The Student Room Group

In love with my GP

Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.

Definitely change doctors.
Reply 2
I don't have a penis - I am female as it says in the OP. Also I am being serious here
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Next time you see her, tell her you think your penis tastes weird. Hopefully she'll test it.
Reply 3
If I do this can I have a relationship with her?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Definitely change doctors.
I don't have a penis - I am female as it says in the OP. Also I am being serious here

I know, you got in there before I realised this and edited it :angry:
If I do this can I have a relationship with her?

No. She wouldn't throw away all her hard work for you.
Firstly, I wouldn’t advise you to make a move because there’s probably some issues that would arise if a GP dated a patient. Try not to feel guilty about it, because you can’t really help your feelings but try to distract yourself/move on by talking to other people. I have BPD too and it sounds like your doctor might have become your “FP” (favourite person) so somebody you rely on for emotional validation. That’s quite common with the disorder but it’d be really advisable for you to find somebody else.
Reply 7
No. She wouldn't throw away all her hard work for you.

So why would I change GP then? If there is no chance of a relationship then I will keep her as my GP so I can at least spend time with her
Hi,

I'm sure she is just doing her job and being caring. If you see her regularly then laughing and joking is even more normal. Only reason i'd recommend changing doctors is because you should try and get over it i'm afraid
So why would I change GP then? If there is no chance of a relationship then I will keep her as my GP so I can at least spend time with her

Because it is inappropriate. If she notices your feelings she will probably request she no longer treats you. She is your doctor - not your friend, remember that. Your relationship with her is professional, not personal.
I have bpd as well and understand that it is difficult to find an understanding doctor and that we get attached to people really easily and fiercely. This combination means that i can understand your situation but it is nonetheless a very unhealthy and unprofessional situation.
Original post by byeongkwans
“FP” (favourite person)

:five:
know all about that too well :getmecoat:
but how would she notice? I am not inappropriate with her, I don't hit on her or anything. I just talk to her. I do love her but I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable if she doesn't feel the same. If there is no chance of relationship I may as well keep her as my GP because she is very good at it and I like her a lot. She helps me all the time. She will not notice my feelings unless I tell her surely?
Because it is inappropriate. If she notices your feelings she will probably request she no longer treats you. She is your doctor - not your friend, remember that. Your relationship with her is professional, not personal.
but how would she notice? I am not inappropriate with her, I don't hit on her or anything. I just talk to her. I do love her but I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable if she doesn't feel the same. If there is no chance of relationship I may as well keep her as my GP because she is very good at it and I like her a lot. She helps me all the time. She will not notice my feelings unless I tell her surely?

You are likely giving off cues and hints about your feelings without realising it.
I don'[t understand, what kind of hints? I dont say anything except how I am doing with my medication and stuff about my mental health. Pretty sure she thinks I am straight anyway. I dont understand how she would get that idea
You are likely giving off cues and hints about your feelings without realising it.
I don'[t understand, what kind of hints? I dont say anything except how I am doing with my medication and stuff about my mental health. Pretty sure she thinks I am straight anyway. I dont understand how she would get that idea

Of course you think you don't, because you don't realise it.
so what kind of thing would suggest to her I fancy her? I dont understand. I have a mental illness and talk to her about it. THat is it. How is that flirting or anything of the kind? Dont understand
Of course you think you don't, because you don't realise it.
i wouldve thought you’re 17 not 25
Thanks but I am 25. People develop feelings for each other all the time, it just happens that I have fallen for my GP. It is understandable surely because she is clearly very clever, caring, interesting and beautiful
Original post by BLACKPINKK
i wouldve thought you’re 17 not bloody 25
so what kind of thing would suggest to her I fancy her? I dont understand. I have a mental illness and talk to her about it. THat is it. How is that flirting or anything of the kind? Dont understand

Body language, how often you want to see her, how much you laugh and joke with her. Often it's unconscious things you have no control over. It's why you hear about people acting "stupid" around their crushes because they physically have no control over what they do.

I can tell I'm not going to change your mind, so continue the way you are. However, don't be surprised if one day you get told you have to see a different doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending