The Student Room Group

Stressed. is 1 month revision okay?

Scroll to see replies

For GCSEs, 1 month is enough
Yep. If you bang out revision during easter e.g. work day and night you'll pass. Make sure you make short brief notes, practice loads of papers and maybe try and sacrifice some sleep to have more time to revise. I know this sounds insane! but think about it if you work e.g. 10 hours doing papers and content by the end of the holiday you would have covered basically everything for your exams so the next 3 weeks after you can reduce your revision time and chill more. Btw, I stated in Easter ONLY and got 8/9 with a 6 in maths. Goodluck though! :smile: you'll be fine bud
Original post by Switch01
For GCSEs, 1 month is enough
Original post by Chemist123
I never revised for my mocks and I always end up with 7's . Can I get 8/9's if I revise A LOT from now

definitely
dm me and I'll send you my codes for the online editions if you want?
Original post by avabecca165
dm me and I'll send you my codes for the online editions if you want?

May I ask what online edition book?
I am starting revision tonight
Reply 26
I'm a few days late to this thread. Although its not a great decision to leave stuff like this to the last month, I feel like you can easily get a decent grade. If you manage your time wisely, and do short bursts of intense but effective revision, you'll be fine.
What I did for my GCSEs was study a certain topic, and find exam styled questions based on that topic. And then in the last few weeks, just did all the past papers I could find. You'll likely realise that a lot of the exam papers for a subject will be laid out very similar to each other.

Best of luck!!
Original post by LuxuriousAngel
Hi Everyone! I'm so scared and stressed, and having a literal breakdown because I haven't done any revision for all of my GCSE Subjects including English lit and lang, maths, combined science and tomorrow is the 1st of April. so if I revise from tomorrow will I still be able to get good grades like grades 4 or 5? and if possible please tell me any revision techniques/methods you have done which worked efficiently and link any websites which are useful for the following subjects as well:
English lit+lang, Maths, Combined Science, Religious Studies, Geography, Spanish

Thank you, Everyone!

grill and roast your revision
If you start revising now you should definitely be able to get good grades as long as you revise effectively, i would suggest doing some past papers to see which areas you need to work on and then make flashcards for them or use something like Quizlet so you don't have to make your own notes. i find seneca learning really useful especially for science and for Spanish something like memrise may help with vocab. there are always youtube videos for any topic you are struggling in. Hope this helps and Good luck x
Hi Everyone! I'm so scared and stressed, and having a literal breakdown because I haven't done any revision for all of my GCSE Subjects including English lit and lang, maths, combined science and tomorrow is the 1st of April. so if I revise from tomorrow will I still be able to get good grades like grades 4 or 5? and if possible please tell me any revision techniques/methods you have done which worked efficiently and link any websites which are useful for the following subjects as well:
English lit+lang, Maths, Combined Science, Religious Studies, Geography, Spanish

Thank you, Everyone!
don't stress about it. Believe me, I used to stress but I have confidence I will do it. Anyway, it is not too late I believe that everyone here including me you can pass get some past papers and use them to practice so you understand more and feel confident anyway don't be scared just put the effort in and you will pass. I make flashcards and try to revise the content from there. It helps a lot to me but other people have different opinions. you still have time to get the grades you want

Thank you, Everyone!
I'm Spanish if someone needs help just tell me
Thank you guys for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest