The Student Room Group

Not enjoying my uni course anymore

Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing Aerospace Engineering at uni and it's going alright. I'm doing well in tests and exams but I'm not interested in the subject.

I was talking to a friend and they said what would I do instead and I explained to them, I'd do history as I love history and did it in A level.

Looking at my unis modules for history, it seems so much more interesting that thermodynamics or aerodynamics or even flight mechanics. Like i really cba to do them.

I miss history a level and I love just sitting there and listening to people teach history.

If anyone does history, whats it like to be a history student?

I'm not sure what I should do.. whether I should change courses or just stick it out with engineering or maybe because i'm on a dry patch with my subject, I wanna change and maybe history isn't what I think it'll be..?

Im really unsure. Could use some help!
Original post by AyyJeh
Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing Aerospace Engineering at uni and it's going alright. I'm doing well in tests and exams but I'm not interested in the subject.

I was talking to a friend and they said what would I do instead and I explained to them, I'd do history as I love history and did it in A level.

Looking at my unis modules for history, it seems so much more interesting that thermodynamics or aerodynamics or even flight mechanics. Like i really cba to do them.

I miss history a level and I love just sitting there and listening to people teach history.

If anyone does history, whats it like to be a history student?

I'm not sure what I should do.. whether I should change courses or just stick it out with engineering or maybe because i'm on a dry patch with my subject, I wanna change and maybe history isn't what I think it'll be..?

Im really unsure. Could use some help!

My son transferred from mechanical engineering to History and so far he's enjoying it a lot more - he's coming to the end of his first year now.

Having said that, he was not doing well on his original course (unlike you), so that gave him the added impetus to actually make the change. Also, you have to think about what you would want to do with a history degree job wise, as it's not as clear cut as in Engineering. It's a difficult choice for those people who are very good at Maths/Physics but also the more essay based subjects - most people are one or the other!
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
My son transferred from mechanical engineering to History and so far he's enjoying it a lot more - he's coming to the end of his first year now.

Having said that, he was not doing well on his original course (unlike you), so that gave him the added impetus to actually make the change. Also, you have to think about what you would want to do with a history degree job wise, as it's not as clear cut as in Engineering. It's a difficult choice for those people who are very good at Maths/Physics but also the more essay based subjects - most people are one or the other!

Thanks for the reply!

I think i'll see how I do after the semester 2 exams and then base my decision off that. I think it might also be a lack of motivation but I just wish I enjoyed my uni course a bit more and was more enthusiastic and passionate like others are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending