The Student Room Group

My LDR boyfriend is seriously depressed

He's been looking at therapists for 2 days...he hasn't been depressed for about 3months but he was suicidal when we started dating then it went away on our 4th month.

We've been dating for 8 months and it's going great! but suddenly his depression has come back...worse this time, i can't stop crying and i want to do something to help like contact a therapist where he lives to tell them everything and for him to get a boost at finding a therapist? He hasn't told his family at all! I'm the only one that knows, I'm getting worried i feel like i should tell his family for him? idk. I'm so scared for him!

Any tips?
Depression doesn't just "come back" suddenly..

Nah, its up to him to tell his family. Your in an LDR so how exactly are you planning to phone therapists for him? Don't take this the wrong way, but how do you know he is telling the truth if u cant see him? Anyway he shouldn't be making you feel stressed and upset about it. Its up to him.
Reply 2
Gosh...okay, i thought i was going to get nice and helpful comments. and plus we broke up because he didn't want me to feel stressed and upset...he doesn't even know i am.
Original post by Anonymous
Gosh...okay, i thought i was going to get nice and helpful comments. and plus we broke up because he didn't want me to feel stressed and upset...he doesn't even know i am.

What do you want me to say? You asked for advice but you are unwilling to take the advice you are getting? I was being helpful, not all advice is advice you want to hear. If you are so certain of your relationship why are you even asking for "tips" in the first place if you ignore all that you are given? Smh.

Why are you upset then if you broke up, not ur problem anymore.
Unfortunately the only person that can help him is him. It's up to him to seek professional help. I can imagine therapists would be unwilling to help unless he goes to them personally.
He's been looking at therapists for 2 days...he hasn't been depressed for about 3months but he was suicidal when we started dating then it went away on our 4th month.

We've been dating for 8 months and it's going great! but suddenly his depression has come back...worse this time, i can't stop crying and i want to do something to help like contact a therapist where he lives to tell them everything and for him to get a boost at finding a therapist? He hasn't told his family at all! I'm the only one that knows, I'm getting worried i feel like i should tell his family for him? idk. I'm so scared for him!

Any tips?

Hey x

Why don't you try meeting up with him and talking to him just to see where his heads at, then maybe try talking to him about getting a therapist for the meantime, if he disagrees, emphasise that getting a therapist is just a short term thing rather than a long term thing?

im so shook rn

You've been dating 8 months.... but you broke up. So you are either dating or you are not. Which is it?
Reply 9
Original post by lmaooome
Hey x

Why don't you try meeting up with him and talking to him just to see where his heads at, then maybe try talking to him about getting a therapist for the meantime, if he disagrees, emphasise that getting a therapist is just a short term thing rather than a long term thing?

Hey xx

Yeah that's a good idea! thanks :smile: i'll do that x
Original post by DrawTheLine
You've been dating 8 months.... but you broke up. So you are either dating or you are not. Which is it?

I love how you're following my threads (no sarcasm...it's sweet :smile:)

It's complicated...we've come to a final decision that were going to take a break till after exams
I love how you're following my threads (no sarcasm...it's sweet :smile:)

It's complicated...we've come to a final decision that were going to take a break till after exams

I'm not following them. When someone posts on a thread, it bumps it to the top of the latest pile. Hence why I see them when I scroll through the latest threads. You make a thread every day almost about your relationship so it's inevitable I will see them. Relationships is my section too.

Break = break up.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm not following them. When someone posts on a thread, it bumps it to the top of the latest pile. Hence why I see them when I scroll through the latest threads. You make a thread every day almost about your relationship so it's inevitable I will see them. Relationships is my section too.

Break = break up.

Ahh sorry haha.

Hmm ye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending