The Student Room Group

OCR B (SHP) GCSE History Paper 1,2,3 03/06/11th of June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

I thought that it would be easier to have one thread for all 3 exams.

Paper 2, history around us 3/06/19. 1 hour
paper 1, British history 6/06/19. 1 hour 45 minutes
paper 3, world history 11/06/19. 1 hour 45 minutes

Does any one know why they do paper 2 before paper 1?

breakdown of papers:

paper 2, selected site, 1 hour, 40 marks ( + 10 spag), 20% of overall grade.

paper 1, thematic study and British depth study, 1 hour 45 minutes, 80 marks, 40% of overall grade

paper 3, period study, world depth study, 1 hour 45 minutes, 80 marks, 40% of overall grade.

specification at a glance:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse/history-b-schools-history-project-j411-from-2016/specification-at-a-glance/

I know that this isn't a popular exam board, but I'm sure that my school isn't the only one doing it.

Good luck everyone sitting these papers. Feel free to post if you have any questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My gosh am I glad to see this thread. I've barely been able to find anyone else doing this same GCSE. Which topics are you doing? I do Nazi Germany, America, Crime and Punishment, and Norman Conquest.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anthos
My gosh am I glad to see this thread. I've barely been able to find anyone else doing this same GCSE. Which topics are you doing? I do Nazi Germany, America, Crime and Punishment, and Norman Conquest.

I do Nazi Germany, America, Norman Conquest and people's health. Our schools have picked similar options.
Has anyone else not finished all the content yet?

We are close to being done, but not finished yet.
Reply 4
Our school does the exact same options 😃
Original post by Anthos
Reply 5
Original post by ok123y
Our school does the exact same options 😃

Now that's a huge coincidence! :P
Reply 6
How are you guys preparing for History Around Us?
Reply 7
Original post by Anthos

Just trying to know the physical features of the site really well. Doing practice questions.
I think one of the questions might be on A significant turning point and maybe another about similarities and differences between other sites
I'm learning physical features and key words. Or at least I'm trying to.
My school does People's Health, Elizabethans, Making of America and Nazi Germany.
Original post by Anthos
Original post by Anthos

I'm learning all the key features, and uses of the site. Along with a brief overview of the sites history, key people involved and different uses over time. Looking at how and when the site was important.

my school also have us this booklet with everything we need to know about our site, along with some model answers to questions that could come up.

Good luck.
Original post by Anthos

fortunately i found this document on kenilworth castle which is the one im doing https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/siteassets/home/learn/teaching-resources/teachers-kits/ocr-gcse_history-around-us_-kenilworth-castle.pdf

however, the question on the left-hand site will not change. ocr will ask something based on those questions. last year they were a), b), e) and k)
omg I do our too and its such a rare syllabus ugh
I do the exact same topics as you
Original post by bazzosaurus
I'm learning physical features and key words. Or at least I'm trying to.
My school does People's Health, Elizabethans, Making of America and Nazi Germany.
Reply 14
Original post by emilykatecarv
omg I do our too and its such a rare syllabus ugh

It's true that it's a rare syllabus. I'm seeing people mostly doing AQA or Edexcel History, but I'm glad we've managed to find a few people doing the exam. That makes it easier to discuss the exam.

I made this 5 a day thing a while ago, where there are daily questions on the topics. Though, I only did it for the topics I do, not anything else: https://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/ocr-b-history-gcse-9-1-5-a-day/History%205%20a%20day.pdf
Reply 15
Good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile:
Reply 16
How did people find it? What questions did you choose? I did 1 and 3
Original post by ok123y
How did people find it? What questions did you choose? I did 1 and 3

it was ok i did 1 and 2. for q3 did you compare it to another castle?
for question 3 i compared it to others you had too if not it may be hard for you to get marks
Original post by sqrt of 5
it was ok i did 1 and 2. for q3 did you compare it to another castle?
Original post by maryamx100
for question 3 i compared it to others you had too if not it may be hard for you to get marks

so glad i did q1 and 2. what did you put for q2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending