The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision journey to all 9s

Scroll to see replies

Thank you - and I completely agree... I do sometimes have a habit of neglecting my overall health but I've made a lot of progress in recovery and I am pleased with my progress so far :smile: Thank you for reminding me and I really hope your recovery is going well x
Original post by RavenclawOwl
As a Year 12 still in recovery and with a very similar past to yourself I feel obliged to remind you that health comes before grades!

That aside your work ethic is exceptional and I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming exams. Just a friendly reminder that to take said exams you need to be well :smile:
Hi - I've found English lit the hardest subject to revise for... but I've been doing essay plans for each character and making sure that I revise quotes for each character that could help me do an essay about them or include them in an essay about a theme of the book. I did previously use mind-maps but I found that I just wasn't retaining the information...

(Original post by EmRep13)
How did you revise for English lit? I can't figure out how do mind maps for the characters and whether I should split the characters into themes as well or just do general points or uGh
Hi! I wanted to do essay plans but I thought that made me look at the character too narrowly - like the questions for the characters are always so broad and ask about specific moments and I didn’t know how to account for that.
Original post by D_1432
Hi - I've found English lit the hardest subject to revise for... but I've been doing essay plans for each character and making sure that I revise quotes for each character that could help me do an essay about them or include them in an essay about a theme of the book. I did previously use mind-maps but I found that I just wasn't retaining the information...

(Original post by EmRep13)
Original post by D_1432
No problem - Good luck with your revision! (also this is probably a really stupid question but I really don't know XD - how do I tag you?)

Lol you just type @ and then the username.
@studyingpeach

Amazing thread by the way. You did really well in your mocks considering you missed most of year 11. I did my GCSEs, now in year 13, wish I was doing GCSE 😭😅
@*Alisha* thank you so muchhhh - I don't feel like a complete newbie now hahaa:h:
I think all the stuff they will ask you about will probably be the key moments in the play about that character so I'd recommend going over the key points. I've also been spending 30mins before bed just reading my novels/plays (10 mins each) just to make sure that i know the plot inside out. I'm sorry if this isn't very useful but I don't know what else to recommend x
Original post by EmRep13
Hi! I wanted to do essay plans but I thought that made me look at the character too narrowly - like the questions for the characters are always so broad and ask about specific moments and I didn’t know how to account for that.
aha - you learn something new everyday. Thank you - good luck with your a-levels!
Original post by *Alisha*
Lol you just type @ and then the username.
@studyingpeach

Amazing thread by the way. You did really well in your mocks considering you missed most of year 11. I did my GCSEs, now in year 13, wish I was doing GCSE 😭😅
Reply 27
How you studying for further maths? I'm also doing it and want an a*
Literally just past papers - I find that my scores improve the more I do. If I don't understand something, I tend to look on youtube
Original post by Cov3rt
How you studying for further maths? I'm also doing it and want an a*
(edited 5 years ago)
Can you please tag me @D_1432
I think @RavenclawOwl was referring to recovery from an eating disorder, not GCSEs...
Original post by Tolgarda
It's been nearly a year since our examination series started, and you're still recovering? From what? Did the papers physically cut you or something? I can't believe students even have to recover as if they were traumatised or something.

My marks always came before my health, and I am glad.
Original post by D_1432
Hi everyone - I've seen a few of these threads and I've decided to start my own to help motivate me. I have been revising during the easter hols, but I feel like my revision hasn't been productive. I've decided to really work hard in the next four weeks and I'm aiming to do as well as I can - hopefully all 9s.

Mocks

Maths - 9
Further Maths - A^
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Biology - 8
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 9
History - 7
Geography - 9
French - 8

I've missed most of year 11 due to recovery from an eating disorder so I've decided I'm going to work as hard as I can to prove to myself that I can do this. I will be updating this everyday with what I plan to do and what I've accomplished. Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thank you! x

id say work on history
are u taking triple science?
I am 🙃
Original post by Zara7867
id say work on history
are u taking triple science?
16/4/19 Hi everyone! Here's what I plan to do today:

Maths - past paper
Chemistry - work through spec and go over stuff I don't know
English - complete essay plans for Benvolio, Mercutio and Juliet
Biology - work through spec and go over stuff I don't know
French - practise grammar and speaking questions
History - Edward (yay...)
Hey! I love your revision plans - they’re really motivating! I’m home educated, and I spread my GCSEs over two years so last year I did 4 and this year I’ll be doing 6: Maths, History, English Lit, German, French and Latin. How do you feel about French? I’m mostly worried about the speaking exam, because I haven’t been learning French for very long.
Original post by D_1432
16/4/19 Hi everyone! Here's what I plan to do today:

Maths - past paper
Chemistry - work through spec and go over stuff I don't know
English - complete essay plans for Benvolio, Mercutio and Juliet
Biology - work through spec and go over stuff I don't know
French - practise grammar and speaking questions
History - Edward (yay...)
aw thank you - I'm feeling okay about French bit I'm a but worried about the listening... good luck with your exams - I'm sure you'll smash them!
Original post by elizamunday02
Hey! I love your revision plans - they’re really motivating! I’m home educated, and I spread my GCSEs over two years so last year I did 4 and this year I’ll be doing 6: Maths, History, English Lit, German, French and Latin. How do you feel about French? I’m mostly worried about the speaking exam, because I haven’t been learning French for very long.
Original post by D_1432
I think @RavenclawOwl was referring to recovery from an eating disorder, not GCSEs...

Hehe yep! I have not been brutally traumatised by Physics Paper 2, I am happy to say!
Just completed my first revision session. Did a maths paper and achieved 92/100. Areas to review: mainly RTQC and check over answers properly.
I now have a break for 30 mins after which I will start chemistry
Original post by D_1432
Just completed my first revision session. Did a maths paper and achieved 92/100. Areas to review: mainly RTQC and check over answers properly.
I now have a break for 30 mins after which I will start chemistry

good luck with chemistry! What's your favourite topic? Mine's organic chemistry because it's quite straightforward except naming the bloody isomers, I just can't do that section of it xD. Anyways, I'm doing a French essay and practically dying. I hope you get all 9s!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending