The Student Room Group

Feminists

What do you think of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-47914832

Hopefully they will be outraged and vocal!

Scroll to see replies

I saw this as a news thread on TSR earlier today.

You're right: I'm outraged and I will be vocal about it. I hope she gets the same treatment a man would and I think the judge should be questioned as well.
Not outraged, I've seen this happen so often that it has become boringly predictable.
The pitifully low sentence issued to Ruby Thomas, London's first convicted female gay bashing killer gets all my outrage.
Original post by RazzzBerries
I saw this as a news thread on TSR earlier today.

You're right: I'm outraged and I will be vocal about it. I hope she gets the same treatment a man would and I think the judge should be questioned as well.

I think all good people are and should be, equality needs to be reintroduced and enforced with less prejudice accross many areas of society.
Original post by Burton Bridge
I think all good people are and should be, equality needs to be reintroduced and enforced with less prejudice across many areas of society.

:yep:
I think all good people are and should be, equality needs to be reintroduced and enforced with less prejudice accross many areas of society.

👏👏👏
Burton Bridge, I am a feminist, but agree with you.
bear's outrageometer™ is maxed out

:mob:
:five:
Original post by the bear
bear's outrageometer™ is maxed out

:mob:
Original post by Oxford Mum
:five:

Happy Palm Sunday Mum :h:
Love to you too @the bear
Original post by the bear
Happy Palm Sunday Mum :h:
Burton Bridge, I am a feminist, but agree with you.

Oh I want to make absolutely 100% clear that I don't cast stones at genuine feminists, I believe firmly in equality unfortunately women on the world stage are still treated poorly, however that does not happen in the UK.

My problem lies with the fake feminists that do various fake things that devalues and tars real good feminism, for example politicising feminism as left wing trying to force women to support a certain political party/ideal or the ones which seem to twist facts to victimise women/demonise men.

I'm all for equality I'm just against the female superiority campaigners, but I understand they have influtrated the feminist movement and don't provide 100% reputation of it.
I am for feminine equality, not feminine superiority. So hopefully in agreement with you.
Oh I want to make absolutely 100% clear that I don't cast stones at genuine feminists, I believe firmly in equality unfortunately women on the world stage are still treated poorly, however that does not happen in the UK.

My problem lies with the fake feminists that do various fake things that devalues and tars real good feminism, for example politicising feminism as left wing trying to force women to support a certain political party/ideal or the ones which seem to twist facts to victimise women/demonise men.

I'm all for equality I'm just against the female superiority campaigners, but I understand they have influtrated the feminist movement and don't provide 100% reputation of it.
Not sentencing a woman to prison on the sheer basis that she is a woman, is an example of benevolent sexism.... towards women.

Why? Because women are weaker than men and so prison would be too harsh a sentence?

Feminists don’t want women to avoid jail by the nice male judge, who thinks women are too nice and fragile for jail. Women want to be treated the same, not protected as more vulnerable beings.
I am for feminine equality, not feminine superiority. So hopefully in agreement with you.

Absolutely mate, feminism is just a word yo describe equality for women and men :smile:
Absolutely mate, feminism is just a word yo describe equality for women and men :smile:

Haha you’re hilarious
Original post by Waldorf67
Not sentencing a woman to prison on the sheer basis that she is a woman, is an example of benevolent sexism.... towards women.

Why? Because women are weaker than men and so prison would be too harsh a sentence?

Feminists don’t want women to avoid jail by the nice male judge, who thinks women are too nice and fragile for jail. Women want to be treated the same, not protected as more vulnerable beings.

It was a female judge
It was a female judge

So what. Male or female judge it was structural benevolent sexism towards women.
My experience is that female judges tend to go harsher on women than male .
Double post 🤗
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending