The Student Room Group

Messi or Ronaldo and why?

I prefer Ronaldo because I like his skills
John Arne Riise.
*sigh*
Original post by Notoriety
John Arne Riise.
Terry Crews
Personally, Ronaldo. His pace, strength, and ball control are mesmerizing, especially back when he was playing for Manchester United. He is a consistent big game player, holding a lot of Champions League and club records, and it pretty successful with Portugal as well. Messi has had a lot less success with Argentina (presumably because he isn't playing with a team of world-class players there). I'm biased because I support United, and never watched much La Liga, but also know that Messi is an amazing player, and it's hard to compare the two when they play in different positions and for different teams.
Thank you, that was very interesting to read!
Original post by adamurray
Personally, Ronaldo. His pace, strength, and ball control are mesmerizing, especially back when he was playing for Manchester United. He is a consistent big game player, holding a lot of Champions League and club records, and it pretty successful with Portugal as well. Messi has had a lot less success with Argentina (presumably because he isn't playing with a team of world-class players there). I'm biased because I support United, and never watched much La Liga, but also know that Messi is an amazing player, and it's hard to compare the two when they play in different positions and for different teams.
Ronaldo.

Big game player par excellence. Messi has more skills but Ronaldo has more to his game, aerial ability/strength and is not far off Messi's dribbling. Messi a much better passer but then Ronaldo has the edge for shooting, intelligence and leadership.

Not much in it, a few years back I preferred Messi but if Messi keeps going until 33 too I might be tempted to switch back, but I think not.
Reply 7
Ronaldo as he’s made me more money . You can pretty much rely on him just a bit more.
Reply 8
for the record this guy got banned so you wont be hearing from em anymore...
Original post by Username <o/
Reply 9
Lionel Messi
Ronaldo becomes the first player to win a league title in England, Spain and Italy.

I think he will move to PSG in summer 2020..
Original post by adamurray

In my opinion when trying to make a decision on who is better, Messi or Ronaldo? i think it comes down to have they played in the premier league? Ronaldo has for Manchester UTD.
Reply 12
Why? Messi would tear up the PL if he wanted to, and has to their clubs in Europe many times.
Original post by BLD1001
In my opinion when trying to make a decision on who is better, Messi or Ronaldo? i think it comes down to have they played in the premier league? Ronaldo has for Manchester UTD.
Wilf Zaha. He's single-handedly kept Palace in the Premier League for 7 seasons - that's a real achievement. Genuinely don't think Messi could have done that (despite being better at most things). Ronaldo maybe. So, in conclusion:

1. Zaha
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Username <o/

i dont believe that Ronaldo is better because of his skills, maybe skills is one of the features that makes a good player but not what makes him the best player. Ronaldo has such a big ego that he has to show off the skills and go one on one with defenders, its all part of the confidence. Messi has skills as well, i think Messi is a better dribbler because of the way that he dribble with the b all so close to his feet that the defender hesitates to tackle incase he causes contact and fouls him. Ronaldo likes the wings to sprint and push the ball ahead of him and drag the defender further towards him to allow team mates to find space. Ronaldo loves the step overs and is alot taller than Messi so obviously he will have the ball further from him because he has longer legs. I think Messi has better improvisation skills, when ronaldo loses the ball he gives up and his body language changes so quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest