CoolCavy
No worries :smile:
Think of it like a conclusion for your project in the same way as you would an essay
The following points are important to cover:
-Final feedback from your target market
-What went well with your project and what didnt go well
-What you would change about your product if you were to do it again
-How your product would be made in industry i.e what processes would it need like injection moulding etc
-Would the materials of your product be changed in industry e.g wood to plastic
-Include manufacture drawings from CAD
-Compare your product to your initial specification and write a final specification

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by zeph_r
Hi, I am also struggling with this evaluation. However I have already completed those tasks on that list as my teacher also instructed me to do. Yet I have included drawings on how I would improve the product by showing what features I would add and how the new design would work. I have not included any drawings or CAD work on my manufacturing page I was wondering if this is essential to have and If so what are these supposed to show? As I have already showed the processes through diagrams of how they work such as injection moulding.

Your evaluation sounds great then :smile:
No they aren't essential but if you have time you may as well put them in.
They should show side, front and top views of your product on your chosen software e.g. 2D design with dimensions. The point of these drawings is that rarely are designs manufactured in the UK. If your design was sent to a factory in China they would need the dimension sheet in order to create your product as specified :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending