The Student Room Group

My A level journey and athlete lifestyle blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MydaMina
Good luck with the Chemistry..! I do A Level Chem myself, quite a challenge but it's fun to learn tbh.. :u:

I'm also studying chemistry I find it hella hard like I might even end up getting an E 😭
Aww, don't worry!:console: Yeah, it is challenging, I'm with you on that. It just requires lots of practice and attention in my opinion...
Original post by SavageRyan
I'm also studying chemistry I find it hella hard like I might even end up getting an E 😭
Aww, don't worry!:console: Yeah, it is challenging, I'm with you on that. It just requires lots of practice and attention in my opinion...

Yeah I need to put more work i put too much time in Accounting and Maths and I'm not good at the practical elements of it are you?
Yes, same with me. I put most of my time into Law, but I've switched up during Easter. What do you mean by practical elements? If it's group 2/group 7, then yes I'm alright with them, I just don't like Electrochemistry and we haven't started it yet. :closedeyes:
Yeah I need to put more work i put too much time in Accounting and Maths and I'm not good at the practical elements of it are you?
Yes, same with me. I put most of my time into Law, but I've switched up during Easter. What do you mean by practical elements? If it's group 2/group 7, then yes I'm alright with them, I just don't like Electrochemistry and we haven't started it yet. :closedeyes:

The practical skills in A level Chemistry
Electrochemistry is grim I think 😣
Ohh, practical chemistry. I'm okay with it, it's just the long dreading methods I hate and applying that knowledge to questions, as I mess up all the time... Yup, Electrochemistry will be the death of me. :angry:
The practical skills in A level Chemistry
Electrochemistry is grim I think 😣
Ohh, practical chemistry. I'm okay with it, it's just the long dreading methods I hate and applying that knowledge to questions, as I mess up all the time... Yup, Electrochemistry will be the death of me. :angry:

Same I find the practical skills questions so difficult if anything the practical will bring my grade down its a good job I don't wanna do chemistry at uni 😂
Haha, yep, same here, not looking at doing chemistry at uni, can't even imagine what'll be like!😂😂
Same I find the practical skills questions so difficult if anything the practical will bring my grade down its a good job I don't wanna do chemistry at uni 😂
Haha, yep, same here, not looking at doing chemistry at uni, can't even imagine what'll be like!😂😂

Have you got a predicted grade for chemistry? Mixedraceguy wants to do it at uni 😂😂
Alongside chemistry, I'm doing Economics and Law. Yeah, I liked the intermolecular forces, and ionisation energy and electron configuration too. I'd say my best topic from Section 2 is Chemical reactions of halogens, as it's easy to remember and pretty much understand! :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah chemical reactions with halogens is decent displacement reactions are pretty cool
Are a lot of your lessons practicals? What's ppl?
Original post by Kraggor
Good luck to the labs, hope it all goes well :h:
I always did good in chemistry but found it too hard in the end :P

Glad you liked the idea of the food journal and great to see you are in cooperating nutrition too (I'm gonna focus on that down the line :smile: )

Try clicking on the below button and make sure you downsize the image in like paint I usually make by like 600 Pixels across if horizontal and 600 pixels up and down for vertical pics :smile:
Screenshot_1.png

Thanks I'm really look forward to the lab work as I've not done any lab work since year 10! 😱 did you do A Level Chemistry? Yeah it's an awesome idea and yep I try to reach my macro targets each day I personally feel like it helps me to reach my body goals but @It's****ingWOODY doesn't agree and I think he has a better knowledge of nutrition than me but I guess it depends what you want to do personally Good luck with that are you just counting calories atm?
(edited 5 years ago)
IMG_20190412_143306.jpg
Shreddies with semi skinned milk

IMG_20190413_013105.jpgIMG_20190413_021556.jpgIMG_20190412_143316.jpg

Burgers and eggs and some protein porridge

IMG_20190412_143357.jpg

Protein boost chocolate 20G protein.

Here we go @Kraggor
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Thanks I'm really look forward to the lab work as I've not done any lab work since year 10! 😱 did you do A Level Chemistry? Yeah it's an awesome idea and yep I try to reach my macro targets each day I personally feel like it helps me to reach my body goals but @It's****ingWOODY doesn't agree and I think he has a better knowledge of nutrition than me but I guess it depends what you want to do personally Good luck with that are you just counting calories atm?

Yeah I did 1 year of A level chemistry with an actual ukranian doctor who did some stuff around the chernobyl stuff. But, I just did well in class but sucked at the exam so I dropped it the year after. I feel like you should do it whatever way you want. If macro targets help you then use them. For me I am not really making any targets, as I am not doing a strict diet. I am putting in normal effort to just slightly change my lifestyle more and more as I go along.
Yes atm just counting calories, working out (will do more and more and defo start again as this week been ill and not feeling so good) then finally build on nutrition :smile:
IMG_20190412_143306.jpg
Shreddies with semi skinned milk

IMG_20190413_013105.jpgIMG_20190413_021556.jpgIMG_20190412_143316.jpg

Burgers and eggs and some protein porridge

IMG_20190412_143357.jpg

Protein boost chocolate 20G protein.

Here we go @Kraggor

Ayyy glad to see you got the pics working :P
Yes, displacement reactions are quite easy as well. No, not all of my lessons are practicals. We mainly get given school booklets for each topic we do and exam questions. A PPL is a degree in Politics, Philosophy and Law, although I hate philosophy.
Yeah chemical reactions with halogens is decent displacement reactions are pretty cool
Are a lot of your lessons practicals? What's ppl?
Original post by Kraggor
Yeah I did 1 year of A level chemistry with an actual ukranian doctor who did some stuff around the chernobyl stuff. But, I just did well in class but sucked at the exam so I dropped it the year after. I feel like you should do it whatever way you want. If macro targets help you then use them. For me I am not really making any targets, as I am not doing a strict diet. I am putting in normal effort to just slightly change my lifestyle more and more as I go along.
Yes atm just counting calories, working out (will do more and more and defo start again as this week been ill and not feeling so good) then finally build on nutrition :smile:

Ayyy glad to see you got the pics working :P

Wow nuclear chemistry then? Why do you think you didn't do well in the exam? Yeah and it's what a lot of bodybuilders and social media fitness personalities do I would like to invest in some creatine and whey protein
Yeah taje it step by step at your own pace you'll smash it bro! 😉 What do you think to the food does it look apertizing? And I ate a lot yesterday right?
Yes, displacement reactions are quite easy as well. No, not all of my lessons are practicals. We mainly get given school booklets for each topic we do and exam questions. A PPL is a degree in Politics, Philosophy and Law, although I hate philosophy.

How often do you do practicals? I gather there's 12 practical skills in the Aqa A level chemistry course I haven't done any practicals as I'm self teaching and haven't done any practical lessons at my local exam centre but I will be taking practical lessons in year 13 and I will of course do the practical assignment I'm hoping to smash as I need to get at least a D in the practical to get into uni to do Chem so a C would be great! Ohhh I see so what is your dream job?
I know you're mixed race but what are your parents nationalities? And how tall are u and how much u weight atm? And are u 18??
How often do you do practicals? I gather there's 12 practical skills in the Aqa A level chemistry course I haven't done any practicals as I'm self teaching and haven't done any practical lessons at my local exam centre but I will be taking practical lessons in year 13 and I will of course do the practical assignment I'm hoping to smash as I need to get at least a D in the practical to get into uni to do Chem so a C would be great! Ohhh I see so what is your dream job?
Original post by TheYearNiner
I know you're mixed race but what are your parents nationalities? And how tall are u and how much u weight atm? And are u 18??

My mum is English and my dad is half carribean and half African (Liberian) I'm 17 I'm in year 12
Okay Jake cheers
My mum is English and my dad is half carribean and half African (Liberian) I'm 17 I'm in year 12
Wow nuclear chemistry then? Why do you think you didn't do well in the exam? Yeah and it's what a lot of bodybuilders and social media fitness personalities do I would like to invest in some creatine and whey protein
Yeah taje it step by step at your own pace you'll smash it bro! 😉 What do you think to the food does it look apertizing? And I ate a lot yesterday right?

I dunno but she knew ALOT! I always just couldn't remember everything once I had gone into the exam and this was the same for all subjects.I always never hit my target A levels and beyond because of this :frown:
Oo awesome, I've seen some documentaries of some bodybuilders plus some youtubers, not something that I would like to get into but can again learn about it and see what's coming from that side :h: Good luck with your whole process :smile:

Yes exactly! I don't have a deadline its just gonna continue throughout the rest of my life so any progress is fine :smile: Not sure I quite understand what you mean? You mean, how is food appetising or what can you do to it to make it look appetising? You ate what you wanted to eat which is all that matters :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending