The Student Room Group

* Plzzzzzzzzzzzz* Bristol vs Warwick vs Manchester for computer science

Hi. I am an international student , so I have limited sources to learn about the universities. I think the three universities has similar reputation and are ranked similar numbers. Is it correct?
So I decided to stop looking the rankings.
I want the university has
1. good cs department and has good quality of teaching
2. Since I am foreigner, it would be harder to get a job in UK. So I want university which is targeted by companies and has good connection and access with companies
3. I heard that it is important to make a connection with people from the industrial and participate in events , and to get internship especially for programmers. So I want to go an university which had plenty resources or has many companies or some industry related places around.
Thank you soooo much.
Reply 1
I want to develop A.I in companies. I want to work two or three years before I go graduate school to save money for tuition. I hope that the university offer good quality of teaching and provide pretty much understanding of A.I
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Fgvhvjbi
Hi. I am an international student , so I have limited sources to learn about the universities. I think the three universities has similar reputation and are ranked similar numbers. Is it correct?
So I decided to stop looking the rankings.
I want the university has
1. good cs department and has good quality of teaching
2. Since I am foreigner, it would be harder to get a job in UK. So I want university which is targeted by companies and has good connection and access with companies
3. I heard that it is important to make a connection with people from the industrial and participate in events , and to get internship especially for programmers. So I want to go an university which had plenty resources or has many companies or some industry related places around.
Thank you soooo much.

Bristol is by far the most prettiest and poshest of the 3 universities. They are all good. Manchester is a gigantic university in population terms.
Reply 3
Are “posh” and huge population good or bad?
What about Waewick?
Original post by StarLinyx
Bristol is by far the most prettiest and poshest of the 3 universities. They are all good. Manchester is a gigantic university in population terms.
Original post by Fgvhvjbi
Are “posh” and huge population good or bad?
What about Waewick?

Of the 3, here is a snapshot:-

1) Bristol - posh, beautiful buildings, good nightlife, prestigious uni.

2) Warwick - dull buildings, quiet campus, prestigious uni.

3) Manchester - ok buildings, massive student population, buzzing campus, amazing nightlife, quite prestigious uni.

I would choose them in this order personally. All of them are excellent universities, but are quite different to each other.
Reply 5
Manchester probably has the best International Profile of the three for CS.
All are good Universities without a doubt and you won't go wrong with any of them.
All 3 universities are great. These were my choices along with imperial and York but I ended up sticking with imperial as I wanted to stay in London and just commute.

Good luck my friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending