The Student Room Group

Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barror1
It's pretty admirable considering they were in the middle of a mass. I'll give them that

Wow, that could have been so much worse.

Sounds like unfortunately the interior is burning now :frown:
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Wow, that could have been so much worse.

Sounds like unfortunately the interior is burning now :frown:

Yeah. Hopefully the emergency services salvaged what they can :frown:
Notre Dame is falling down :frown:
Original post by barror1
Yeah. Hopefully the emergency services salvaged what they can :frown:

In some good news, some of the statues have apparently been taken away for restoration- so hopefully not everything will be lost.

I'm finding this really tragic- I think maybe because there's just no reason to it, it's just a very tragic accident.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
In some good news, some of the statues have apparently been taken away for restoration- so hopefully not everything will be lost.

I'm finding this really tragic- I think maybe because there's just no reason to it, it's just a very tragic accident.

Honestly what I find upsetting is that children will now only think this breathtaking structure was from a Disney film.
I hope they save it beautiful
Original post by barror1
It's pretty admirable considering they were in the middle of a mass. I'll give them that

Indeed. I would guess it is somewhere where they would practice mass evacuations tbh, but it’s still nonetheless impressive.
Devastating news.

to see what it was like before this afternoon:

http://www.notredamedeparis.fr/en/
Oh no! :frown:
A very sad event that mirrors the current state of Europe, money should be put forward to rebuild it or to make something even more grand.
(edited 5 years ago)
So devastating 😭
Original post by AntiMonarchist
Interesting the temporary scaffold is still standing after all these hours but the world trade centre collapsed in half the time.

It's a completely different structure and incident, I'm not sure how comparisons can be drawn?
Original post by AperfectBalance
A very sad event that mirrors the current state of Europe, money should be put forward to rebuild it or to make something even more grand.

Always someone who has to bring politics into everything. :colonhash:
Can we just not make everything political?
Original post by Drewski
Hope they got Quasimodo out...

Quasimodo died huddled at the foot of Esmerelda's grave.
Original post by Professional G
Always someone who has to bring politics into everything. :colonhash:
Can we just not make everything political?

Because this is political, this is a great symbol of the west and of French culture.
Catholic Churches in France have been desecrated recently. The Church of St Sulpice in Paris was arsoned last month.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800
Original post by AntiMonarchist
Interesting the temporary scaffold is still standing after all these hours but the world trade centre collapsed in half the time.

there is nothing at all interesting about your dreary ideas.
Original post by the bear
Catholic Churches in France have been desecrated recently. The Church of St Sulpice in Paris was arsoned last month.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

I so hope this wasn't some crazy deliberate act. It's a huge loss of one of the greatest pieces of heritage in Europe. Extremely sad.
Original post by AperfectBalance

You just had to bring your political crap into this, didn’t you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending