The Student Room Group

My A level journey and athlete lifestyle blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheYearNiner
Okay Jake cheers

And I'm 6'4 and 183 pounds
Well, my exam board is OCR A for chemistry, so there is hella a lot of practicals. We often do 2 practicals per week, or typically when we finish a topic and it has a practical in it we most likely do it the upcoming lesson. I really want an A in my final exams, although I'm currently targetted a B. Hmm, my dream job is quite possibly a barrister/lawyer atm, what about you?
Original post by Mixedraceguy
How often do you do practicals? I gather there's 12 practical skills in the Aqa A level chemistry course I haven't done any practicals as I'm self teaching and haven't done any practical lessons at my local exam centre but I will be taking practical lessons in year 13 and I will of course do the practical assignment I'm hoping to smash as I need to get at least a D in the practical to get into uni to do Chem so a C would be great! Ohhh I see so what is your dream job?
Original post by Kraggor
I dunno but she knew ALOT! I always just couldn't remember everything once I had gone into the exam and this was the same for all subjects.I always never hit my target A levels and beyond because of this :frown:
Oo awesome, I've seen some documentaries of some bodybuilders plus some youtubers, not something that I would like to get into but can again learn about it and see what's coming from that side :h: Good luck with your whole process :smile:

Yes exactly! I don't have a deadline its just gonna continue throughout the rest of my life so any progress is fine :smile: Not sure I quite understand what you mean? You mean, how is food appetising or what can you do to it to make it look appetising? You ate what you wanted to eat which is all that matters :h:

Oh I see that really sucks I hope I meet my targets I think it's like CDD atm I seem to be performing on task though I'm a bit behind in Accounting rn Yeah they're like inspirations along with fellow athletes Idk if I'll ever get big like a bodybuilder but I should get a good physique with little body far like I have now but bigger muscles and a little less fat oh I see and likewise I'm gonna continue with this diet exercise plan for the rest of my life but I won't be an athlete for the rest of my life I think ill prolly peak at dime point but I could be a veteran athlete that would be pretty cool and if I was really good I could compete at the swimming masters
I mean does it look tasty and yeah sure I ate what I wanted to eat though I'm pretty strict on my diet and what I eat but I do incorporate cheats and tasty snacks for example space raiders they're my childhood favourite snack
Original post by MydaMina
Well, my exam board is OCR A for chemistry, so there is hella a lot of practicals. We often do 2 practicals per week, or typically when we finish a topic and it has a practical in it we most likely do it the upcoming lesson. I really want an A in my final exams, although I'm currently targetted a B. Hmm, my dream job is quite possibly a barrister/lawyer atm, what about you?

2 practicals a week is a lot I'm at a disadvantage having not done any so I really dk what I'll get for AS Chemistry this summer I may end up with a D as I'm behind Im not sure I'll cover the whole AS textbook by May 20th which is the date for paper 1 I'm hoping for a C for A level next year I think I'm gonna have to apply to do foundation year courses at uni in September so I'll be doing for years at uni then hopefully another year for a masters at another uni and my dream job is an industrial chemist
Nope, not necessarily speaking. Having done no practicals does mean you will be behind, but you can easily catch up. I'd recommend printing a list of all the chemistry practicals from your specification and begin making valued content which you can revise from on them. This means printing off each chemistry practical, and highlighting and going through it thoroughly, adding notes where you get certain parts, and questioning yourself parts you don't. I'd recommend spaced repetition as well so you won't forget all your valid content closer to May. That does, by all means, starting NOW. :smile:
2 practicals a week is a lot I'm at a disadvantage having not done any so I really dk what I'll get for AS Chemistry this summer I may end up with a D as I'm behind Im not sure I'll cover the whole AS textbook by May 20th which is the date for paper 1 I'm hoping for a C for A level next year I think I'm gonna have to apply to do foundation year courses at uni in September so I'll be doing for years at uni then hopefully another year for a masters at another uni and my dream job is an industrial chemist
Nope, not necessarily speaking. Having done no practicals does mean you will be behind, but you can easily catch up. I'd recommend printing a list of all the chemistry practicals from your specification and begin making valued content which you can revise from on them. This means printing off each chemistry practical, and highlighting and going through it thoroughly, adding notes where you get certain parts, and questioning yourself parts you don't. I'd recommend spaced repetition as well so you won't forget all your valid content closer to May. That does, by all means, starting NOW. :smile:

I've made notes from watching practicals on YouTube though the problem is my parents are unemployed atm so we've not had enough money to buy a printer I've had to do an illegal cash in hand job to get enough money for my diet it's just working at an events venue it's note dodgy really but I'll be buying a printer in a few weeks and I'll have to wait till Monday to go to the library to print off the spec
Do you do much A level revision from YouTube?
So today I did some swimming I did 50m sprints 100m front crawl 1 400m front crawl and 2 ×200 m breastroke i couldn't get the splits as my watch was not working unfortunately but hopefully I can the times next time tonight I'm gonna do some circuit training and I'll give you reps I think it will be doing 200 push ups, 250 crunches, 200 sit ups, 2 minute plank ×3 cycle kicks, scissors kicks leg raises, wall sit, squats and 200 tricep dips
I usually watch YouTube videos when I don't get a specific topic (this is usually on Law though), and I need verbal guidance on it. I completely understand your problem, in that case, read thoroughly the online specification, and make a checklist on all the required practicals by just noting down the name of the practical and hypothesis, and then gather all your practical notes this weekend (or if you prefer, make flashcards), so you'll be ready to print by Monday.
I've made notes from watching practicals on YouTube though the problem is my parents are unemployed atm so we've not had enough money to buy a printer I've had to do an illegal cash in hand job to get enough money for my diet it's just working at an events venue it's note dodgy really but I'll be buying a printer in a few weeks and I'll have to wait till Monday to go to the library to print off the spec
Do you do much A level revision from YouTube?
Your mum and dad were working at a warehouse right? I knew your dad is unemployed but I didn't realise your mum isn't working
So today I did some swimming I did 50m sprints 100m front crawl 1 400m front crawl and 2 ×200 m breastroke i couldn't get the splits as my watch was not working unfortunately but hopefully I can the times next time tonight I'm gonna do some circuit training and I'll give you reps I think it will be doing 200 push ups, 250 crunches, 200 sit ups, 2 minute plank ×3 cycle kicks, scissors kicks leg raises, wall sit, squats and 200 tricep dips

Damn that's pretty intense today I've done some bicep curls, 150 push ups, 200 sit ups, 150 crunches, some leg raises, squats and 100 tricep dips are you with your girlfriend rn? You said you were going to have a romantic date tonight
Thanks I'm really look forward to the lab work as I've not done any lab work since year 10! 😱 did you do A Level Chemistry? Yeah it's an awesome idea and yep I try to reach my macro targets each day I personally feel like it helps me to reach my body goals but @It's****ingWOODY doesn't agree and I think he has a better knowledge of nutrition than me but I guess it depends what you want to do personally Good luck with that are you just counting calories atm?

If it's something that you can honestly stick to for the long haul then it'll work dude, I personally find it's an unnecessarily overcomplicated and restrictive approach but if you're genuinely finding it easy to stick to then as I said, it'll work :top:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
If it's something that you can honestly stick to for the long haul then it'll work dude, I personally find it's an unnecessarily overcomplicated and restrictive approach but if you're genuinely finding it easy to stick to then as I said, it'll work :top:

Yeah it means I can't eat what my parents cook as I don't know how much each bit of food weighs so I don't know the macros or calories but I'm managing to finance my food on £50 a week from pocket money and a cash in hand job I enjoy sticking to my diet it makes me feel good, energetic and I've noticed my skin is better and I do have a cheat meal once every fortnight or once a week and I can still eat things like crisps and a can of shandy
Would you recommend creatine? Someone recommended it here and I'm prolly gonna get some in two weeks I think it's like £25 from Holland and barret
Original post by SavageRyan
Damn that's pretty intense today I've done some bicep curls, 150 push ups, 200 sit ups, 150 crunches, some leg raises, squats and 100 tricep dips are you with your girlfriend rn? You said you were going to have a romantic date tonight

That's a pretty good core workout and bicep curls are great do you have dumbells? I don't have any yet but I'll hopefully have enough money soon like there's so many things I need and so little money! Yes I was with her last night and it was the perfect night love songs, strawberries dipped on chocolate, two bottles of prosecco and a double bed 😋
Your mum and dad were working at a warehouse right? I knew your dad is unemployed but I didn't realise your mum isn't working

Yeah my mum had to stop working due to back pains she'll have to have a few months off and yes they both worked at the same warehouse
I usually watch YouTube videos when I don't get a specific topic (this is usually on Law though), and I need verbal guidance on it. I completely understand your problem, in that case, read thoroughly the online specification, and make a checklist on all the required practicals by just noting down the name of the practical and hypothesis, and then gather all your practical notes this weekend (or if you prefer, make flashcards), so you'll be ready to print by Monday.

Oh I see I just like studying topics on YouTube I watch YouTube videos for all of my subjects and get tips from A level vlogs too I'm a visual learner yeah I've started making notes on my tablet and I have ill have them ready to print over this Easter holiday rn I've typed up on practical skills so I have five more to do I've also drawn and coloured in diagrams of the practical I had diagrams and notes before but I think they were stolen
Yeah my mum had to stop working due to back pains she'll have to have a few months off and yes they both worked at the same warehouse

Oh that's peak
Yep, just like me. Although I've procrastinated a lot today but planning to study this evening. Oh, that's good, so you'll have all your practicals done by this Easter..! Don't forget to review past papers questions as they'll help fill in your knowledge gaps too.
Oh I see I just like studying topics on YouTube I watch YouTube videos for all of my subjects and get tips from A level vlogs too I'm a visual learner yeah I've started making notes on my tablet and I have ill have them ready to print over this Easter holiday rn I've typed up on practical skills so I have five more to do I've also drawn and coloured in diagrams of the practical I had diagrams and notes before but I think they were stolen
That's a pretty good core workout and bicep curls are great do you have dumbells? I don't have any yet but I'll hopefully have enough money soon like there's so many things I need and so little money! Yes I was with her last night and it was the perfect night love songs, strawberries dipped on chocolate, two bottles of prosecco and a double bed 😋

Yeah it was decent had me feeling satisfied today I've played some football and now I'm gonna do a similar workout I've not been gym today so that's why I'll do that workout though in tempted to do a little jog round the block. Yeah bicep curls are great and I do have dumbells and loads of different weights so I just do different reps with each weight I've had these since I was 14 I see what you mean it must be hard for you I feel you bro atm I'm just comfortable with my job which gets me around £100 a week.

That sounds lit I had a feeling you would have a good night, I saw my girlfriend earlier she watched me play football and we went for a slush puppy
Yep, just like me. Although I've procrastinated a lot today but planning to study this evening. Oh, that's good, so you'll have all your practicals done by this Easter..! Don't forget to review past papers questions as they'll help fill in your knowledge gaps too.

Good luck with that 😹 Yeah hopefully I will have got all the practical notes done by the end of Easter and I'll have memorised them
Have you personally memorised all of the AS practicals? What s your favourite practical skill? Mine is making up a volumetric solution and carrying out an acid based titration Yeah I'll have a got some practical skills questions I really need to try and master them since I want to Chemistry at uni
Yeah it was decent had me feeling satisfied today I've played some football and now I'm gonna do a similar workout I've not been gym today so that's why I'll do that workout though in tempted to do a little jog round the block. Yeah bicep curls are great and I do have dumbells and loads of different weights so I just do different reps with each weight I've had these since I was 14 I see what you mean it must be hard for you I feel you bro atm I'm just comfortable with my job which gets me around £100 a week.

That sounds lit I had a feeling you would have a good night, I saw my girlfriend earlier she watched me play football and we went for a slush puppy

That's good football is great but personally I'm not so good at it go for a jog then 😜 I went to the gym today had a good session worked on my arms and chest today youve been doing weights since you were 14? Damn yeah your job seems decent and it's good pay I'm just gonna have to keep grafting with the cash in hand job for now that's pretty cool did you have fun? Slush puppies are dank which flavour did you have? And yeah it was a peng date we're Defo gonna do it again one time perhaps after my exams as I really need to focus now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending