The Student Room Group

Year 11-GCSE stress chat

Scroll to see replies

Honestly if I get 4/5’s in my subjects I’ll be over the moon. Especially in geography and history
Original post by student4656789
Which grades are everyone aiming for??
Reply 41
Original post by 1weaver11
your right, but thats the thing I'm not walking out of my exams because I don't even walk in for some of them. Its not great having all my family who did really well in there exams like B's,A*s act really high grades where as I'm predicted less then a D and less then a level 1 pass for my two Btec subjects

Ye. When other family members do better, parents can sometimes fail to acknowledge our own achievements.I hope you do well in your exams
Reply 42
Original post by Li_ger
I'm fine. The only subject I am worried about is computer science but I should be able to learn the spec within the next few weeks

same wtf
Which grades are everyone aiming for??

I'm aiming for 8/9s in the sciences, english, history, maths, latin, and 7 in rs and spanish x
Original post by Li_ger
Ye. When other family members do better, parents can sometimes fail to acknowledge our own achievements.I hope you do well in your exams

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 45
Sort of lost my way in revision need to get back on track
Just wanted to give everyone some advice. I am in year 13 doing my A-levels this summer. GCSE's are not the be all and end all of what you do with your lives. Grades only get you so far in life . I applied for a competitive course which you need straight A's for i did not get any A's at GCSE or A level and have an offer to do veterinary medicine next year. i know how stressful it feels but trust me after the first exam it gets so much easier the exams are the easiest part in my opinion. If you need any advice dont hesitate to ask me but honestly dont stress about them they are not worth sleepless nights. But you are all going to do great wish you all luck i will be joining you too with my horrendous A levels ahah x
Original post by Li_ger
I'm fine. The only subject I am worried about is computer science but I should be able to learn the spec within the next few weeks

Well i'm struggling at written subjecy like scoiology and english XD
I'm really good at maths and computer science.
Everyone just a few months left till we get our well deserved break....Good Luck to everyone:smile:
I done GCSE’s two years ago and got 8A**-A. You should study for each subject specifically and do practice papers for all the sciences. There’s not that much stress. Take it as a fun process. The day the GCSEs were finished for me, it felt like I had no purpose and my life felt completely empty. Main message: EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE!
Original post by Mustafa0605
I done GCSE’s two years ago and got 8A**-A. You should study for each subject specifically and do practice papers for all the sciences. There’s not that much stress. Take it as a fun process. The day the GCSEs were finished for me, it felt like I had no purpose and my life felt completely empty. Main message: EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE!

Okay...Thanks for the encouragement:smile:
1 month today guys, 1 month till our first exam😭. But 2 months today until our last! (For me anyways). These next two months are going to be verrrryyyy eventful. Do you think the leading up to exams now will be quick or agonisingly slow due to all the boring revision? I’ve found my Easter holiday has gone pretty fast so far as I’ve been revising for most of it. My parents forced me to go outside with them today to get me away. I spend hours and hours but I just feel like nothing is going in and that I’m doing it wrong. I’ve got notes for all of biology, chemistry and only physics paper2. One module of history, one module of music and nothing of English. Romeo and Juliet will be the death of me. It gets to the point where I question who is even speaking English, Shakespeare or me?😂😭😭
How are you guys revising for English lit? I really need help for that

My maths teacher is forcing me to take higher maths and I’m only scraping 5s and I’m terrified this maths higher this year will be the hardest ever (as teachers said as we r getting comfortable with new spec they are making it harder) and then I would fail maths! When I could have just taken foundation. I have frnech speaking on 2nd of May. I just can’t take all this pressureee😫
My family are saying I look ill... lol
Is anyone else revising LOADS and feeling like they're still not doing enough / not processing the information?!?! I know you're meant to break it into chunks but I've tried that and it just makes me more stressed...

My parents are saying I look ill too. They see me and keep saying “are you okay you look really pasty, give yourself a break” and I’m like wow thanks for the confidence booster😂😭 they forced me to go outside today with them coz they r worried about me😂😬
Original post by 1weaver11
Honestly I'm going insane and I can't handle all of the pressure, the thing I struggle with the most is sitting in my exam hall; as soon as I get in there and sat down thats it I'm having fully blown out panic attacks and can't complete me exams. This is scaring me so much for May because the next two years of my life depend on my grades.

I can’t handle the pressure either. I’ve started to break out in spots (I never get them normally ) and my eyebags are literally so dark I’m literally wondering if I’m changing race from the eyes downwards 😂 and yeah I know it’s so stressfull. I hate it coz I’m worried as it is and then my tummy starts wanted to imitate the sound of a whale in the complete silent exam hall like no thankyouuu
Original post by arieslover
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS TRRRUUUUUUEEEEEE me and one of my close always talk about time went mad fast

Are you year 11 too or just saying when u were in year 11 it went fast?
Original post by Flower2617
1 month today guys, 1 month till our first exam😭. But 2 months today until our last! (For me anyways). These next two months are going to be verrrryyyy eventful. Do you think the leading up to exams now will be quick or agonisingly slow due to all the boring revision? I’ve found my Easter holiday has gone pretty fast so far as I’ve been revising for most of it. My parents forced me to go outside with them today to get me away. I spend hours and hours but I just feel like nothing is going in and that I’m doing it wrong. I’ve got notes for all of biology, chemistry and only physics paper2. One module of history, one module of music and nothing of English. Romeo and Juliet will be the death of me. It gets to the point where I question who is even speaking English, Shakespeare or me?😂😭😭
How are you guys revising for English lit? I really need help for that

My maths teacher is forcing me to take higher maths and I’m only scraping 5s and I’m terrified this maths higher this year will be the hardest ever (as teachers said as we r getting comfortable with new spec they are making it harder) and then I would fail maths! When I could have just taken foundation. I have frnech speaking on 2nd of May. I just can’t take all this pressureee😫

I got a 9 in maths two years ago. The grade boundaries are extremely low for the higher paper. Just do everything in your study guide and you should get atleast a 6. Do all the maths practice papers aswell. Also there’s no such thing as ‘this year it will be hard’. Because if it was harder, the grade boundaries would be lower so it’s the exact same chance to get the grade you deserve
doing my gcse this year as well! if you need help with any subject please let me know (apart from english lol)
I swear everyone hates english lit:sadnod:(INCLUDING ME)
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
I swear everyone hates english lit:sadnod:(INCLUDING ME)

I hated the poetry part. I think u need a basic understanding of all the poems but only need to memorise 3-4 of them as a lot of them are very similar and u can use the 3-4 which you know well, to compare with the poem in the paper which they choose
Original post by Mustafa0605
I hated the poetry part. I think u need a basic understanding of all the poems but only need to memorise 3-4 of them as a lot of them are very similar and u can use the 3-4 which you know well, to compare with the poem in the paper which they choose

So should I only revise 3/4 in proper detail can be a**sed with 15!

Quick Reply

Latest