The Student Room Group

a level revision

i would say both but at this stage i need to be able to remember content which i just can’t
Original post by leahx19
i would say both but at this stage i need to be able to remember content which i just can’t

Why can't you remember content?
Reply 2
i don’t know? maybe i’m not revising right
Original post by leahx19
i don’t know? maybe i’m not revising right

How do you revise? Studies have shown that active recall can really help us retain information. So test yourself as that will force your brain to work harder and you will remember the information. Use flashcards and follow the spaced repetition technique. I also can't remember stuff, so I would usually revise something then revise it 3 days later again so that it goes into my LTM. Maybe you were rushing. lol I tried to revise the whole of paper 1 psychology in one day so I found myself forgetting information quicker. So take your time, we've still got time, don't rush and constantly test yourself.
Reply 4
thanks so much!! i’ll be sure to try thjs
Reply 5
Original post by leahx19
thanks so much!! i’ll be sure to try thjs

The poster above made a really good point you should listen to. More often than not, people are tricked into thinking that constant revision helps long term memory. Actually forgetting stuff works...take like 3 days to just forget the stuff then revise it again
Original post by timif1
The poster above made a really good point you should listen to. More often than not, people are tricked into thinking that constant revision helps long term memory. Actually forgetting stuff works...take like 3 days to just forget the stuff then revise it again

Yh my memory is terrible, that I forget information within like 4 days. There's so much to learn in a levels ugh cant wait till they're over.
its BBC Bitesize not whatever you wrote.:biggrin:
You do psychology too? How do you remember the evaluation points? I haven’t even got any good notes ;(((
Original post by *Alisha*
Yh my memory is terrible, that I forget information within like 4 days. There's so much to learn in a levels ugh cant wait till they're over.
Original post by Serbian_2000
You do psychology too? How do you remember the evaluation points? I haven’t even got any good notes ;(((

Same!! I'm only making my evaluation notes rn for paper 1 and I think we might get a 16 marker for social influence...if you're doing AQA. I'm so scared. Usually I just summarize the points from the textbook. I've found if you understand the A01 stuff, A03 will come to you. For example, Zimbardos study was a lab study etc. So that means low external validity and so on. So learn you RM properly RM will help you with A03!
Yeah i’m AQA. I feel as though everything I’ve learn’t in psychology has been swiped and removed and as if I’ve been brought back to square one. - I haven’t done RM like since last year even though it’s like 48 marks in P2 and worth 25% 😭😭😭😭 🔫🔫🔫🔫
Original post by *Alisha*
Same!! I'm only making my evaluation notes rn for paper 1 and I think we might get a 16 marker for social influence...if you're doing AQA. I'm so scared. Usually I just summarize the points from the textbook. I've found if you understand the A01 stuff, A03 will come to you. For example, Zimbardos study was a lab study etc. So that means low external validity and so on. So learn you RM properly RM will help you with A03!
Original post by Serbian_2000
Yeah i’m AQA. I feel as though everything I’ve learn’t in psychology has been swiped and removed and as if I’ve been brought back to square one. - I haven’t done RM like since last year even though it’s like 48 marks in P2 and worth 25% 😭😭😭😭 🔫🔫🔫🔫

Yes I understand. I mean year 12 was great, I done well in my mocks but that's because wow only needed to revise for like one paper. Now we need to learn all three and nothings sticking. You should probably spend time on RMs then coz it's really important.
Original post by leahx19

Testing yourself is the best method. Say you've tested yourself on the same question 10 times, even if every time you forget the answer, eventually you'll get fed up of correcting yourself and remember the correction - getting other people to test you might be even better, depending on the subject. Or use flashcards, quizlets, etc. or just covering up the book/notes (this is probably quicker).
Also practise papers are your best friend.

Good luck with exams!

Quick Reply

Latest