The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham or KCL for law LLB?

I’m an EU student and have gotten offers for both (the conditions are the same). I am torn between the two.

I thing that King’s has a better international rep and Durham a better domestical rep which are both important to me. I like the course better at King’s but the student life and overall atmosphere and collegiate system better at Durham. However I’ve been told Durham is very british and I might not fit in, being an EU student.

Does anyone have advice based on prestige, how enjoyable the course and uni life is etc? Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by yoko123
I’m an EU student and have gotten offers for both (the conditions are the same). I am torn between the two.

I thing that King’s has a better international rep and Durham a better domestical rep which are both important to me. I like the course better at King’s but the student life and overall atmosphere and collegiate system better at Durham. However I’ve been told Durham is very british and I might not fit in, being an EU student.

Does anyone have advice based on prestige, how enjoyable the course and uni life is etc? Thank you!

Internatipnally KCL is much better accoriding to the two well respected world rankings. Although Kings domestic rank is slightly low yet still in the upper quartile of unis, its law is ranked high domestically and internationally.

For me I have offers to study economics at both Dur and KCL but in London there are more opportunities which is why I firmed the latter.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest