The Student Room Group

Interview at Middlesex university

Hi
Is there anyone to guide me about the interview in Middlesex university for midwifery course. Please
How many questions usually will they ask us?
How long does it take?
How many examiners are there?
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I recently had my interview with Middlesex University and been offered a place now. I applied for adult nursing and the interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes. I had 3 people interviewing me. They were super nice and supportive. Basically, they just asked me the questions which were sent to me via email. So, my suggestions would be to read the article carefully and prepare other questions which are attached alongside. Good luck x
Reply 2
Congratulation. Which email? They have not sent me any email to read article. Could you please more explain about it? 🙏🏻
Original post by Pokchu
Hi, I recently had my interview with Middlesex University and been offered a place now. I applied for adult nursing and the interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes. I had 3 people interviewing me. They were super nice and supportive. Basically, they just asked me the questions which were sent to me via email. So, my suggestions would be to read the article carefully and prepare other questions which are attached alongside. Good luck x
Reply 3
They asked you all the questions which related to article? What about the general questions like why do you want to be a midwife or nurse?
Did they tell you about the result immidately after interview?
Thank you
Original post by Kiaana
Congratulation. Which email? They have not sent me any email to read article. Could you please more explain about it? 🙏🏻
Reply 4
They asked you all the questions which related to article? What about the general questions like why do you want to be a midwife or nurse?
Did they tell you about the result immidately after interview?
Thank you
Original post by Pokchu
Reply 5
I am going to give you the link. You have to read and understand what they are looking for, specifically on the midwifery section. They asked me to wait two weeks for the final outcome but I received mine within a week.
Here you go;
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/undergraduate/interviews-portfolios-and-auditions/nursing-and-midwifery-application-and-interviews

Good luck x
Reply 6
I am going to copy and paste the link here. You have to read them carefully and understand what they are looking for, specifically on the midwifery section. They asked me to wait 2 weeks for the final outcomes but I received mine within a week.

Here you go;
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/undergraduate/interviews-portfolios-and-auditions/nursing-and-midwifery-application-and-interviews

Good luck x
Reply 7
Thank you so much
Original post by Pokchu
I am going to copy and paste the link here. You have to read them carefully and understand what they are looking for, specifically on the midwifery section. They asked me to wait 2 weeks for the final outcomes but I received mine within a week.

Here you go;

Good luck x
Reply 8
By the way, when is your interview?
Reply 9
9 April
Original post by Pokchu
By the way, when is your interview?
Reply 10
All the best
Reply 11
Hi, thank you.
When you went for interview, did they ask you for example, what are the key message from the article and what are the role and responsiblity of nursing or midwifery which are inside the website?
Or
They asked you differently, please reply, thanks
Original post by Pokchu
All the best
Reply 12
They asked me what did you find the interesting part of an article and the role and responsibility of a nurse. Also, asked me why do you want to be a nurse. Good luck with your interview. Keep me updated x
Reply 13
Hi, I did interview with 2 people for midwifery on 9 April. They asked me about 5 questions. I answered all but I am still waiting for result. Is it normal to take long? Thanks
Original post by Pokchu
Reply 14
I think they might take up to 2 weeks. Don’t worry, you will be fine. Also, what other universities have you applied for?
Reply 15
Hi, today, I have received a place from Middlesex University for midwifery course. I am very pleased.
Original post by Pokchu
I think they might take up to 2 weeks. Don’t worry, you will be fine. Also, what other universities have you applied for?
Reply 16
Many congratulations x
Reply 17
Thanks
Original post by Pokchu
Many congratulations x
Reply 18
Hi
Have you receive any email for applying DBS and Occupational Health?
I have not received any thing from university and today I have informed them but nothing happen. I'm very worried. Is that right it might be taken 6 weeks to receive result? Thanks
Hi, I remember they ask you the questions through writing, and once you succeed the question and answer essays as well as math test you will proceed to the interview stage. The questions are centred around 6Cs of midwifery e.g compassionate, communication etc..Good luck 😉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending