The Student Room Group

Driving test tomorrow

I have my driving test tomorrow!! So nervous... Any last minute tips or words of wisdom? Thanks x
Original post by pixylott04
I have my driving test tomorrow!! So nervous... Any last minute tips or words of wisdom? Thanks x

Good luck!! I'm still learning so don't have any tips haha but just try to stay calm - as soon as you start panicking is when it all goes downhill :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello! I'm also still learning but my instructor has already given me some general tips for the test:

1.Keep calm
2.Don't get nervous if you make a mistake otherwise that might lead onto more
3.Also don't get nervous if you stall, just show the examiner that you can safely get the car moving again and that will prevent you loosing major marks (this might be just me but that's the advice I get :P)

That's all I have, I hope it helps. As with any other test, it's basically made so you can show the examiner that you have the knowledge and skill to drive safely. It's not meant to bamboozle you. Just think of it like a nice drive with someone telling you to do weird stuff with the car, haha.

Good luck!!
Reply 3
Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but I'm not very good when it comes to staying calm! Good luck learning to drive 😊 x
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Good luck!! I'm still learning so don't have any tips haha but just try to stay calm - as soon as you start panicking is when it all goes downhill :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you for your advice! Will take it all onboard. Have fun learning to drive 😊 x
Original post by Delenai24
Hello! I'm also still learning but my instructor has already given me some general tips for the test:

1.Keep calm
2.Don't get nervous if you make a mistake otherwise that might lead onto more
3.Also don't get nervous if you stall, just show the examiner that you can safely get the car moving again and that will prevent you loosing major marks (this might be just me but that's the advice I get :P)

That's all I have, I hope it helps. As with any other test, it's basically made so you can show the examiner that you have the knowledge and skill to drive safely. It's not meant to bamboozle you. Just think of it like a nice drive with someone telling you to do weird stuff with the car, haha.

Good luck!!
Original post by pixylott04
Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but I'm not very good when it comes to staying calm! Good luck learning to drive 😊 x

Thank you!! :smile: I know its so hard, I'm not very good at it either, I'd just say if you make a mistake, stop, put the handbrake on (obviously if you aren't obstructing traffic or whatever), take a breather/take a deep breath and then just pull off again once you feel ready. I'm sure you will do great x
Reply 6
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Thank you!! :smile: I know its so hard, I'm not very good at it either, I'd just say if you make a mistake, stop, put the handbrake on (obviously if you aren't obstructing traffic or whatever), take a breather/take a deep breath and then just pull off again once you feel ready. I'm sure you will do great x

Move the mirror slightly so YOU HAVE TO MOVE YOUR HEAD not just your eyes, so examiner knows you are constantly looking in the mirror

Quick Reply

Latest