The Student Room Group

Best way to revise

Are flashcards and past papers the key to getting high grades (as in A’s). Thanks!
Original post by loganmawill
Are flashcards and past papers the key to getting high grades (as in A’s). Thanks!

You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics&MathsTutor will help you to be thorough with each topic if you learn from the mistakes you make on each question. :smile:

Flashcards are useful to help you memorise the content if you use the active recall technique with them. But make sure you don't spend too long making the flashcards as this will be counter productive.
Original post by Infinite Series
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics
I have practice paper books by topic so that will work!
(edited 4 years ago)
[QUOTE="loganmawill;82631798"]
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics
What do you mean by use the active recall technique with them?
(edited 4 years ago)
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics&MathsTutor will help you to be thorough with each topic if you learn from the mistakes you make on each question. :smile:

Flashcards are useful to help you memorise the content if you use the active recall technique with them. But make sure you don't spend too long making the flashcards as this will be counter productive.

Could you please explain how to use active recall with flash cards

I agree
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree

Would you be able to explain the active recall technique?
What do you mean by use the active recall technique with them?

Would you be able to explain the active recall technique?

This video explains it very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE :smile:
This video explains it very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE :smile:

So basically don’t take notes just test yourself. Would quizlet be good for this. I was making these a couple of hours ago B6A3CE99-EBDA-4322-8BE4-CD2926A0231E.jpg.jpeg
So basically don’t take notes just test yourself. Would quizlet be good for this. I was making these a couple of hours ago B6A3CE99-EBDA-4322-8BE4-CD2926A0231E.jpg.jpeg

Quizlet is very useful :smile: You can probably find pre-made notes on there which will save you time instead of having to make them from scratch.

Quick Reply