The Student Room Group

best paid careers through doing medicine/biomedical sciences?

cant find anything other than from the US which isnt relevant. could you also let me know what the salaries are out of curiosity- thanks
any occupation/ jobs from studying those subjects at university. thanks
thank you so much x
What motivated/ inspired you to become a medical consultant/ doctor?
Oh wow, what speciality if you dont mind me asking?
I'd say it's still probably helpful given that there are no more recent papers on the topic. It's the only source I can find online comparing private practice incomes for the various specialties in the UK. And given there are significant differences between specialties, I'd say it's useful information.

Is it not fairly reasonable to assume that the high earning specialties in 2003 are probably still the high earning specialties now?
OooOo That sounds very exciting and interesting, all the best! xxx
Reply 7
Why would you study medicine purely for financial reasons?. There are other jobs which are equal to if not more than a doctor`s salary. You should be studying medicine to help people and improve a persons quality of life not improve the quality of your bank balance. However doctors do get paid a lot and rightfully so. In fact i`m of the opinion that doctors should get paid more than actors and sports personalities. All medical staff of different fields of medicine and allied health professions work tirelessly to save lives. However yes salary is a concern bearing in mind NHS workers are underpaid over worked. You should check out the pay scale of NHS on their website. Private like anything you will make more because you do private stuff out of normal working hours unless private is your full time job. I`m not having a go at you because everyone is concerned about their wages, given the fact that we`re living under this terrible government. But that isn`t much of a concern to medical professionals compared to the long working hours and working conditions that they are contracted to do.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending