The Student Room Group

Alabama Proposes New Law That Makes Abortion Punishable By Up To 99 Years In Prison

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
You have to remember you are talking to people who not just accept but praise the murder of innocent humans.

None of us is innocent. We are all sinners in God's eyes. Babies were born with the original sin.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Source?

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/428927-why-new-york-may-come-to-regret-its-overreach-on-abortionOn Jan. 22, Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York signed a law legalizing abortion for the entire 40 weeks of a woman's pregnancy - literally up until the moment of full-term delivery. Almost immediately, abortion advocates in Vermont, Rhode Island and Virginia began pushing similar laws."
Love this.

I counter you with my argument, and you respond with the exact same argument anyway, if @Bang Outta Order finds that obnoxious that's great, it's great that you find offense in an opposing argument instead of trying to acknowledge it's substance, I'm all for defence mechanisms.

You are coming from the position of a human life not actually being a human life probably thinking it starts after birth. I am stating that life begins at conception therfore it very clearly is murder. Your other arguments have amounted to "NOT MURDER NOT MURDER NOT MURDER" AND some drivel about how it somehow isnt a life.
You are coming from the position of a human life not actually being a human life probably thinking it starts after birth. I am stating that life begins at conception therfore it very clearly is murder. Your other arguments have amounted to "NOT MURDER NOT MURDER NOT MURDER" AND some drivel about how it somehow isnt a life.

1. Life does not begin at conception.
2. Again, not murder, I've told you why
3. Calling an embryo a human is like calling a tire a car.

I've given you countless arguments, detailed arguments, for some reason, be it your stubborn attitude to debates making you unable to concede or be it your lack of awareness, you continue to give me the same points without explaining them, if that's your logic, good luck.
Original post by The Champion.m4a
None of us is innocent. We are all sinners in God's eyes. Babies were born with the original sin.

I dont believe in original sin, my argument has nothing to do with religion.
Original post by Just my opinion
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/428927-why-new-york-may-come-to-regret-its-overreach-on-abortionOn Jan. 22, Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York signed a law legalizing abortion for the entire 40 weeks of a woman's pregnancy - literally up until the moment of full-term delivery. Almost immediately, abortion advocates in Vermont, Rhode Island and Virginia began pushing similar laws."

Screenshot_20190406-171817.jpg

I've given you countless arguments, detailed arguments, for some reason, be it your stubborn attitude to debates making you unable to concede or be it your lack of awareness, you continue to give me the same points without explaining them, if that's your logic, good luck.

Yes. And this is obnoxious. Making a list where you repeat nonsense as if you're right and refusing to even comprehend the other side, is obnoxious. The rest of your post is just hilarious how deluded you sound.
Original post by Just my opinion

Awesome. Hopefully more legislators and politicians continue to show backbone. There are some places in the world though, that need a human extinction...:toofunny: #JustMyOpinion
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Yes. And this is obnoxious. Making a list where you repeat nonsense as if you're right and refusing to even comprehend the other side, is obnoxious. The rest of your post is just hilarious how deluded you sound.

1. I am right, someone has to be, and it's certainly not you.

2. I have comprehended the oppositions views, hence why I am against them.

What are the alternatives? What options would you advocate for women who have been raped or are pregnant from incest?
Spending all your time denouncing abortion but haven’t been able to provide any alternatives?
Original post by Professional G
What are the alternatives? What options would you advocate for women who have been raped or are pregnant from incest?
Spending all your time denouncing abortion but haven’t been able to provide any alternatives?

I've got 5 quid he says contraception.
I dont believe in original sin, my argument has nothing to do with religion.

lol you should know that's the pro-abortion go-to argument, always bringing in religion to ridicule and dismiss anti-abortion by boxing us all in as "Jesus freaks." They're not able to fathom that even atheists and non-spiritual people can and do disagree with them and oppose murder, but with that "logic" then pro-aborters think that only religious people can oppose murder. Sick.
I've got 5 quid he says contraception.

I bet he will say abandoning the child at care or taking care of your rapist’s child.
1. I am right, someone has to be, and it's certainly not you.

2. I have comprehended the oppositions views, hence why I am against them.

childish.
I bet he will say taking care of your rapist’s child.

Nice way to speak about people born through rape, genius. since you care about them so much, right?
lol you should know that's the pro-abortion go-to argument, always bringing in religion to ridicule and dismiss anti-abortion by boxing us all in as "Jesus freaks." They're not able to fathom that even atheists and non-spiritual people can and do disagree with them and oppose murder, but with that "logic" then pro-aborters think that only religious people can oppose murder. Sick.

Do you know the difference between pro choice and pro abortion?
Why are you assuming pro choice means pro abortion?

Pro Choice -

advocating the legal right of a woman to choose whether or not she will have an abortion.

Does that say those who are pro choice would have an abortion themselves?
childish.

watermelon.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Nice way to speak about people born through rape, genius. since you care about them so much, right?

Almost like I have friends who have been product of rape?
Try asking what a woman would feel if they had to take care of their rapist child?
It’s almost like it wasn’t their choice to get raped.

Why are you assuming pro choice means pro abortion?

are you being serious? But I already know the way you debate, this inflated arse-kissing type of pretend-liberalism, and I doubt you truly believe in what you're saying. You deflect with rhetorical questions to draw up a high road for yourself to escape down, ughh. I'll entertain this part of your post, the only part that doesn't make me painfully nauseous in all seriousness, and I'll say clearly supporting one leads to going against the other, genius.

It is a fact that there is and can be no scientifc definition of life. Taking the position that conception is the beginning of a life is a logical one, the second conception happens that embryo is on track to be birthed (your definition of life) and without any forceful intervention that baby will become a life (by your standards). Any time before fertilisation there needs to be forceful action taken to create a life (having sex) so the arguments about sperm being a life or eggs are null. Obviously there are times where the baby will not be born for other reasons but that is just as natural as birth itself.

Calling an embryo a human is like calling a tire a car.
This is a laughable analogy.

The closest I can come to a good one is baking a cake. if you have the ingredients seperate nothing will happen and it is not a cake (sperm and egg) if you mix the ingredients together and put it in the oven (fertilisation) you are now on track with to have a cake, and without any forceful actions such as opening the oven or turning down the temp (abortion) you will now have a cake when the time is up (9 or so months) now sometimes your cake will not have properly risen or for some odd reason has not worked despite doing all you can to make it good (a natural termination of life).

Therefore stopping it any time inbetween fertilisation and birth is taking a direct action to stop your definition of a life so you are effectively ending a life through forceful means.

But in all honesty analogies are often terrible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending