The Student Room Group

TFL Apprenticeship 2019 Discussion.

Hello,

Thought I would create a thread for anyone who has applied for, or is interested in the 2019 Transport for London Apprenticeships.

I have applied for Project Management, have got to the stage of completing the video interview but haven't heard anything from TFL since.

Which stage have other people reached and in which apprenticeship?

Having read other threads from previous years, it seems TFL take their time..

Good luck all!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,

I've applied for the Transport Planning apprenticeship and I was wondering how far into the process people are. Over just done the video interview and am waiting for TFL to tell me the date of stage 3 (assessment day)
Reply 2
Hey, ive applied to the commercial property apprenticeship
Received an email letting me know I passed the video interview however that doesnt guarantee a spot at the assessment centre
Can anyone advise what sort of questions you are asked at video interview etc and is this prerecorded? Thanks
Reply 4
Hello

Once you have logged into the portal via the link, (easier to use a computer or laptop) the portal checks the camera and microphone works and then let's you practice recording.

Then you can begin your video interview, a video will play featuring a TFL staff member who will ask the question, then a timer will count down until the recording begins, you get once chance and for my questions they were 2 minutes each.

Questions might be different but expect to answer questions about TFL and the apprenticeship you have applied for. Why, how prepared, your experience, your skills, etc.

Good luck.
Original post by just_moni
Can anyone advise what sort of questions you are asked at video interview etc and is this prerecorded? Thanks
Thank you for response Lmjr😄 I’m sooo nervous. I don’t have a laptop with camera but will use my iPhone or iPad 🤷🏽*♀️. Once complete, how long till they notify you were successful? Has anyone passed this stage and gone on to next? Is the next stage Assessment Centre? Thanks in advance to any responders.
The questions are quite long winded they allowed me to redo one question there’s only 2. Yes there’s the assessment centre they got back to me after like 3 weeks.
That’s good to hear that you were able to re-do question. Did you use a computer with webcam or phone with camera? If you don’t my asking, have you done your AC and if so how did this go?
Original post by graceelle
The questions are quite long winded they allowed me to redo one question there’s only 2. Yes there’s the assessment centre they got back to me after like 3 weeks.
havent done my assessment centre yet but the video interview is two questions. yeah i had submitted my video interview then a week later they said maybe i didnt understand the question so let me do it again. if i remember the questions ill send them to u i took screenshots but cant find them rn
Original post by graceelle
I applied for General Management and got through the video interview. I have received an email with two provisional dates for the assessment centre, but have been advised that not everyone who passes the video interview gets a spot on the day. A link is going to be sent to the most successful candidates around a week before the AC, proportional to the number of roles available for that specific apprenticeship.

Good luck to all!
Well done for getting through this far👏🏽
Can you give an example question on what they ask at video interview?
Original post by kzo486
I applied for General Management and got through the video interview. I have received an email with two provisional dates for the assessment centre, but have been advised that not everyone who passes the video interview gets a spot on the day. A link is going to be sent to the most successful candidates around a week before the AC, proportional to the number of roles available for that specific apprenticeship.

Good luck to all!
My questions were: "Why do you want to work for TfL?" and "Why did you choose this apprenticeship and what makes you suited to the role?"
Hope this helps.
Original post by just_moni
Well done for getting through this far👏🏽
Can you give an example question on what they ask at video interview?
Thanks for reply 😄 it seems to be quite generic questions??
Original post by kzo486
My questions were: "Why do you want to work for TfL?" and "Why did you choose this apprenticeship and what makes you suited to the role?"
Hope this helps.
Hey,

I've applied for the Finance apprenticeship, got an email last week telling me I've passed the video interview. Assessment day is mid-May but they said not everyone is guaranteed a place on the day. So just waiting to see if they send anymore emails soon. I'm tempted to email them to ask if they have anymore information about the layout of the day...
Reply 14
Hey,

I applied for the project management apprenticeship too, completed the video interview a couple of weeks ago. Got a email yesterday confirming my invite to the assessment centre!
Original post by Lmjr
Hello,

Thought I would create a thread for anyone who has applied for, or is interested in the 2019 Transport for London Apprenticeships.

I have applied for Project Management, have got to the stage of completing the video interview but haven't heard anything from TFL since.

Which stage have other people reached and in which apprenticeship?

Having read other threads from previous years, it seems TFL take their time..

Good luck all!

(
I applied for general management and didn't get through unfortunately. Did my assessment center yesterday and they emailed me today with the outcome.
Anyone else apply for General Management here?
Original post by Johhny_321
I applied for general management and didn't get through unfortunately. Did my assessment center yesterday and they emailed me today with the outcome.

Ah sorry to hear that, well done for making it that far though! How did you find the assessment centre?
Original post by Johhny_321
Anyone else apply for General Management here?

I did. I assume you were in the morning AC?
I got an email today saying that they will make a decision by 30th April at the earliest, so I guess that means I'm not rejected yet? (I think this is because of the other AC happening on the 29th so they want to compare all of the potential candidates).
Who has an assessment centre on the 30th April for the procurement apprenticeship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending