The Student Room Group

Who do you think is worst Prime Minister Britain has had ?

So while i'm coming to the end of the A-level history course (Studying the making of modern Britain 1951-2007) it makes me wonder who does everyone think was the worst Prime minister Britain has ever had .

Personally I think it was Anthony Eden mainly because of how bad the Suez Crisis went.

What do you think (PS a reason as to why you think that might help me wiht reivsion, so pls say why :biggrin: )

Scroll to see replies

Gordon Brown :wink:
Margaret Thatcher- did nothing to stop operation Bluestar in 1984
Theresa May
many say that she is great as she is the first female prime minister and everything- but she still had British empire control and didn't do anything when operation blue star occurred in Punjab- just my opinion though :smile:
Original post by Study_Girl 7

what about the Falklands war , she won that didn't she

many say that she is great as she is the first female prime minister and everything- but she still had British empire control and didn't do anything when operation blue star occurred in Punjab- just my opinion though :smile:

India left the British Empire in 1947... You want independence but then at the first sign of a struggle, you want Britain's help?
I mean its just my opinion- everyone has different opinions-there's no right or wrong answer
Tony Blair
Original post by Scrollery
Tony Blair

any particular reason why

Spoiler

Margaret Thatcher and David Cameron
I am aware of two prime ministers because I couldn't give a toss about politics but I have to say Theresa May, she literally cannot answer a single question no matter its simplicity, she avoids all confrontation and speaks empty words with every breath, the UK would be better off with a gorilla as PM.
Winston Churchill, because he carried on a war against Germany when Hitler offered peace whose result was to bankrupt the country and make it a slave to America. Baldwin and Asquith were quite bad too. Asquith for entering the first world war which Britain didn't have to, and losing 750,000 young men in the process.
(edited 5 years ago)
Blair.Obviously he is renowned for the illegal Iraq war. But many forget how badly equipped our troops were in Afghanistan. Brit soldiers had to buy boots that wouldn't melt in h heat from US troops. Patrol vehicles at first were useless against IEDs. Soldiers lost their lives not because the the enemy were good, but because Blair didn't provide them with enough ammo. Blair never met a single returning coffin.Not only that, but Blair's decision to replace NHS ward sisters, who knew a thing or two about what was going on, with multiple layers of pen pushing managers who had no idea what others in their own department were doing, let alone other departments, has led to the NHS becoming an unstable wreck of a service that swallows money like a black hole. The NHS mess caused by Blair led to stories like the one reported just yesterday of an elderly WWii veteran being moved 15 times between 5 hospitals in a month and crappy tick box healthcare that sent him home during that month when he was obviously still I'll, only to be re-admitted the same day!It was Blair who oversaw the signing of the UK into the EU proper giving rise to Farage and the eventual Brexit fiasco.He inherited the best post war UK economy and left nothing but massive debt that lead to years of austerity.He employed an unelected spin doctor to sit in cabinet meetings and help make policy decisions.The vile cretin only ever cared about his own name standing out in the history books. He deserves to be banned from public speaking at worst, locked in cell at best.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
any particular reason why
Original post by Ray_Shadows
So while i'm coming to the end of the A-level history course (Studying the making of modern Britain 1951-2007) it makes me wonder who does everyone think was the worst Prime minister Britain has ever had .

Personally I think it was Anthony Eden mainly because of how bad the Suez Crisis went.

What do you think (PS a reason as to why you think that might help me wiht reivsion, so pls say why :biggrin: )

I’m watching the historical (but slightly twisted for dramatic purposes :wink: ) drama Victoria on ITV. Last episode had Eden in it and I agree with you :yep:
Blair.Obviously he is renowned for the illegal Iraq war. But many forget how badly equipped our troops were in Afghanistan. Brit soldiers had to buy boots that wouldn't melt in h heat from US troops. Patrol vehicles at first were useless against IEDs. Soldiers lost their lives not because the the enemy were good, but because Blair didn't provide them with enough ammo. Blair never met a single returning coffin.Not only that, but Blair's decision to replace NHS ward sisters, who knew a thing or two about what was going on, with multiple layers of pen pushing managers who had no idea what others in their own department were doing, let alone other departments, has led to the NHS becoming an unstable wreck of a service that swallows money like a black hole. The NHS mess caused by Blair led to stories like the one reported just yesterday of an elderly WWii veteran being moved 15 times between 5 hospitals in a month and crappy tick box healthcare that sent him home during that month when he was obviously still I'll, only to be re-admitted the same day!It was Blair who oversaw the signing of the UK into the EU proper giving rise to Farage and the eventual Brexit fiasco.He inherited the best post war UK economy and left nothing but massive debt that lead to years of austerity.He employed an unelected spin doctor to sit in cabinet meetings and help make policy decisions.The vile cretin only ever cared about his own name standing out in the history books. He deserves to be banned from public speaking at worst, locked in cell at best.

oh wow , funny how schools specification never tells you about this
We still have Sisters in the NHS???
Nick Clegg.
Theresa May is trash
The best and the worst depending on you're View point has to be Margaret Thatcher.

However the all round worse PM of living memories has to be Theresa May, she's just all round bad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending