The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

2018-2019 Applicants - Halls of Residence chat!

Hi all :h:

Starting this new thread so you can find and talk to people in the same halls as you, before moving in! :clap2:

As a suggestion you could start your post with:

Course applied for:
Halls applied for:
Halls secured:

This helped me when I was a student a few years ago - I met all of my flat mates via here before moving in to Margaret Rule Hall.

This is also a good opportunity for you to discuss what items you think you might need to bring with you or if you want to share any items with your new flatmates!

Remember to be safe, have fun, meet lots of people and tag @University of Portsmouth if you need anything.

Alex - UoP Rep :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Course: Dental Hygiene
Halls Secured: Greetham Street

Anyone else in Greetham?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Course: Criminology and Forensics
Halls secured: Trafalgar
Reply 3
Course: Interior Architecture and Design
Halls secured: Chaucer House
Anyone else going Chaucer
I'm going chaucer house and my course is architecture
Original post by CookxoM
Course: Interior Architecture and Design
Halls secured: Chaucer House
Anyone else going Chaucer
Reply 5
Course : drama and performance Halls secured : James watson
Reply 6
Course: History
Halls Secured: James Watson
Reply 7
Oooo ill deffo be seeing u then because I think architecture and interior design are put together for first year
Have u been inside Chaucer House
Original post by denellbeyx
I'm going chaucer house and my course is architecture
ooo that's great then ! And no i haven't but i'll be hopefully visiting for the applicant day thing on the 27th.
Original post by CookxoM
Oooo ill deffo be seeing u then because I think architecture and interior design are put together for first year
Have u been inside Chaucer House
Reply 9
yess me too I'm doing that, I hope I approve:s-smilie: apparently they aren't that big

ooo that's great then ! And no i haven't but i'll be hopefully visiting for the applicant day thing on the 27th.
yh i've heard, they are similar to Greetham house, so check it out on the portsmouth website and look for the virtual tour thing.
Original post by CookxoM
yess me too I'm doing that, I hope I approve:s-smilie: apparently they aren't that big
Reply 11
I will do, thanks let me know how it goes on 27th !!
yh i've heard, they are similar to Greetham house, so check it out on the portsmouth website and look for the virtual tour thing.
will do!
Original post by CookxoM
I will do, thanks let me know how it goes on 27th !!
Reply 13
Course applied for: Human geography
Halls secured: Greetham street

Catherine house was my number 1, Greetham looks very similar tho so not too fussed. I've read a few negative things about greetham on here so hopefully its not too bad
Original post by JH_
Course applied for: Human geographyHalls secured: Greetham streetCatherine house was my number 1, Greetham looks very similar tho so not too fussed. I've read a few negative things about greetham on here so hopefully its not too bad

I’ve secured Greetham too, what bad have you heard about it?
Reply 15
Mostly stuff about the management being a bit rubbish, they never respond to noise complaints and stuff like that. That doesnt really concern me tho, its uni so people are going to be loud :smile: Also that Catherine house just generally has a better atmosphere, im not sure about that though. I'm sure Greetham will be good
Original post by JordyJRT
I’ve secured Greetham too, what bad have you heard about it?
Hi! I’will be studying International Development and I’ve secured Greetham Halls. It was my second choice so I am happy about that. A bit worried about the possibility of not getting along with my flat mates,(I may be a little paranoid) but I guess we’ll see😬!
Reply 17
Course: Dental Hygiene
Halls Secured: Greetham Street
Course applied for: Computer Animation and VFX
Halls secured: Bateson Hall

Anyone else going to be in Bateson hall? :smile:
Reply 19
Course applied for: Architecture
Halls secured: Bateson hall

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest