The Student Room Group

Year 11-GCSE stress chat

Scroll to see replies

Honestly.. idk
The only subject I'm fully comfortable w is Chemistry, and then i'm eh with bio, maths, physics, rs, history, but I still have SO much to learn in these subjects.
it's english lang and lit, i just haven't read the books, and although I got goodish grades in the mocks, idk if i'll be able to learn the 234556 poems and quotes we have to learn. :frown:
It all just sucks in general! I don’t bother revising for English because I HATE it.
Original post by peachystudy
Honestly.. idk
The only subject I'm fully comfortable w is Chemistry, and then i'm eh with bio, maths, physics, rs, history, but I still have SO much to learn in these subjects.
it's english lang and lit, i just haven't read the books, and although I got goodish grades in the mocks, idk if i'll be able to learn the 234556 poems and quotes we have to learn. :frown:
Original post by Flower2617
Hey I’ve made a chat for year 11’s to just say how they are finding and coping with gcses because I just want others experiences so I don’t feel so alone. Get your worried off your chests so we can all relate and get through this together😂😢😫

Isn’t it mad that it only feels like year 11 started last month and gcses start 3 weeks after half term😫

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS TRRRUUUUUUEEEEEE me and one of my close always talk about time went mad fast
Reply 23
I am royally screwed for maths GCSE.
Hey I’ve made a chat for year 11’s to just say how they are finding and coping with gcses because I just want others experiences so I don’t feel so alone. Get your worried off your chests so we can all relate and get through this together😂😢😫

Isn’t it mad that it only feels like year 11 started last month and gcses start 3 weeks after half term😫

Honestly I'm going insane and I can't handle all of the pressure, the thing I struggle with the most is sitting in my exam hall; as soon as I get in there and sat down thats it I'm having fully blown out panic attacks and can't complete me exams. This is scaring me so much for May because the next two years of my life depend on my grades.
Reply 25
Original post by SHIV4N1
same my class didnt really get taught in yr 10 and then spent most of year 11 on the NEA so ive got to learn the whole course :frown:

My class had to teach ourselves. Our theory teacher does not know anything about computer science so much to the point that when we did a mock the entire class thought she taught us the wrong specification. Pretty funny because she taught us the right specification but she was just an awful teacher
(edited 4 years ago)
OMG I totally forgot about all the poems
:frown: now I want to sit in my room all my life with my dog!!!!!
Honestly.. idk
Same fgs 😂😂😂 actually lost all hope
Original post by Anthos
I am royally screwed for maths GCSE.
MOOD:biggrin:
Original post by EllieLouise_
Same fgs 😂😂😂 actually lost all hope
we will get there people practice makes perfect!
Original post by 1weaver11
MOOD:biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by 1weaver11
Honestly I'm going insane and I can't handle all of the pressure, the thing I struggle with the most is sitting in my exam hall; as soon as I get in there and sat down thats it I'm having fully blown out panic attacks and can't complete me exams. This is scaring me so much for May because the next two years of my life depend on my grades.

Chill. you know that we are way too young to be thinking of failure. If we do bad then we learn from our mistakes. As long as you try your best you'll be fine. Take some time out for yourself so that you stay both mentally and physically well. I have had a panic attack once over a mock and I revised for hours and hours for that mock. I just wasn't me because I was so nervous. The best revision you could be doing is meditation which will help you compose yourself. I remember last year walking out of my history exam and being like "I forgot all the facts. Well... s*** happens". I did fine on that test, wasn't as bad as I thought it was.
How far is everyone with revision? Should I have revision for all subjects and have it done absolutely everything by now? I’ve finished all revision for religious studies, history, biology paper 1, and mostly English. Been through at least the whole spec once again this year in all subjects. Don’t know if I should be revising more or giving myself a rest :frown:

My family are saying I look ill... lol
Is anyone else revising LOADS and feeling like they're still not doing enough / not processing the information?!?! I know you're meant to break it into chunks but I've tried that and it just makes me more stressed...
your right, but thats the thing I'm not walking out of my exams because I don't even walk in for some of them. Its not great having all my family who did really well in there exams like B's,A*s act really high grades where as I'm predicted less then a D and less then a level 1 pass for my two Btec subjects
Original post by Li_ger
Chill. you know that we are way too young to be thinking of failure. If we do bad then we learn from our mistakes. As long as you try your best you'll be fine. Take some time out for yourself so that you stay both mentally and physically well. I have had a panic attack once over a mock and I revised for hours and hours for that mock. I just wasn't me because I was so nervous. The best revision you could be doing is meditation which will help you compose yourself. I remember last year walking out of my history exam and being like "I forgot all the facts. Well... s*** happens". I did fine on that test, wasn't as bad as I thought it was.
Reply 34
Original post by student4656789
Is anyone else revising LOADS and feeling like they're still not doing enough / not processing the information?!?! I know you're meant to break it into chunks but I've tried that and it just makes me more stressed...

I can't process information if I stick on the same subject for more than a hour and if I don't take breaks. I get so bored that's why I try to do a different subject every hour of revision
(edited 4 years ago)
That's way more ahead than most people (including me) are! I haven't finished a single subject except for biology and physics... You should defo have a break lol well done
Original post by EllieLouise_
How far is everyone with revision? Should I have revision for all subjects and have it done absolutely everything by now? I’ve finished all revision for religious studies, history, biology paper 1, and mostly English. Been through at least the whole spec once again this year in all subjects. Don’t know if I should be revising more or giving myself a rest
Same! I swear to god sometimes I don’t even leave the house because I’m spending all my time in my room revising. Honestly can’t wait for it all to be over, June 14th is going to be the best day ever.
I'll try that tomo, thanks... probs where I'm going wrong because I try to consolidate whole subjects into certain days :'(
Original post by Li_ger
I can't process information if I stick on the same subject for more than a hour and if I don't take breaks. I get so bored that's why I try to do a different subject every hour of revision
Thank you! Good luck with everything:smile:
That's way more ahead than most people (including me) are! I haven't finished a single subject except for biology and physics... You should defo have a break lol well done
Which grades are everyone aiming for??
Honestly.. idk

Quick Reply

Latest