The Student Room Group

Alabama Proposes New Law That Makes Abortion Punishable By Up To 99 Years In Prison

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
Just remember that these people have been able to justify murder without even thiking about it. Very little point in arguing with some of these people.

Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder
Not murder

murder
/ˈməːdə/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Seems like I am right.
Reply 42
Just remember that these people have been able to justify murder without even thinking about it. Very little point in arguing with some of these people.

To make it clear, I'm not an absolute anti-abortionist but I definitely don't recognise any arbitrary lines in the process from inception. I think Buddhists feel the same way too, there's a sizeable body of opinion to be reckoned with. Tampering with events at any stage has exactly the same outcome, we would have never lived to tell the tale if aborted at any point.

I have someone in the family who survived (is there a better word?) an attempted abortion. Given up for adoption and hopefully unaware of it, wherever he may be now it would be extremely ironic for him to be a committed abortionist. It's complicated, more than what some people make of it. How complicated or straightforward it is may be the real debate to be had.

Finally, and because it takes two to dance, nobody ever spares a thought for what the father may think and that's sexist. In a way.
(edited 4 years ago)
murder
/ˈməːdə/
noun

Seems like I am right.

Seems like you're either an idiot or you're a troll.

1. Not unlawful
2. Not killing
3. One is human, one isn't.
Original post by Tarquin222
Abortion is the murder of a child in the womb. All the science has proven the the child is a sentient being. Liberals try to turn morals on their head and criticise those who condemn this barbaric act but murder is murder.

This is not true. There's scientific evidence that strongly suggests "sentience" would begin around the third trimester, which is why many laws have a time limit on abortion that is a few weeks before the start of the third trimester. It's not barbaric, when fully legalised and done properly, abortion is one of the safest procedures. On top of that most, less than 1% of abortions occur after the middle of the second trimester.
Just remember that these people have been able to justify murder without even thinking about it. Very little point in arguing with some of these people.

It's not murder. It's inducing an abortion of something which cannot survive on its own. Alabama has the highest rate of death penalties in the US and I guarantee that there's more of these idiots who have the audacity themselves pro life who vehemently support the death penalty, they don't give a damn about life. The woman should have the choice of whether she has an abortion, things don't always plan out the way they should. And none of this "You should have thought before opening your legs" nonsense, humans desire sex, contraceptives don't always work and there's lack of education regarding them, by the same anti women types and the idea of perfection is BS, so there's going to be times where a regretful abortion happens, that's how things work.
There is no human inside of the womb. Stop spreading lies you fanatic.
Original post by Tarquin222
They always use terms like fetus to get away from the fact that it is a human life that is being murdered in the womb
How much further do you want to go back? Should every man pay the price for the sin of masturbation? Wasting valuable sperm that is potential for human life.
Original post by z-hog
What was the value in you when you were that fetus? Looking back, is that all you think you were at that stage?
Coming from you and some of the views you hold? Bit rich dude.
Go figure you make abortion about men. Cliche.
Original post by z-hog
Finally, and because it takes two to dance, nobody ever spares a thought for what the father may think and that's sexist. In a way.
murder
/ˈməːdə/
noun

Seems like I am right.

If abortion is legal, then it's already not unlawful by definition, whether it is a human being or not.

Clearly you're in the wrong.
Original post by NotNotBatman
This is not true. There's scientific evidence that strongly suggests "sentience" would begin around the third trimester, which is why many laws have a time limit on abortion that is a few weeks before the start of the third trimester. It's not barbaric, when fully legalised and done properly, abortion is one of the safest procedures. On top of that most, less than 1% of abortions occur after the middle of the second trimester.

It's not murder. It's inducing an abortion of something which cannot survive on its own. Alabama has the highest rate of death penalties in the US and I guarantee that there's more of these idiots who have the audacity themselves pro life who vehemently support the death penalty, they don't give a damn about life. The woman should have the choice of whether she has an abortion, things don't always plan out the way they should. And none of this "You should have thought before opening your legs" nonsense, humans desire sex, contraceptives don't always work and there's lack of education regarding them, by the same anti women types and the idea of perfection is BS, so there's going to be times where a regretful abortion happens, that's how things work.

"This is not true. There's scientific evidence that strongly suggests "sentience" would begin around the third trimester,"

Sentience is not the argument here, life is and the definition of life is a philosophical question, one that makes more sense if you say anything after conception as you have now created something with the potential to make a sentient being.
Original post by yudothis
How much further do you want to go back? Should every man pay the price for the sin of masturbation? Wasting valuable sperm that is potential for human life.

Sperm alone has no potential for human life, if you let sperm exist and do not interfere nothing will happen, but the second an egg is fertalized you now will forcefully have to act (in cases of abortion) to stop a child from being born. Obviously there are natural cases where a pregnancy is failed but that is not a forceful action so not murder or morally incorrect.
Original post by The Champion.m4a
If abortion is legal, then it's already not unlawful by definition, whether it is a human being or not.

Clearly you're in the wrong.

Abortion is legal because some people think that it is not a life, since it is a life it is murder and therefore should be against the law.
Original post by yudothis
There is no human inside of the womb. Stop spreading lies you fanatic.

Fanaticism for saving the lives of innocent people is morally just.
"This is not true. There's scientific evidence that strongly suggests "sentience" would begin around the third trimester,"

Sentience is not the argument here, life is and the definition of life is a philosophical question, one that makes more sense if you say anything after conception as you have now created something with the potential to make a sentient being.

I was Answering the other poster, which did mention sentience.

This is philosophical nonsense that shouldn't be considered when making laws, reason and logic is what is important.
Even then, it makes no sense, it also had the potential to be miscarried. So when did a miscarried bit of goo's life begin ?
Original post by NotNotBatman
I was Answering the other poster, which did mention sentience.

This is philosophical nonsense that shouldn't be considered when making laws, reason and logic is what is important.
Even then, it makes no sense, it also had the potential to be miscarried. So when did a miscarried bit of goo's life begin ?

Philosophy can often be reason and logic, especially since the definition of when a life begins is not scientific. and that life began at conception as all life does.
that law won't pass. i'll be extremely surprised if it does
Reply 57
Original post by Leviathan1611
that law won't pass. i'll be extremely surprised if it does

Why? This is America we are talking about. The land of the retards.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/alabama-proposes-new-law-that-makes-abortion-punishable-by-up-to-99-years-in-prison/ar-BBVEe75?li=AAnZ9Ug

Alabama has become the latest U.S. state seeking to introduce a strict abortion ban.

On Tuesday, Alabama representative Terri Collins proposed legislation that would make performing an abortion at any stage of pregnancy a crime.

The bill would effectively ban all abortions, including in cases of rape and incest, as soon as a woman is 'known to be pregnant'. The only exception would be if the mother's health was in jeopardy.

If a doctor was to perform the procedure, they could be charged with a Class A felony, which carries a prison sentence of 10 to 99 years.

While the sentencing for this crime is much too severe i support the Alabama State Congress in their attempt to restrict abortion which each year contributes negatively to both self responsibility and demographic change.
Original post by Rakas21
While the sentencing for this crime is much too severe i support the Alabama State Congress in their attempt to restrict abortion which each year contributes negatively to both self responsibility and demographic change.

Show me this negative impact abortion has.

You can’t just say it and expect I’ll think it’s true.

Quick Reply

Latest