The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Religious Studies J625 13th and 20th May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

I'm taking the RE qualification in a few weeks time and have practised different questions. However,I can't seem to find any past papers and I don't understand the layout of the exam.(I don't understand which questions there will be for example if there will be 3 3mark questions in christianity paper 1 or if there will be 2 3 mark questions) Any help would be appreciated.(I'm taking Christianity and Islam)

Scroll to see replies

hey! im doing the same board. im in year 10 but i can still tell you a bit

so for your two one hour exams, there are two questions, each structured like this:

a) 3 marks
b) 3 marks
c) 3 marks
d) 6 marks
e) 15 (or 18) marks

and for the two hour exam, there are four questions, each structured like:

a) 3 marks
b) 6 marks
c) 6 marks
d) 15 (or 18) marks

there are some sample assessment materials on the website also

hope this helps and best of luck for your exams! x
Original post by smiley_21
I'm taking the RE qualification in a few weeks time and have practised different questions. However,I can't seem to find any past papers and I don't understand the layout of the exam.(I don't understand which questions there will be for example if there will be 3 3mark questions in christianity paper 1 or if there will be 2 3 mark questions) Any help would be appreciated.(I'm taking Christianity and Islam)
Reply 2
Thank you sm for your help! I actually understand now😄. So for each one hour exam I would just be doing what you said twice in the same paper right? So 10 questions on Christianity only in 1 hour and the same for Islam?
Original post by gongyla
hey! im doing the same board. im in year 10 but i can still tell you a bit

so for your two one hour exams, there are two questions, each structured like this:

a) 3 marks
b) 3 marks
c) 3 marks
d) 6 marks
e) 15 (or 18) marks

and for the two hour exam, there are four questions, each structured like:

a) 3 marks
b) 6 marks
c) 6 marks
d) 15 (or 18) marks

there are some sample assessment materials on the website also

hope this helps and best of luck for your exams! x
Reply 3
I’m scared for this exam next Monday, I really need to work on timing for those 15 markers ffs
Reply 4
ikr,have you finished learning content???
Reply 5
Philosophy should be fine, the first paper can bring awkward questions
Reply 6
We’ve been told to try and spend 15 minutes on them as that is about 1 mark a minute
Original post by m2b
I’m scared for this exam next Monday, I really need to work on timing for those 15 markers ffs
Original post by m2b

For what exam?
Reply 8
Original post by MaisyJane28
For what exam?

Both Christianity and Islam ☹️
I don't do either of those but i know how you feel with timings.
My advice would be practice some questions and time yourself (set an alarm) and before you answer the question, spend a few minutes planning via bullet-points what you need to include.

If that makes sense? :smile:
Original post by m2b
Both Christianity and Islam ☹️
Reply 10
Original post by MaisyJane28
I don't do either of those but i know how you feel with timings.
My advice would be practice some questions and time yourself (set an alarm) and before you answer the question, spend a few minutes planning via bullet-points what you need to include.

If that makes sense? :smile:

Thanks I’ll do some timed 6/15 markers this weekend. Hopefully I’ll save some time with the 3 markers. I heard their doing answer booklets this year so I’ll probably do all the 3 and 6 markers first so I’ve got surplus time to do the 15 markers :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Its_eggz
We’ve been told to try and spend 15 minutes on them as that is about 1 mark a minute

So have I but it seems near impossible to write a hearty 2 page response for me in 15 minutes😭 does anyone have any exemplars?
Original post by m2b
So have I but it seems near impossible to write a hearty 2 page response for me in 15 minutes😭 does anyone have any exemplars?

Lol you can get 15 marks with one page of writing trust me. Don’t overwork your answer cuz it needs to be to the point and you’ll just bore the examiner
Also, does anyone know where to find questions because there’s only 1 past paper and the 2018 paper to use :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Dinu1004
Lol you can get 15 marks with one page of writing trust me. Don’t overwork your answer cuz it needs to be to the point and you’ll just bore the examiner

My teacher said we should have a short introduction with two developed points in agreement and two points in disagreement then a conclusion - not sure i can fit that in a page 😭
Reply 15
How you guys feeling for the exam?
Original post by Cov3rt
How you guys feeling for the exam?

Fairly good tbh. I am gonna go in with a preprepared paragraph on Sacraments, Sermon on The Mount, the Trinity, Evangelism and Charities because I’m sure I will be able to incorporate them into the 15 marker. I would advise everyone to prepare some paras because most questions usually ask: Discuss whether this is the most important thing for Christians.
Reply 17
why dont you start off with the 15 mark questions as that is the most important one then work your way down x
Original post by m2b

Original post by Cov3rt
Philosophy should be fine, the first paper can bring awkward questions
Reply 18
Lets all share some quotes as the exam is only 2 days away!
christianity-"blessed are the peacemakers"
"we are all one in Jesus Christ"
"be fruitful and multiply"
islam-"do not be divided"
"allah loves the fair minded"
"men and women were created from a single soul"
Reply 19
Original post by bostudy
Lets all share some quotes as the exam is only 2 days away!
christianity-"blessed are the peacemakers"
"we are all one in Jesus Christ"
"be fruitful and multiply"
islam-"do not be divided"
"allah loves the fair minded"
"men and women were created from a single soul"

God created man in his image - Genesis imago dei
When two or three are gathered I am here
Go forth and baptise the nations
For God so loved the world He gave his only son
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all the creation
As I have loved you so you must love one another
The eyes of the lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer
This is my body for you eat this in remembrance of me
Every act of goodness is charity (Hadith)
O believers! When the call is made for prayer on Friday hurry toward the remembrance of allah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending