The Student Room Group

Failing A levels

I had high predicted grades and got all five uni offers. The school had a little chat with me saying i probably wont get into the uni i want to as my grades this year have been ****. I know theyre right and there is no way id get the grades i need. I have no motivation left. the tiny bit of motivation i had has gone following that chat and now i kinda just dont see the point in trying at all

Scroll to see replies

You can still change it if you put in the effective revision. It’s all down to you. I am in the same position on ABC when I need A*AA. Do the revision. Do the work. It may be late but if you do it correctly you can change it honestly if you’ve got no motivation, it doesn’t matter because you will regret missing out on these spots, whether it be in a year or ten.
Original post by ----_----
I had high predicted grades and got all five uni offers. The school had a little chat with me saying i probably wont get into the uni i want to as my grades this year have been ****. I know theyre right and there is no way id get the grades i need. I have no motivation left. the tiny bit of motivation i had has gone following that chat and now i kinda just dont see the point in trying at all

I think I'm gonna fail too my notes are incomplete:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by *Alisha*
I think I'm gonna fail too my notes are incomplete:frown:

GUUUrl do i even have notes lmao
Its ok. We'll fail together :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by nightisdark
You can still change it if you put in the effective revision. It’s all down to you. I am in the same position on ABC when I need A*AA. Do the revision. Do the work. It may be late but if you do it correctly you can change it honestly if you’ve got no motivation, it doesn’t matter because you will regret missing out on these spots, whether it be in a year or ten.

I literally cant get myself to do any work tho. Like i wish i cared more but i just dont. I know ill regret it and get even more depressed but i cant motivate myself at all
I hate revising so so much and cant concentrate for long periods of time
Reply 5
I literally cant get myself to do any work tho. Like i wish i cared more but i just dont. I know ill regret it and get even more depressed but i cant motivate myself at all
I hate revising so so much and cant concentrate for long periods of time

A lot of people can't focus for long periods of time, myself included, but using the Pomodoro technique is really useful. It's just short bursts of revision then and you are much less likely to burn out :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rm.25
A lot of people can't focus for long periods of time, myself included, but using the Pomodoro technique is really useful. It's just short bursts of revision then and you are much less likely to burn out :smile:

By long periods of time i mean 10 minutes
Reply 7
By long periods of time i mean 10 minutes

ok maybe start off revising for 5 minutes, then revise for 10, then 15 and so on then it will feel a bit more manageable? Also, it's not too late to turn things around. 5 uni offers is amazing! You just have to think about what outcome you want on results day and where those grades will get you next year. I'm pretty sure you don't want to take another year to resit?
GUUUrl do i even have notes lmao
Its ok. We'll fail together :smile:

Yh who gives an f about exams. What subjects are you doing?
Forget re-reading the textbook or taking notes or highlighting ****. Start doing this:

PART 1: https://youtu.be/ukLnPbIffxE
PART 2: https://youtu.be/Z-zNHHpXoMM

Watch them both beginning to end. Best time investment if you want to maximize the time you put into your studies.
Reply 10
Original post by rm.25
ok maybe start off revising for 5 minutes, then revise for 10, then 15 and so on then it will feel a bit more manageable? Also, it's not too late to turn things around. 5 uni offers is amazing! You just have to think about what outcome you want on results day and where those grades will get you next year. I'm pretty sure you don't want to take another year to resit?

Yeh i guess i will try to start short bits of revision but i know nothing lol
Its almost like i feel like an hour of sadness and crying a hysteria on results day because of my **** grades will be worth the hours of sitting around watching **** shows and scrolling through reddit. And as tho the stress of caring about exams and trying just arent worth getting decent grades and going to uni like idk
i cant words but im sad anyways and probably will always be sad so is it worth it really when imma be sad either way
Reply 11
Yh who gives an f about exams. What subjects are you doing?

Maths, further math (biggest mistake lol) physics and economics
wbu?
Maths, further math (biggest mistake lol) physics and economics
wbu?

Wow some difficult subjects. I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy. If you don't have notes, there's loads of websites online that have amazing resources such as Maths and Physics tutor. I use it for psychology and it's really good.
Original post by TheProctor
Forget re-reading the textbook or taking notes or highlighting ****. Start doing this:

PART 1: https://youtu.be/ukLnPbIffxE
PART 2: https://youtu.be/Z-zNHHpXoMM

Watch them both beginning to end. Best time investment if you want to maximize the time you put into your studies.

I love Alis videos he's right. Note taking is a waste of time.
Reply 14
Wow some difficult subjects. I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy. If you don't have notes, there's loads of websites online that have amazing resources such as Maths and Physics tutor. I use it for psychology and it's really good.

Maths and Physics tutor is actually the best ngl
I really recommend you read a page or a topic in your textbook then close your book and from memory write down everything you read. I do this for most my subjects and it really works!!
Reply 16
Don't give up!!!!! Don't listen to your teachers, PROVE THEM WRONG!!!!!! And when you do get the grades and you do get into uni shove it in their faces!!!!! But most importantly do it for yourself!!!!! I found this video helped motivate me, maybe skip ahead a bit, it's by IbzMo :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3kiDZd6l4I
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
I really recommend you read a page or a topic in your textbook then close your book and from memory write down everything you read. I do this for most my subjects and it really works!!

thank you :smile:
probably cant do that for maths tho but physics and econ yeh
Reply 18
Original post by rm.25
Don't give up!!!!! I found this video helped motivate me, maybe skip ahead a bit, it's by IbzMo :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3kiDZd6l4I

Thats been recommended to me for months and ive always avoided clicking on it ahah
Thank you :smile:
Will my firm or choice uni reject my offer if I don’t get my maths gcse on time? I’m retaking maths gcse so my results with that will come one week AFTERS A level results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending