The Student Room Group

Shamima Begum was cruel enforcer in Isil's morality police, say Syrian witnesses

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/13/shamima-begum-cruel-enforcer-isils-morality-police-say-syrian/

For those who defended her right to come back to the UK, does this change your mind? She apparently carried around a kalashnikov rifle with her and strictly enforced islamic laws on other women. She received defensive military training in Al-Hisba, ISIL's feared and brutal morality police.

On the authenticity of the claims: 'Details of Miss Begum’s alleged role in Isil have come from two separate sources, including an anti-Isil activist group Sound and Picture, whose members lived under the jihadists’ rule and closely followed its members. Some of the information has been confirmed by Western intelligence, which is understood to be looking into the allegations as part of a criminal investigation.'

In any case, the idea that she was 'just a housewife' is surely nonsense.

Scroll to see replies

Least shocking news ever there.
Always against her returning, still am.
Not surprised.
Thank goodness the current Home Secretary has the common sense and courage to take the necessary action.

In relation to terrorist criminals, the 'anything evil goes' and "in for a penny, in for a pound" attitudes are almost inevitable.
The media should always ensure 100% accurate standards of reporting though.
The infamously brutal all women's division of isis-daesh religious inquisition enforcement was the al khansaa brigade- not al hisba.
Information from that area is so shaky, though. Will need to have more confirmation.
Original post by Notoriety
Information from that area is so shaky, though. Will need to have more confirmation.

Surely the fact she thought it was a good idea to join a group of people who set pilots on fire for fun, is confirmation enough? She's a vile human being and is now reaping what was sown.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AJ126
Surely the fact she thought it was a good idea to join a group of people who set pilots on fire for fun, is confirmation enough? She's a vile human being and is now reaping what was sown.

Because she joined Isis, she must have been a member of the religious police? No, that simply does not follow.

The anti-Isis groups are not very pro-Begum and professing witnessing her do ghastly things helps their cause and gives them retribution. The source, at the very least, is biased.
Because she joined Isis, she must have been a member of the religious police? No, that simply does not follow.

The anti-Isis groups are not very pro-Begum and professing witnessing her do ghastly things helps their cause and gives them retribution. The source, at the very least, is biased.

I agree that more witness testimony and other credible evidence are needed.
But I doubt there are many sane people who are not biased against prescribed terrorist group isis-daesh or pro isis wife.
Particularly amongst the survivors of isis-daesh who saw their local areas invaded, their relatives tortured and their neighbours mass murdered.

A lot of them were members of the morality police.The only evidence you have that she didn't do anything wrong is that she happens to be a woman.If she were a man this debate wouldn't even be a thing.And I didn't say that it follows that she is a member just that it's surely enough evidence to not let her back in.

The source might be biased but we dont need to know that to make a decision.We know Isis are a group who do horrible things.We know that they advertised their atrocities all over the news such that you'd have to be living under a rock to not hear about it.We know she thought it was a good idea to join them.We know she's unfazed by severed heads and thinks the Manchester bombing was a good thing.All in all we know quite enough about her to revoke her citizenship.
Original post by AJ126

The fact that she is a vile and evil individual has already been confirmed- yes.
A self confessed member of isis-daesh- yes again.
But there needs to be more first hand witness testimony and any video evidence of each & every single specific allegation of criminal conduct made against isis wife.
Original post by AJ126
A lot of them were members of the morality police.The only evidence you have that she didn't do anything wrong is that she happens to be a woman.If she were a man this debate wouldn't even be a thing.And I didn't say that it follows that she is a member just that it's surely enough evidence to not let her back in.

The source might be biased but we dont need to know that to make a decision.We know Isis are a group who do horrible things.We know that they advertised their atrocities all over the news such that you'd have to be living under a rock to not hear about it.We know she thought it was a good idea to join them.We know she's unfazed by severed heads and thinks the Manchester bombing was a good thing.All in all we know quite enough about her to revoke her citizenship.

You're inventing an argument I simply did not present. I in no way said she did nothing wrong. I was against her being permitted to come back to the UK and you'll see me say this in several threads previously.

This story is adding a new angle -- that she was active in Isis, rather than passive as had been previously alleged. I am merely questioning the veracity of that by looking at the reliability of these new sources. Being analytical and using my brain doesn't mean I must support Begum! And I don't suggest it's impossible that she was active.
(edited 5 years ago)
she can go to hell
She's a fool and she doesn't deserve to come back to this country
You're inventing an argument I simply did not present. I in no way said she did nothing wrong. I was against her being permitted to come back to the UK and you'll see me say this in several threads previously.

This story is adding a new angle -- that she was active in Isis, rather than passive as had been previously alleged. I am merely questioning the veracity of that by looking at the reliability of these new sources. Being analytical and using my brain doesn't mean I must support Begum! And I don't suggest it's impossible that she was active.

I think its quite obvious she was active.If she wanted to be a housewife then she could easily have stayed here.The housewife thing is just a ploy to gain sympathy.

I'm saying you don't even need to know she was active.Its enough that she supports their ideology.And she did commit a crime anyway, you can't just join genocidal groups and not expect to go to prison.
Only a fool or a terrorist would see her as a victim
Not surprising at all
Original post by AJ126
I think its quite obvious she was active.If she wanted to be a housewife then she could easily have stayed here.The housewife thing is just a ploy to gain sympathy.

I'm saying you don't even need to know she was active.Its enough that she supports their ideology.And she did commit a crime anyway, you can't just join genocidal groups and not expect to go to prison.

It isn't obvious.

And I agree, as I said in the previous post (i.e. the one you just quoted and responded to). Superfluous comments from you.
Superfluous comments from you.

Irony
Original post by Burton Bridge
Irony

Keep coming with these ad hom zingers. We all appreciate them.
It is silly leaving UK born terrorists in foreign countries. They will fester and likely return under their own hateful steam.

What we should be doing is repatriating them and publicly executing them, mainly because it is cheaper than a drone strike.

Latest

Trending

Trending