The Student Room Group

Doing physical geography at uni?

Does anyone do physical geography at university?
What’s it like?
I feel like physical geography would be the perfect university course for me, because geography has always been my favourite school subject, but I’m starting to like human geography less, and be more interested in geology and ecology and stuff
Soooo I guess no one does physical geography at uni 😂😂
Well
At least this means it will be easy for me to get a place lol
Original post by Laurence010401
What’s it like?
I feel like physical geography would be the perfect university course for me, because geography has always been my favourite school subject, but I’m starting to like human geography less, and be more interested in geology and ecology and stuff

Hey,

Have you tried having a search on the TSR search bar for threads called Physical Geography? A quick search then came up with some threads discussing the university course. You may find it beneficial to jump in to some of these threads.

It is also important to check the course curriculum or modules at each different university as although the course may be Physical Geography different aspects may come up.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey,

Have you tried having a search on the TSR search bar for threads called Physical Geography? A quick search then came up with some threads discussing the university course. You may find it beneficial to jump in to some of these threads.

It is also important to check the course curriculum or modules at each different university as although the course may be Physical Geography different aspects may come up.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:

Thanks for the useful info
However, my main reason for making this discussion was because I searched the words ‘physical geography’ and found nothing. Anything that came up was about physics or something
Reply 4
I’m looking into studying physical geography too! What a levels are you taking and where are you hoping to apply too? 😍
Thanks for the useful info
However, my main reason for making this discussion was because I searched the words ‘physical geography’ and found nothing. Anything that came up was about physics or something

No problem at all, I see. Hopefully this thread will pick up or the guys at TSR can help bump the thread.

Cheers,
Tom:biggrin:
Reply 6
Lots of unis do dual honours physical geography and geology degrees - just google! I do human geography (sorry) but have had the chance to do modules which focus on human and physical issues, especially in first year.
What’s it like?
Original post by lemxn
Lots of unis do dual honours physical geography and geology degrees - just google! I do human geography (sorry) but have had the chance to do modules which focus on human and physical issues, especially in first year.

Yes I know lol
I’m actually in the process of deciding whether I wanna do geology and physical geography, or just physical geography
No problem at all, I see. Hopefully this thread will pick up or the guys at TSR can help bump the thread.

Cheers,
Tom:biggrin:

Yesssss it seems to be more active now lol
Original post by Deggs_14
I’m looking into studying physical geography too! What a levels are you taking and where are you hoping to apply too? 😍

Law geography physics
And there’s about 25 unis I’m thinking of 😂
Reply 10
Some unis would let you change course within the first few weeks anyway if you decided you wasn't enjoying certain elements e.g. you wanted to do single honours instead of dual honours as you didn't enjoy the geology aspects as much as you thought you would.
Yes I know lol
I’m actually in the process of deciding whether I wanna do geology and physical geography, or just physical geography
Original post by lemxn
Some unis would let you change course within the first few weeks anyway if you decided you wasn't enjoying certain elements e.g. you wanted to do single honours instead of dual honours as you didn't enjoy the geology aspects as much as you thought you would.

Yeah
For example, at Cardiff they said u can change within the first semester
Reply 12
Good luck with your applications! Geography is such a broad subject and there is so much more to learn beyond school and college, whether human or physical. You should consider what fieldtrip opportunities are on offer at each uni too!
Yeah
For example, at Cardiff they said u can change within the first semester
Yesssss it seems to be more active now lol

Great news! :banana2:
Great news! :banana2:

Loving the banana sticker lol 🍌
Original post by lemxn
Good luck with your applications! Geography is such a broad subject and there is so much more to learn beyond school and college, whether human or physical. You should consider what fieldtrip opportunities are on offer at each uni too!

Yes I do consider that
At Liverpool they have a trip to wellington, where all my extended family is, as part of geology and physical geography
And at Leicester, they have a trip to the amazon rainforest, which I’ve always wanted to visit, as part of physical geography
Loving the banana sticker lol 🍌

and surely it counts as one of your 5 A Day? :teehee:
Original post by liverpool hope university
and surely it counts as one of your 5 a day? :teehee:

haha yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending