The Student Room Group

gcse exam results day

What is it like when you finally get your grades back?
You'll be upset if you do badly, ecstatic if you do much better than you thought you would, grudgingly happy if you do better than expected, or, like me, slightly dissapointed / unemotive if you did slightly worse than you could've but not badly.
My parents seemed to care a lot more about it than I did, and I observed the same with my friends.
Something which may affect how you view the experience: it's common for sixth forms to not let you take a subject at A-level unless you get an A* in the relevant GCSE. Not sure how it'd work in yours, but bear in mind.
lol gcse results day is my birthday
I don’t think that it really sinks in for a while. There’s a lot of shouting, for a few people crying, and some confusion. Mainly though, it’s a real ease of stress because you find out your results one way or another. One thing that I would say about results day is to not look on social media or ask about people’s grades outside of your friends because there is always someone better than you. Always. And you just don’t need to look at that right now.
damn i hope it goes well for you
Original post by mpaprika
lol gcse results day is my birthday
thank you ahaha, kind of a bad day to disappoint my parents isn't it :h:
Original post by Krishna1601
damn i hope it goes well for you
I loved it, but I think it depends on how your results are. I was happy but didn’t really sink in until the late afternoon.
it's the weirdest feeling ever tbh.

though i got grades im really happy with, i just didn't feel happy at that time? I just felt completely empty, and a bit sad as well.

It was weird seeing everyone that you've been with for 5 years, some really happy, jumping with joy, others really down and leave as soon as they can.

and it wont sink in. not for a very long time. i literally went home and slept - i was utterly shattered lol
Reply 8
Original post by HarrietL16
What is it like when you finally get your grades back?

Quite a few emotions alternating. It's a weird day that doesn't really allow everything to sink in right there and then.
You have the primary reaction to the results you got but there's the last year or 2 stressing about your grades and exams and school leaving you. Emotions about the future and all the exciting possibilities.
Original post by mpaprika
thank you ahaha, kind of a bad day to disappoint my parents isn't it :h:

it really is i feel for you
As long as you’ve worked as hard as you can and do your absolute best then your be fine as you know you’ve done the most you possibly could have.
Work as hard as you can then your be rewarded. If you don’t work hard your be upset and regret not trying your best.
Its 23rd of August right?

Quick Reply