The Student Room Group

The Great Easter Bake Off

It's nearly Easter and that means a few things.. Eating too much chocolate, eagerly escaping on holiday and likely procrastinating :grin:

So here's your chance to do the first and latter :wink:

Between now and Friday the 26th of April 2019 all you need to do is take a picture of your fabulous baking creations and post it in this thread. Each entrance is in for a chance of winning a £10 Amazon Voucher :eek3:

Prizes:

First place will win a £10 Amazon Voucher and 1000 reputation points

There will be several runner up prizes each receiving reputation points

Rules:

All entries must be posted in this thread before the 26th of April

Winners will be decided by myself and TSR Team

All entries must be photos of your baking and not stolen from google images

You can enter as many times as you like but will only be eligible for one prize.

:judge:

:happy2:Happy Baking!:happy2:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Help me... My image is being made tiny?

In order to retain the quality and size of your photos for your fabulous bakes I recommend you upload to an external site such as imgur. This will keep the lovely photos of your epic bakes for us ass to drool over :yum:

On this page click on browse:

Spoiler

Browse through the folders on your computer for the file.

Spoiler

It will then upload and you may see a bit of text saying processing.
Once this is done hover your mouse over the image and look for a small down arrow in the top right.

Spoiler

From this menu click on Get Share links and copy the one underneath BBCode (Forums)

Spoiler

Paste the text in a reply here and click post!

You're all set :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
ooh that's nice- I might get my baking hat on and have a go.Good idea "The great easter bake off" I like it :smile:
Oooh, I remember this competition from previous years. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's delicious bakes! :cake: :daydreaming:
:woo: might give it a go
Original post by 8472

It's nearly Easter and that means a few things.. Eating too much chocolate, eagerly escaping on holiday and likely procrastinating :grin:

Between now and Sunday the 26th of April 2019 all you need to do is take a picture of your fabulous baking creations and post it in this thread. Each entrance is in for a chance of winning a £10 Amazon Voucher :eek3:

Prizes:

Rules:

You can enter as many times as you like but will only be eligible for one prize.

This makes me so sad I can't bake until summer :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Oooh, I remember this competition from previous years. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's delicious bakes! :cake: :daydreaming:

:biggrin:
Glad someone remembers it from way back :woo:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:woo: might give it a go

Yaaaaas Groot :colone:
As luck would have it I made some butterfly cakes today and I may have made a brexit fight. Enjoy: A631CD97-F818-4708-9C4F-293C9FDAC17C.jpg.jpeg7064AE81-B2D8-4353-8755-5EB3D6B543A4.jpg.jpegD96F9CFD-C27C-4F10-866C-319BA8A947B0.jpg.jpegC47AA03A-A6FE-427B-9FA2-748B855951A8.jpg.jpegD394EEAC-2A5E-47FB-A4D9-76BE91A3E949.jpg.jpegB2C014CC-B241-491A-86A7-B5F1D342D2EA.jpg.jpeg
oh wow those pictures just layed out great. ope you enjoyed my brexit fight, will hopefully be making something good next weekend
Original post by 8472

Between now and Sunday the 26th of April 2019 all you need to do is take a picture of your fabulous baking creations and post it in this thread. Each entrance is in for a chance of winning a £10 Amazon Voucher :eek3:

Prizes:

Rules:

I made more but didn't take a picture of them :mmm:
@04MR17 can confirm they were yum yum in my tum tum :giggle: :yum:
Anyway hope this made you laugh
Looks amazing! I might make some next week now
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

I made more but didn't take a picture of them :mmm:
@04MR17 can confirm they were yum yum in my tum tum :giggle: :yum:
Original post by Valeriex
Looks amazing! I might make some next week now

easy + super scrummy
would recommend :yep:
Reply 14
Original post by Valeriex
Anyway hope this made you laugh

I may have chuckled and shared your creations! :lol:
Glad you did hahaha
Original post by 8472
I may have chuckled and shared your creations! :lol:
made some pasteis de nata (including pastry from scratch) but the lighting was bad. considering if I should make another batch and upload when the weathe ris nice, or just upload the pics I have.

PS, you can make puff pastry with half the butter in most textbooks and they will still puff up nice (I experimented and it works!). Curious to know if it is possible to use 1/3 the butter or even 1/4 the butter.
Ooh, need to remember to post my creations here!
Was planning on baking a pineapple upside down cake for a surprise picnic for a friend in May... but maybe it'll have to be sooner in this case :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by velvethopes
Was planning on baking a pineapple upside down cake for a surprise picnic for a friend in May... but maybe it'll have to be sooner in this case :biggrin:

:gah:
Pineapple upside down cakes were my staple bake when I did my GCSEs :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest