The Student Room Group

CyberStart Essentials (Cyber Discovery UK Round 3)

This is the CyberStart Essentials (Cyber Discovery UK Round 3) Thread :smile:
Niceee! Done a few modules already. What kind of marks are y’all getting on the exams?
Reply 2
Hey, Worked on the first two modules today, got >85% on each which I feel is good, slightly annoying we can't see where we went wrong, and I would have liked to get 100%, but I guess that's wishful thinking

I feel like the later modules are going to help tons with the late stages of Game though, so I kinda want to push through before it closes!
Reply 3
When does esssentials/close?
Reply 4
I meant, when does essential end/close? And when does game end/ close?
Ive done module one and got 88%, what about you guys?
I got into essentials. just finnished networking 1 and on networking 2
Reply 7
I only just finished Data 1 with 96% but the first Computer Hardware I got 68%
I tried to do the 1 module a day thing, but that fell through pretty quickly with GCSE's approaching xD
Only got 36% on cyberstart game though because I forgot about it lmao
(edited 5 years ago)
what are the requirements for the elite stage??
Reply 10
My worst so far is 50% (damn you, Linux 2!) but my best was 96% on Data .On average I'm getting 87%.Up to Linux 3 now - but, to be fair, I kinda maybe skipped Networking 4, 5 and 6.

Oh, and I'm on 41% on Game... hit a massive roadblock!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by heellllllooooooo
what are the requirements for the elite stage??

I emaiuled support asking them....

they said this
Hello.

Selections for CyberStart Elite will be made based on a number of factors, including a combination of performance on CyberStart Game and CyberStart Essentials. We're not able to provide more detailed information on the selection criteria at this time.
The Cyber Discovery Team

this was 4 weeks ago
so frustrating
last year someone got in with 50% game and 100% essentials, i reckon its gonna be around 70% and 80% this year
Original post by 14yalamanchilig
I emaiuled support asking them....

they said this
Hello.

Selections for CyberStart Elite will be made based on a number of factors, including a combination of performance on CyberStart Game and CyberStart Essentials. We're not able to provide more detailed information on the selection criteria at this time.
The Cyber Discovery Team

this was 4 weeks ago
so frustrating
Original post by vijval999
last year someone got in with 50% game and 100% essentials, i reckon its gonna be around 70% and 80% this year

i think the boundaries will be higher just cause there are more doing the challenge
has anyone been stupid like me and attempted the final exam before starting the modules? XD

Spoiler

has anyone been stupid like me and attempted the final exam before starting the modules? XD

Spoiler

Did you get a qualification/certificate for getting 60%, if not whats the min requirement?
80% is the minimum, I am not bothered cause I had my go at cyber elite last year and I don't want to take others opportunity. Plus I am CEH qualified so... don't need another certificate
80% is the minimum, I am not bothered cause I had my go at cyber elite last year and I don't want to take others opportunity. Plus I am CEH qualified so... don't need another certificate

Thanks, is the final test very difficult? I've been getting 60/70% on average in the modules and I don't know if I will be able to get 80 at a min in the final.

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jjinthehouse
Thanks, is the final test very difficult? I've been getting 60/70% on average in the modules and I don't know if I will be able to get 80 at a min in the final.

dude its easy, i haven't even glimsed at the modules before doing the test

CEH is overrated. Both myself and my friend got 100% on it without studying at all with a "just to try it out" attitude. It's a complete waste of time and only there to bypass HR in the hiring process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending