The Student Room Group

Last minute revision

I have created a timetable with around 30 days until my first GCSE exam and also the days during my exams and the next short holiday. I have done bits of revision throughout Easter break, although I feel as though I am under so much stress with the amount of work I have to cover. I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) in this situation and if you think that I my stress is unnecessary. Thankyou ;(
It depends where your grades are at the moment. If you're getting the grades you want, minimal revision is required. If not, you need to put work in. Now that there's not a lot of time left, you need to be good at prioritising. Some subjects/topics might have to take the fall so you can push the others up.

Work to the best of your ability, but make sure you use some time to get some rest so you're recharged by the time we have to get back to school.
Reply 2
I am currently in your position. I have 16 long topics to cover which = 9 GCSEs.

I've only just started fully revising all day everyday and I've done the calculations and I don't have enough time to cover everything... It's takes me a thew days to get through each book and fully understand and remember everything. Plus I need to do exam practice so I am really really stressed and worried I don't know what to do...

I'm just pushing through it, I have full hope and belief I will get through it so get your head down now and revise (efficiently) remember to take breaks and have water etc.

Original post by HarrietL16
I have created a timetable with around 30 days until my first GCSE exam and also the days during my exams and the next short holiday. I have done bits of revision throughout Easter break, although I feel as though I am under so much stress with the amount of work I have to cover. I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) in this situation and if you think that I my stress is unnecessary. Thankyou ;(
Reply 3
Original post by JJ Kirby
I am currently in your position. I have 16 long topics to cover which = 9 GCSEs.

I've only just started fully revising all day everyday and I've done the calculations and I don't have enough time to cover everything... It's takes me a thew days to get through each book and fully understand and remember everything. Plus I need to do exam practice so I am really really stressed and worried I don't know what to do...

I'm just pushing through it, I have full hope and belief I will get through it so get your head down now and revise (efficiently) remember to take breaks and have water etc.

Thankyou, for the advice and I really hope you do well.
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
It depends where your grades are at the moment. If you're getting the grades you want, minimal revision is required. If not, you need to put work in. Now that there's not a lot of time left, you need to be good at prioritising. Some subjects/topics might have to take the fall so you can push the others up.

Work to the best of your ability, but make sure you use some time to get some rest so you're recharged by the time we have to get back to scho

Thankyou for your advice.

Quick Reply

Latest