The Student Room Group

Easter Holidays GCSE Support Thread!

Hi everyone! Happy holidays, I hope you're all okay :biggrin:

I thought we could have a thread for the easter holidays to support everyone doing gcses as they are fast approaching :eek:

So we can talk about anything! Revision, advice, help etc.

Year 11 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5541058

Remember: these are holidays, not just 2 weeks of studying!

Scroll to see replies

Halfway (almost) through the holiday!
Original post by ClubNeon
Halfway (almost) through the holiday!

:woo: how’re you coping?
Seeing people with their studygrams saying they’re doing 6-7 hours a day scares me :hide:
I'm okay still revising I really want to do well but I am not going to let me bring me down
Original post by laurawatt

I thought we could have a thread for the easter holidays to support everyone doing gcses as they are fast approaching :eek:

I'm only half way through all my science content... Don't think I'll get there :frown:
Only done 1 of three texts for English Lit and no poems
Gonna fail maths even though I'm practising it
The rest should be okay
It's going crappy. I've barely done any Eng Lit and Maths I've barely improved on. Geography is a mess and so is RS. Finished notes on Science but haven't actually learnt it or done exam papers for any subject. Eng Lang is a disgusting mess too.
mine just started i havent revised at all yet and i have serious procrastination issues
Original post by Hiro2468
It's going crappy. I've barely done any Eng Lit and Maths I've barely improved on. Geography is a mess and so is RS. Finished notes on Science but haven't actually learnt it or done exam papers for any subject. Eng Lang is a disgusting mess too.

Try and use seneca for sciences, it helps you to learn better. For RS just bs your way through, you can get high grades by sounding like yk what you're on about. Language is tough... Either way, guess we're both ****ed :frown:
Original post by NetNeutrality
mine just started i havent revised at all yet and i have serious procrastination issues

Same...
Original post by FTheOpps
Same...

yup were both ****ed
:woo: how’re you coping?
Seeing people with their studygrams saying they’re doing 6-7 hours a day scares me :hide:

Its great to see the thread has finally kicked off. I have achieved absolutely nothing so far this half term.:colondollar:
Reply 11
I'm honestly not sure if I'll scrape that grade 6 in maths, even though I've done a few past papers over the week.
Reply 12
One week left for me to revise 8 GCSE’s on top of teachers setting homework. I’m doing separate science, English Lit and language, French, History, Maths and RS
I'm starting to stress, because I'm constantly procrastinating and have done nowhere as much work as I should've these holidays!
Original post by FTheOpps
I'm only half way through all my science content... Don't think I'll get there :frown:
Only done 1 of three texts for English Lit and no poems
Gonna fail maths even though I'm practising it
The rest should be okay

Prioritise! With science, learn the required practicals and the key content (use Seneca Learning(website)and FreeScienceLessons(on youtube) to help with this!)
Seneca learning probably has all of your subjects on there, so use it for everything if you’re running out of time and need a quick overview :smile:
Best of luck!
Original post by Anthos
I'm honestly not sure if I'll scrape that grade 6 in maths, even though I've done a few past papers over the week.

Practise questions are the way to go!
With the past papers, mark them, and with any mistakes you make, go and revise that topic - even if it was a silly error, just to cement that area into your head!
Original post by dragonius
Im a 108 year old grown man

And you’re doing your GCSEs? Kudos, and good luck! :wink:
Original post by epicnm
One week left for me to revise 8 GCSE’s on top of teachers setting homework. I’m doing separate science, English Lit and language, French, History, Maths and RS

I agree, the homework some teachers have been setting is very annoying and gets in the way of revision I wanted to do :s-smilie:
Good luck nonetheless, try and section a day per subject (an then the remaining 2 subjects interspersed throughout the week or done on the Monday and Tuesday)
Original post by ClubNeon
Its great to see the thread has finally kicked off. I have achieved absolutely nothing so far this half term.:colondollar:

Thanks! Taking a break is always good though :biggrin:
Think I'm gonna make a new list of tasks I need to do this week, the one I made at the start of the holidays was farrr too big
I caught Influenza and I'm currently functioning on my last iota of brain cells. Furthermore, I am abroad without my school notes, hopelessly trying to watch Mr Bruff with abhorrent internet connection. Its going well.

I'm basically starting revision today. Done nothing for the past week :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest