The Student Room Group

Deloitte Brightstart Apprenticeship 2019

Hi everyone, haven't seen a thread on here regarding this years Deloitte Brightstart Apprenticeship for 2019. Would be great to here who else has applied and to which section of Deloitte.

I applied for the London Office and have my final interview assessment in two weeks, did anyone else apply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I applied to the London office as well, for tax consulting. Just completed the online assessment so a bit behind in the process than you, how was the job simulation? And what are the waiting times like? How long did you have to wait after the online assessment for the job simulation?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by OAOAO
Hey, I applied to the London office as well, for tax consulting. Just completed the online assessment so a bit behind in the process than you, how was the job simulation? And what are the waiting times like? How long did you have to wait after the online assessment for the job simulation?

Thanks

Hi, I completed the job simulation about 4 months ago and only just heard back a couple of days ago aha. The job simulation was tricky as its one of those video response question interviews but as long as you keep an eye on the time it shouldn't be too bad, although it was a while ago so my memory of it isn't great. After the online assessment, they sent the link for the job simulation pretty soon after, max of a day or two if I remember correctly
Reply 3
Hi, I applied this year for Technology Consulting in the London office and have received an offer so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by benm71
Hi, I applied this year for Technology Consulting in the London office and have received an offer so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi mate, well done on receiving an offer! When you went to London for your final interview stage, how was it and when did they tell you the topic of your presentation? Also is there a minimum grade boundary you have to meet after getting the offer?
Reply 5
Thanks I am still so happy as it's the one I really wanted! I got the email for my assessment centre on the 11th of March and received details about the topic the day after, my assessment centre was on the 15th, this doesn't sound like a lot of time to prepare but it should only take you a couple of hours to produce a good presentation. It states that the minimum grades required are 104 UCAS points, I have heard rumours from a couple of people saying that even if you don't achieve these they will still accept you but I wouldn't read too much into this.

Edit: Forgot to say that I really enjoyed my assessment centre there compared to others I have attended, what I found really beneficial is that your final interview is usually with a senior manager within your service line so they can answer any questions you may have about the role. Also I found my interviewer amazing and the interview flowed more as a conversation rather than a strict interview.
Original post by 2108
Hi mate, well done on receiving an offer! When you went to London for your final interview stage, how was it and when did they tell you the topic of your presentation? Also is there a minimum grade boundary you have to meet after getting the offer?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
That's great! Was your assessment centre and final interview separate or was it all on the same day? I haven't had any info except that my "Final stage assessment" is in a couple of weeks but I haven't had any details regarding specific times as it just says it could be between 13:30-17:30 in the London Deloitte office.
104 UCAS points sounds about right as that's similar to other similar apprenticeships.
I'm hoping I hear back more details soon as I'll have to book travel to london etc and I can get started on the presentation. I've heard the topic will be about your service line, then its a Q&A after so I'm guessing yours was on Tech Consulting then?

Original post by benm71
Thanks I am still so happy as it's the one I really wanted! I got the email for my assessment centre on the 11th of March and received details about the topic the day after, my assessment centre was on the 15th, this doesn't sound like a lot of time to prepare but it should only take you a couple of hours to produce a good presentation. It states that the minimum grades required are 104 UCAS points, I have heard rumours from a couple of people saying that even if you don't achieve these they will still accept you but I wouldn't read too much into this.

Edit: Forgot to say that I really enjoyed my assessment centre there compared to others I have attended, what I found really beneficial is that your final interview is usually with a senior manager within your service line so they can answer any questions you may have about the role. Also I found my interviewer amazing and the interview flowed more as a conversation rather than a strict interview.
Reply 7
Yh I had the interview on the same day as the assessments however the whole day should take around 4-5 hours so for you it looks like it will be all the way from 13:30 to 17:30. I wouldn't worry about time as they should give you plenty of notice but if you are hesitant I found them very helpful over email and phone. I think you are correct as well in that the topic will be about your service line as mine was directly linked with Tech Consulting, my advice for this would just be to have a large knowledge of the topic so that you don't run out of things to talk about but ultimately the presentation is only 5-10 minutes so just try to present clearly. Finally just a reminder if you are travelling into London they will reimburse your travel costs up to £100. (You probably already know this but don't want people wasting money)
Original post by 2108
That's great! Was your assessment centre and final interview separate or was it all on the same day? I haven't had any info except that my "Final stage assessment" is in a couple of weeks but I haven't had any details regarding specific times as it just says it could be between 13:30-17:30 in the London Deloitte office.
104 UCAS points sounds about right as that's similar to other similar apprenticeships.
I'm hoping I hear back more details soon as I'll have to book travel to london etc and I can get started on the presentation. I've heard the topic will be about your service line, then its a Q&A after so I'm guessing yours was on Tech Consulting then?
Reply 8
Oh wow damn, I guess that answers my question about how quickly they get back to you 😂. Still haven’t gotten a response after my online assessment but I’m assuming I’ll get an email within the next week. What sector did you apply for? How are you preparing for the interview?
Original post by 2108
Hi, I completed the job simulation about 4 months ago and only just heard back a couple of days ago aha. The job simulation was tricky as its one of those video response question interviews but as long as you keep an eye on the time it shouldn't be too bad, although it was a while ago so my memory of it isn't great. After the online assessment, they sent the link for the job simulation pretty soon after, max of a day or two if I remember correctly
Reply 9
Ah sounds good, how many people were on your day? I've been to assessment centres with between 40-50 people, but if everyone has a one-on-one presentation and interview with a manager there can't be that many people there, or is the presentation to the rest of the candidates in the assessment centre also?

Original post by benm71
Yh I had the interview on the same day as the assessments however the whole day should take around 4-5 hours so for you it looks like it will be all the way from 13:30 to 17:30. I wouldn't worry about time as they should give you plenty of notice but if you are hesitant I found them very helpful over email and phone. I think you are correct as well in that the topic will be about your service line as mine was directly linked with Tech Consulting, my advice for this would just be to have a large knowledge of the topic so that you don't run out of things to talk about but ultimately the presentation is only 5-10 minutes so just try to present clearly. Finally just a reminder if you are travelling into London they will reimburse your travel costs up to £100. (You probably already know this but don't want people wasting money)
Reply 10
Yeh you should mate, I applied to Strategy & Operations. Once I get further details on what the interview entails I'll start to prepare but as of yet, I have heard nothing back after accepting my interview date.

Original post by OAOAO
Oh wow damn, I guess that answers my question about how quickly they get back to you 😂. Still haven’t gotten a response after my online assessment but I’m assuming I’ll get an email within the next week. What sector did you apply for? How are you preparing for the interview?
Reply 11
At mine there was only 8 people however I guess this varies based on service line, and don't worry the presentation is only with your interviewer haha.
Original post by 2108
Ah sounds good, how many people were on your day? I've been to assessment centres with between 40-50 people, but if everyone has a one-on-one presentation and interview with a manager there can't be that many people there, or is the presentation to the rest of the candidates in the assessment centre also?
Reply 12
8 people?! Wow I didn't realise there would be that few left at this stage! Obviously you got an offer but do you know if any of the other 7 got one as well or was it only for one place? Also when did you hear you'd got your offer, I'm assuming it was a few days later via a call or email? And that's good I would much prefer that option ahaha

Original post by benm71
At mine there was only 8 people however I guess this varies based on service line, and don't worry the presentation is only with your interviewer haha.
Reply 13
Yep only 8, so I still think it is quite an achievement to reach this stage. I don't know who else got offers unfortunately as I didn't keep in contact with anyone there. On the day they said it would take up to 2 weeks for them to make a decision but I received a phone call a few hours later the same day! I'm sure this will not always be the case so if you don't hear back straight away don't panic.
Original post by 2108
8 people?! Wow I didn't realise there would be that few left at this stage! Obviously you got an offer but do you know if any of the other 7 got one as well or was it only for one place? Also when did you hear you'd got your offer, I'm assuming it was a few days later via a call or email? And that's good I would much prefer that option ahaha
Reply 14
Blimey that's good to hear. Thank you for all your help in this matter as I would really love to get an offer! Just like you said, this is the one I was really hoping to get. Do you have any further general tips or advice for the day? Did they ask any obscure questions or was it more the general interview questions eg. why do you want to work for deloitte etc etc

Original post by benm71
Yep only 8, so I still think it is quite an achievement to reach this stage. I don't know who else got offers unfortunately as I didn't keep in contact with anyone there. On the day they said it would take up to 2 weeks for them to make a decision but I received a phone call a few hours later the same day! I'm sure this will not always be the case so if you don't hear back straight away don't panic.
Reply 15
My main advice would be to stand out in the group exercise, but when doing this make sure you do not overpower the group and become bossy (there will always be one person at your centre that does this). In order to stand out try to come up with alternative thoughtful solutions different to your peers and I would also advice showing your management skills by taking on roles such as timekeeping. As for the interview itself you will get your generic questions such as: Name a problem and how you have overcome it or as you stated Why did you choose Deloitte, but they shouldn't ask you anything too complex but I would still try to be prepared by doing some research just in case. Also when answering experience based questions try and structure your answer using the STAR method it improves the clarity of your answer.
Original post by 2108
Blimey that's good to hear. Thank you for all your help in this matter as I would really love to get an offer! Just like you said, this is the one I was really hoping to get. Do you have any further general tips or advice for the day? Did they ask any obscure questions or was it more the general interview questions eg. why do you want to work for deloitte etc etc
Reply 16
Just got the email to select to select the service line for the job simulation, so I intend to complete it by the end of the day; any last second tips for it? Would be much appreciated!
Reply 17
Great! Timing was the key issue with me, make sure you finish within the time limit as you dont want to be cut off midway through a sentence. There are some written responses too, and make sure you dont spend too much time planning as you need sufficient time to write enough for them to consider your answer as a comprehensive one that answers the question. :smile:

Original post by OAOAO
Just got the email to select to select the service line for the job simulation, so I intend to complete it by the end of the day; any last second tips for it? Would be much appreciated!
Reply 18
Thanks for your advice! Just finished a little while ago, I feel like I messed up one of the video responses but ah well one out of that many isn't too bad I think :/. I guess now I just play the waiting game aha, what date is your interview?
Original post by 2108
Great! Timing was the key issue with me, make sure you finish within the time limit as you dont want to be cut off midway through a sentence. There are some written responses too, and make sure you dont spend too much time planning as you need sufficient time to write enough for them to consider your answer as a comprehensive one that answers the question. :smile:
Reply 19
That's really great advice thank you mate! I've just got my presentation topic through today and it's quite a broad question, so there's a lot I could talk about and show them my depth of research etc but in 5 mins that's going to be really difficult. How did you manage to show them your depth of understanding of the topic whilst keeping to the 5 min time frame? My only thought is that during the q&a I could go into some further depth I couldn't do in the presentation.

Original post by benm71
My main advice would be to stand out in the group exercise, but when doing this make sure you do not overpower the group and become bossy (there will always be one person at your centre that does this). In order to stand out try to come up with alternative thoughtful solutions different to your peers and I would also advice showing your management skills by taking on roles such as timekeeping. As for the interview itself you will get your generic questions such as: Name a problem and how you have overcome it or as you stated Why did you choose Deloitte, but they shouldn't ask you anything too complex but I would still try to be prepared by doing some research just in case. Also when answering experience based questions try and structure your answer using the STAR method it improves the clarity of your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending