The Student Room Group
Reply 1
NO! For goodness sake! Don't make your revision exam-oriented at this point! Nobody can give you an accurate prediction. Just learn the play in depth so you are prepared for anything and everything. Remember this Latin phrase for exams, it will guide you a lot: 'in omina paratus'.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you are going to start going by predictions this early on, you are in the wrong boat. As mentioned above, you need to know all of the script to actually be able to answer the question because no matter what question comes up, you need to be able to write in depth about it and include passages from all over the play. Learn all the poetry by making sure you understand the themes and learn a few quotes from each poem. Have 2 or 3 poems where you know them in a lot of detail because it generally helps if you have a solid understanding of a few.
Original post by username4246716
Any predictions for An Inspector Calls for paper 2 english Lit in 2019? Also any predictions for the love and relationship poetry?

For character question, it's either gonna be on Inspector, Mr Birling or Mrs Birling.
And for poems, the poems La belle dame sans merci, neutral tones, and valentine are not coming up. I can tell more if you could tell me what questions came up in 2018 GCSE exams. I am certain of what I've said so please consider it. The thing is that I don't know what came up in 2018 papers otherwise I would have given even better answer. If you know what came up in 2018 Gcse paper, please tell me because I need it too. You might wanna ask your friends who did 2018 paper?
In an inspector call one of the options were how Eric shows social classMacbeth - supernatural between Macbeth and Banquo Poetry - Ozymandias power A Christmas carol- Scrooge’s fear
they did mr birling in the previous year 11 mocks
For power and conflict poetry is either gonna be Cheking out me story or poppies
Original post by joel malungu
For power and conflict poetry is either gonna be Cheking out me story or poppies

the March mock was Poppies so surely they won’t redo it? (unless we got different poems idk aha)
for this year i hope its going to be a question about gender or older and younger generation for inspector calls, for me those are the easiest, for poetry i hope i can get when we two parted so i can compare it to neutral tones, that is my hope for this year. currently praying to AQA to give more good questions like they already have with my literature paper 1.
inspector calls - theme class and responsibility - character Eva smith poetry love and relationship----- when we two parted
inspector calls - theme class and responsibility - character Eva smith poetry love and relationship----- when we two parted
Original post by username4246716
Any predictions for An Inspector Calls for paper 2 english Lit in 2019? Also any predictions for the love and relationship poetry?
Hi what question did you end up getting because i have my mocks next week and since my teacher has been absent for nearly the whole of this year, we didn't do any revision, thanks
What was the 2019 English Lit paper 2 on?
what was your inspect calls question this year?
Original post by jcnoonoo23
what was your inspect calls question this year?

uh- im sitting mine this year too. but i doubt they'd give us any hint of whats about to come up for 202 GCSE.
Reply 16
did you do edexcel/aqa
I am sitting the Edexcel Lit paper 1 (Macbeth Q a +b and the Inspector Calls essay) for our January mocks and I was wondering if any of you remember the topics for the Inspector Calls essay. It is so that I can focus my revision on mainly that area of the book as I still have other subjects to revise for (I do triple, geography, history and music). I have done some looking around and apparently the Macbeth part, Qa is about the Porter and Qb is about the characters being evil or something. It doesn't have to be detailed, I just need a guideline for what I should focus on.
What was the inspector calls question? And does anyone know which poem was given? Thank youuuu
hey guys, to all the current year 12s, what was the inspector calls question you guys did for the 2019 GCSE literature paper 2?
Thanks

Latest