The Student Room Group

GCSE Design and Technology NEA

Hi, I’m in year 10 and we are doing some practice on the nea context part of the exam (product design). I chose the brief ‘supporting developing countries’ and we have to complete the whole of the nea context which is supposed to be about 25 a3 PowerPoint slides I believe. We have been given an AQA example response but not much else so can someone send me what each slide should contain in depth, or an example response that is helpful. Or if anyone’s done the 9-1 course and got a good grade on their coursework could send me theirs or give me some advice?

Scroll to see replies

Is this PowerPoint like a digital portfolio? :smile:
Reply 2
Yes I suppose so. Did you do dt gcse?
Original post by Oliver789
Yes I suppose so. Did you do dt gcse?

I did but back when it was the old letter system so i imagine it will have changed, im doing degree DT though so i can give you some general portfolio structures if that will help
Reply 4
Thanks but I’m more interested in the gcse nea slides sorry it wouldn’t be of help as it has to be structured a certain way
Thanks but I’m more interested in the gcse nea slides sorry it wouldn’t be of help as it has to be structured a certain way

No worries, totally understandable :smile: hope you get the answers you are looking for
Reply 6
Thanks again! (:
Reply 7
Thanks again! (:

I got a grade 9 in my coursework this year - I can send it next year (for your year 11 NEA) as right now it could be moderated by AQA and I do not want it leaked on the internet.
Reply 8
Hi, we just got our results back too. You say you got grade 9, what mark is that?
Original post by Kinto
I got a grade 9 in my coursework this year - I can send it next year (for your year 11 NEA) as right now it could be moderated by AQA and I do not want it leaked on the internet.
Original post by HB0902
Hi, we just got our results back too. You say you got grade 9, what mark is that?

Grade 9 is the highest mark at GCSE :smile:
Reply 10
Yes I am aware. I was talking about marks. What I was asking was what mark he got out of 100 to get a grade 9
Original post by CoolCavy
Grade 9 is the highest mark at GCSE :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by HB0902
Yes I am aware. I was talking about marks. What I was asking was what mark he got out of 100 to get a grade 9

98/100 - but it is provisional, I believe our school assumed 90/100+ for a grade nine.
Hi, is it possible for me to have a look? . I did mine this year, but haven't gotten my results back yet!
Hi, is it possible for me to have a look? . I did mine this year, but haven't gotten my results back yet!
Original post by Kinto
98/100 - but it is provisional, I believe our school assumed 90/100+ for a grade nine.
Hey there how many marks would a grade 7 need I have 70/100
I literally submitted my NEA last week and I got 97/100, which is equivalent to a grade 9. How are you guys revising for the exam? Do you find the exam easy? Do you have access to any more exam papers, as AQA have only provided the sample assessment material on their website?
I would say that these are rough grade boundaries:
Mark Grade
10 1
20 2
30 3
40 4
50 5
60 6
70 7
80 8
90 9
can someone send theirs to me as well please because i will be doing it this year and would be grateful if i have something to go by as i am aiming a grade 9 as well
Reply 18
Hi, thanks for all the replies! For those who said they’d got grade 9s this year and we’re going to send their coursework could you please send a copy so I can see how good it needs to be. The briefs were fairly easy this year.
Reply 19
if possible could I get it sent to me too, we haven't had a proper DT teacher and so I am so behind on my coursework and have to do it on my own id love to be able to have an outline

Latest