The Student Room Group

Medicine 2019 Waiting List

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, they replied confirming I was added to the wait list but didn’t give any detail on how many were on the wait list, or where I was placed
Original post by BabiahMed
Great! Did they also inform you of your position on the waitlist? Did you get an email confirmation from Edinburgh that you've been placed on the wait list?
Reply 21
Thank you. Good luck with the wait list. I have to reach out to them Monday to be placed on wait list.

What are you stats if you don't mind sharing please
Grads turn Down offers all of the time provided they have received more than one. They are only allowed to firm one choice. I know it’s tough waiting but we have no choice. Keep your chin up, you never know you might get a track update with good news one of these days. I have two rejections, and two waitlist and although I am devastated I am trying to be optimistic. It’s a very competitive process and unfortunately for me other applicants performed better at interview. It’s as simple as that nothing else. I will be trying again next year and will certainly be in a better position to knock their socks off at interview as I have this years process behind me. I know rejections are hard, but work on a better ukcat for next year and practice interview skills. It’s what most of us on this thread will have to do if we are unsuccessful in this years cycle. Good luck to all
Original post by 'Asian lad
I'm so confused with my whole application process. Eventhough I'm a graduate. I'm classified as RUK. and to be honest My UKCat is as low as it can get 625.
Looking at everyone else who has applied with similar degree and better ukcat(RUK). I shouldn't even get a interview.
This just made me wonder. Was I invited so the university can met their ethics minority quota ?!
Being a uk graduate and placed on waiting list is pretty much a rejection. Ain't no graduates gonna turn down a offer. Looking at last year statistics. 100+ offer for graduates and only 60 intakes. You probably have to be the top 3 waiting list to get a offer. 😂
Reply 23
Original post by BabiahMed
Thank you. Good luck with the wait list. I have to reach out to them Monday to be placed on wait list.

What are you stats if you don't mind sharing please

Thanks and same to you! My stats are 5 A’s at higher, predicted 3 A’s at AH, UKCAT 666 SJ B2
Reply 24
My 5th choice is an unconditional Biomedical. It would be good to get a standby, but in truth unlikely. Time to reflect and consider on all including applying next year

Remember it’s not always the best person that gets an offer and the system isn’t perfect, but unfortunately that’s life, so don’t beat yourself up.
(edited 5 years ago)
That's great! How long did it take for Edinburgh to confirm you're on the waiting list? I emailed them yesterday morning, but just got the standard 'we are experiencing a high volume of email at the moment message'. I declined my 5th choice (neuroscience) as I just don't see myself doing it
Original post by Phd77
No, for Edinburgh they said as long as it’s not an offer for medicine you can be added to their list so I firmed my back up course & they’ve confirmed I am now on the wait list
Thanks for the help anyway! Decided to knock it back yesterday, may as well try again next year if I don't get a place from the waiting list this time around
Original post by Dreamdoc
I don’t know but on the Kings waitlist email it says that once we firm another offer we can no longer be considered! But I guess in Kings case in order to firm another offer you must withdraw from Kings as they have not officially replied to a waitlist applicant. Sorry I can’t be of more help
Reply 27
Hi guys, I am a first year graduate medical student at Aberdeen who got in through the waiting list last year. I got my offer on the 30th April after initially being rejected in March and know of at least 4 others in my year who were wait listed so don't lose hope! If you have any questions feel free to message me :smile:
Reply 28
I didn't hear anything else from them and just got an email from track saying it had been updated again and it had changed to an offer. However, someone told me in my year that they were initially rejected and then had an interview in July and got an offer in August a couple of weeks before we started so I don't know how they decide! I have a 1st class degree and my UKCAT was around 667. I thought my interview was a disaster but then most people think that about their interview performance.
(edited 5 years ago)
Just to reiterate what AKJE221 stated. When I applied for GEM the third time I was on waiting lists at Notts, Swansea, and Warwick. I eventually got a Warwick offer in June(!) - now I'm in my second year, so don't give up hope!!!
seeing as you're both graduates, i would like to ask how it works for you guys in terms of funding? did you apply right after your undergrad degree? what was the application like in general compared to applying as a school leaver?
Original post by AKJE221
Hi guys, I am a first year graduate medical student at Aberdeen who got in through the waiting list last year. I got my offer on the 30th April after initially being rejected in March and know of at least 4 others in my year who were wait listed so don't lose hope! If you have any questions feel free to message me :smile:

Original post by Marathi
Just to reiterate what AKJE221 stated. When I applied for GEM the third time I was on waiting lists at Notts, Swansea, and Warwick. I eventually got a Warwick offer in June(!) - now I'm in my second year, so don't give up hope!!!
Reply 31
International student, waitlisted for

Queen's University Belfast
University of Leicester

:frown:
Reply 32
I sent an FOI to University of Edinburgh regarding the wait list and got the following reply. I am attaching my questions and their response
Reply 33
Interesting, did you send one off for Aberdeen?
Reply 34
I sent one to Aberdeen last week so have to wait for another few weeks as they respond in 20 business days. Has anyone else sent an FOI to any university regarding Wait List?
I got 600 Band 1 so yours wasn’t the lowest :wink:
Also if you check their stats the lowest UKCAT score to receive an offer for 2018 was 2380 so that’s lower than ours in any case
Original post by 'Asian lad
I'm so confused with my whole application process. Eventhough I'm a graduate. I'm classified as RUK. and to be honest My UKCat is as low as it can get 625.
Looking at everyone else who has applied with similar degree and better ukcat(RUK). I shouldn't even get a interview.
This just made me wonder. Was I invited so the university can met their ethics minority quota ?!
Being a uk graduate and placed on waiting list is pretty much a rejection. Ain't no graduates gonna turn down a offer. Looking at last year statistics. 100+ offer for graduates and only 60 intakes. You probably have to be the top 3 waiting list to get a offer. 😂
Original post by _aries
International student, waitlisted for

Queen's University Belfast
University of Leicester

:frown:

I’m on the waitlist for queens Belfast too!! When was your interview?
Reply 37
Original post by Maggie.houston
I’m on the waitlist for queens Belfast too!! When was your interview?

Oh dang nice! Mine was in January. Do you know what rank you got for interview? And are you home/int?
Original post by _aries
Oh dang nice! Mine was in January. Do you know what rank you got for interview? And are you home/int?

No I’ve asked them for feedback but they said it would take up to 10 days ): and I’m from Scotland so I guess that’s rest of UK? Where are you from? My interview was the 13th of January
Reply 39
I asked Glasgow for interview feedback and they sent me a generic reply stating they were unable to give a detailed response due to the large volume of requests and highlighted it was only the performance at interview that was relied on and in particular the 2x2 interviewers.

Whilst understandable, it would have been of immense benefit for me personally to know where the areas were that I could improve on rather than have to guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending