The Student Room Group

Studyy gcse

👋
My summer exams are coming up in June (I’m in year 10 btw) and my skl recommended revising, so I’m going to start.
My aim is to get all subject over 85 per cent

Any tips on how to concentrate , how to revise (I’ve made majority of my notes).
I’m not sure if I should start practice papers because we have a half term before my exam week, so I was planning on doing them then? I’m not sure tho

Any tips :smile:)))

Also how do you improve latin languages and literature?

THANKS!!!!
Reply 1
Wow that is quite a high percentage to cover for a year 10 student.

personally, I would say leave past papers for year 11 because otherwise you will exhaust your resources and you won't have anything new left to do in year 11.

secondly, you need to bear in mind that although 85% sounds beautiful to cover, is it realistic?

I did Latin for GCSE too. Although it was tough to revise for, the outcome was totally worth it. You need to know your vocab and tenses inside out until you can recite it in your sleep. Practice translations even if you're not completely comfortable with the grammar, it'll show you what you need to go back to read over again.

What text are you doing for literature?
Original post by han0110

personally, I would say leave past papers for year 11 because otherwise you will exhaust your resources and you won't have anything new left to do in year 11.

secondly, you need to bear in mind that although 85% sounds beautiful to cover, is it realistic?

I did Latin for GCSE too. Although it was tough to revise for, the outcome was totally worth it. You need to know your vocab and tenses inside out until you can recite it in your sleep. Practice translations even if you're not completely comfortable with the grammar, it'll show you what you need to go back to read over again.

FOr latin, what practice translations did you use, cause i have the essential gcse book by john taylor but there is no mark scheme for me to correct myself with. Also do you have tips on memorising the set texts and do you have tips on knowing the cases? And as i am in year ten would translating a latin story a day help me? Sorry to bombard you lmao
Reply 3
Original post by han0110

weve finished germanicus and piso, but im not sure what we doing next
Reply 4
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
FOr latin, what practice translations did you use, cause i have the essential gcse book by john taylor but there is no mark scheme for me to correct myself with. Also do you have tips on memorising the set texts and do you have tips on knowing the cases? And as i am in year ten would translating a latin story a day help me? Sorry to bombard you lmao

yh same, we're using john taylor but apparently you have to email him or something for the answer books
Original post by Qwasdz5
yh same, we're using john taylor but apparently you have to email him or something for the answer books

Whats his email? Do you know

Quick Reply

Latest