The Student Room Group

In love with my GP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
:five:
know all about that too well :getmecoat:

It’s an actual death sentence it’s so frustrating 😭
Sorry I am only trying to understand why I would have to see a different doctor when I dont act on my feelings. I just sit there normally, well mostly I am restless because of my mental health problems but normal for me anyway. I see her weekly at her own suggestion, at the end of the appointment she says can you come and see me on xyz date and I just say yes. I dont ask to see her any time really except for agreeing to see her when she asks so she can keep an eye on my mental illness.

I am not trying to be awkward just trying to understand. I dont think there is anything wrong with loving your GP if you dont act on it because I think lots of people probably get attracter to their doctor as they are often amazing and clever and interesting and funny and my GP is very beautiful. If I keep my feelings so myself please explain why it is wrong to have feelings without acting on them
Original post by DrawTheLine
Body language, how often you want to see her, how much you laugh and joke with her. Often it's unconscious things you have no control over. It's why you hear about people acting "stupid" around their crushes because they physically have no control over what they do.

I can tell I'm not going to change your mind, so continue the way you are. However, don't be surprised if one day you get told you have to see a different doctor.
Original post by byeongkwans
It’s an actual death sentence it’s so frustrating 😭

It really is :sigh: luckily i have very understanding FPs atm as previous ones have been quite toxic but it is still quite crushing that you like someone on a level that they will never like you
:hugs:
do not feel bad about it, everyone has crushes on people they shouldn't. Im pretty sure most people have had crushes on teachers. However, you definitely 100% can't go any further with her - she could lose her medical license if she dated you, even if you change GPs.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.
thank you for being understanding. I wont act on it just see her as I usually do and admire from afar :smile:
It really is :sigh: luckily i have very understanding FPs atm as previous ones have been quite toxic but it is still quite crushing that you like someone on a level that they will never like you

Original post by alexvicar
do not feel bad about it, everyone has crushes on people they shouldn't. Im pretty sure most people have had crushes on teachers. However, you definitely 100% can't go any further with her - she could lose her medical license if she dated you, even if you change GPs.

That’s good! I’m glad the ones you have currently aren’t toxic :smile: definitely, that’s a blessing and a curse of BPD. I don’t think I even have an FP atm?? My last one was probably my ex, but luckily that’s calmed down now and we’re just friendly. I’m working so hard not to get overly attached to people because feeling that reliant on someone isn’t fun :hugs:
Sorry I am only trying to understand why I would have to see a different doctor when I dont act on my feelings. I just sit there normally, well mostly I am restless because of my mental health problems but normal for me anyway. I see her weekly at her own suggestion, at the end of the appointment she says can you come and see me on xyz date and I just say yes. I dont ask to see her any time really except for agreeing to see her when she asks so she can keep an eye on my mental illness.

I am not trying to be awkward just trying to understand. I dont think there is anything wrong with loving your GP if you dont act on it because I think lots of people probably get attracter to their doctor as they are often amazing and clever and interesting and funny and my GP is very beautiful. If I keep my feelings so myself please explain why it is wrong to have feelings without acting on them

It's unprofessional.
what is FP?
That’s good! I’m glad the ones you have currently aren’t toxic :smile: definitely, that’s a blessing and a curse of BPD. I don’t think I even have an FP atm?? My last one was probably my ex, but luckily that’s calmed down now and we’re just friendly. I’m working so hard not to get overly attached to people because feeling that reliant on someone isn’t fun :hugs:
How?

It wouldnt be unprofessional of me to have feelings for her as I am not in the medical profession?
It wouldn't be unprofessional of her to treat me for my illness if she doesnt know I like her that way because she doesnt know?

do other people not fall for their doctors? I am sure they must do
It's unprofessional.
How?

It wouldnt be unprofessional of me to have feelings for her as I am not in the medical profession?
It wouldn't be unprofessional of her to treat me for my illness if she doesnt know I like her that way because she doesnt know?

Idk how else to explain it to you so I'm not gonna try again
How?

It wouldn't be "unprofessional" of you, but I very much doubt it's healthy for you.
ok but I dont understand what is unprofessional about me going to see a doctor who I have feelings for, when she doesn't know about it and I dont act on it
Idk how else to explain it to you so I'm not gonna try again
what is FP?

FP stands for favourite person and it’s like a common thing for people with BPD to have. It’s basically someone who you become emotionally dependent on and rely on for a lot of support and idolise at times.
I have never heard of this - how do u know about it? it doesnt say it on any of the BPD symptoms
FP stands for favourite person and it’s like a common thing for people with BPD to have. It’s basically someone who you become emotionally dependent on and rely on for a lot of support and idolise at times.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Next time you see her, tell her you think your pussy tastes weird. Hopefully she'll test it.

I don't have a penis - I am female as it says in the OP. Also I am being serious here

the fact that woody said "taste your penis" the first time worries me. the fact that he simply changed it to pussy and didnt just delete the post worries me even more :rofl:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
the fact that woody said "taste your penis" the first time worries me. the fact that he simply changed it to pussy and didnt just delete the post worries me even more :rofl:

Truth be told I posted it just to make people laugh and the joke actually worked better with vaginas :h:
i never wanted to **** any of my gp's :lol:. my one before last was muslim. i changed him and got a ginger guy who reminds me of willy wonka. creeped me out as well so i changed him and got a korean. didnt like him because i felt he was advising me through his culture and not professional advice. he said stop drinking so much i was like **** you, do i have high blood pressure or not. so when i went back he refused to see me :toofunny: and i have a mixed race african now, nice chap but he sounds like an Eddie Murphy character.

oh for the love of god can't i just get someone normal please.
Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.

It's a bad idea, if you want to risk her career, as she may be struck off for a romantic affair with a client and lack if professionalism.
oh dear. That is unfortunate. Luckily I live in a nice area and my GP surgery is very good. All the doctors are great at their job, I just happen to have feelings for this one woman who I see regularly
Original post by Bang Outta Order
i never wanted to **** any of my gp's :lol:. my one before last was muslim. i changed him and got a ginger guy who reminds me of willy wonka. creeped me out as well so i changed him and got a korean. didnt like him because i felt he was advising me through his culture and not professional advice. he said stop drinking so much i was like **** you, do i have high blood pressure or not. so when i went back he refused to see me :toofunny: and i have a mixed race african now, nice chap but he sounds like an Eddie Murphy character.

oh for the love of god can't i just get someone normal please.
It's a bad idea, if you want to risk her career, as she may be struck off for a romantic affair with a client and lack if professionalism.

will it actually risk her career for dating a patient...? :hmmm: its such a weird bizarre thing that there might not even be a rule for it yet??? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending