The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Computer Science J276 - Computer Systems (Paper 1) - 13th May 2019

This thread covers the following paper:
Mon 13 May @ 9:00am [1hr 30mins]
OCR GCSE Computer Science - Computer Systems [J276/1]

The official specification for this paper is https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/225975-specification-accredited-gcse-computer-science-j276.pdf

Sample practice papers are located at https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse/computer-science-j276-from-2016/assessment/

Scroll to see replies

I'm failing Computer Science.......... What was I thinking when I chose this subject??
Original post by A.ahmzz2k03
I'm failing Computer Science.......... What was I thinking when I chose this subject??

what grade did u get?
Can’t wait, first exam :biggrin:
Original post by Paolo3100
what grade did u get?

A grade 2 in my march mocks
:frown:
Reply 5
The cgp books are really useful
Reply 6
COUNTDOWN: Exam in 12 days
are we supposed to know the 8 principles of the data protection act?
as in off by heart because I don't have the time to go and learn it
yeah and seneca is really helpful
Original post by BlueAgent214
The cgp books are really useful
anyone have any predictions of topics to come up?
My teacher said that because unit 1 - the hardware exam - has so little content in it, then he thinks that more or less all of the content will come up
networks always come up
Original post by Laurence863
anyone have any predictions of topics to come up?
Original post by username4182454

That's exactly what I thought when I took it in year 10 - I couldn't care less, even when I got a 3- in mocks. But towards the end of year 11, I got my head twisted right I began to think about what would happen if I actually failed, so I worked as hard as I could and I managed to get a 7 at GCSE - if you think you're failing then don't beat yourself up about it because if you knuckle down then anything's achievable! (I also had a shite teacher who taught us precisely 5% of the spec so considering I taught myself a subject I didn't understand in the first place I was shocked when I opened the results slip on results day) Good luck!
****ing hell I am so not ready Idk what to do I learn the content but forget by the next morning :frown:
For anyone needing help with Computer Science - I'm happy to help out, on forum or DMs
I need practice questions/papers
computersciencetutor or craigndave is what im doing to revise for any bits i dont understand. both channels are very very good imo just a bit dull
Original post by inara_30
are we supposed to know the 8 principles of the data protection act?
as in off by heart because I don't have the time to go and learn it

the question is frequently asked so maybe
thanks gee so helpful

Original post by sahilrajesh12
the question is frequently asked so maybe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending