The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Freshers 2019

So I've already confirmed my place at Keele and would love to get in touch with any more incoming students or current students there. What are y'all excited about? Where are you all from and stuff? Let's chat! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nansy Samaka
So I've already confirmed my place at Keele and would love to get in touch with any more incoming students or current students there. What are y'all excited about? Where are you all from and stuff? Let's chat! :biggrin:

Well done for getting your place at Keele! I'm going to be graduating from Keele in July :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Well done for getting your place at Keele! I'm going to be graduating from Keele in July :smile:

That's awesome!!! What are you graduating in?
When I'm there I ain't making supper. Gonna steal flatmates food Haha because I eat one meal a day so I'll eat when they're sleeping :angry:
That's awesome!!! What are you graduating in?

Thanks! I'll be graduating in BSc Geoscience :h:
Reply 5
Thanks! I'll be graduating in BSc Geoscience :h:

Congratulations to you!! 🎉🐿 How was your experience in Keele? Did you partake in any of the societies and clubs?
Congratulations to you!! 🎉🐿 How was your experience in Keele? Did you partake in any of the societies and clubs?

My experience of the uni itself has been mostly positive. I occasionally went to socials held by KRAP (the rock and metal music society at Keele), but often I was too tired to attend any social events :tongue: my coursemates attend quite a few different societies though including rowing, crafts, dance, drama, debating etc :smile:
Reply to my comment please mate
My experience of the uni itself has been mostly positive. I occasionally went to socials held by KRAP (the rock and metal music society at Keele), but often I was too tired to attend any social events :tongue: my coursemates attend quite a few different societies though including rowing, crafts, dance, drama, debating etc :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
When I'm there I ain't making supper. Gonna steal flatmates food Haha because I eat one meal a day so I'll eat when they're sleeping :angry:

I mean, you could always offer a helping hand in cooking instead of just scavenging food overnight lol
Reply 9

Cool cool, I see!! That's good to know :smile: I'll be doing a foundation year and then moving on to a degree in forensic science with neuroscience. I'm hoping to get very involved in some arts clubs/societies like film and dance.
Original post by Anonymous

You could get a takeaway? Or live on ready meals so you don't have to cook. Stealing food in halls isn't necessary (or tolerated!)
Cool cool, I see!! That's good to know :smile: I'll be doing a foundation year and then moving on to a degree in forensic science with neuroscience. I'm hoping to get very involved in some arts clubs/societies like film and dance.

Those sound like interesting course choices, best of luck! :smile:
Reply 11
Those sound like interesting course choices, best of luck! :smile:

Thanks!! :smile: Did you enjoy being in the countryside? Spotted a lot of squirrels ushering about in trees?
Thanks!! :smile: Did you enjoy being in the countryside? Spotted a lot of squirrels ushering about in trees?

Yes haha! I much prefer the countryside to a city environment. There are soo many squirrels at Keele, you'll probably see at least one whenever you walk around campus. It's nice having so much greenery around, and Keele Hall is beautiful :smile:
Reply 13
Yes haha! I much prefer the countryside to a city environment. There are soo many squirrels at Keele, you'll probably see at least one whenever you walk around campus. It's nice having so much greenery around, and Keele Hall is beautiful :smile:

That's so awesome. I've lived in the city for most of my life so I'm really excited to experience some nature, be able to go on a nice walk or run in the morning, and maybe even see some squirrels here and there. I've heard Keele has some awesome cherry blossom trees as well as other flora and fauna, pretty excited about that too!
That's so awesome. I've lived in the city for most of my life so I'm really excited to experience some nature, be able to go on a nice walk or run in the morning, and maybe even see some squirrels here and there. I've heard Keele has some awesome cherry blossom trees as well as other flora and fauna, pretty excited about that too!

That's true, there is a path called Cherry Tree Walk which has lots of cherry trees on either side :smile:
Hey, I’ve got an offer from them for med but I’m still unsure whether to firm them cuase I live in a city?? Any advice from people who had this problem before b?
Reply 16
Original post by Orangeiswhite
Hey, I’ve got an offer from them for med but I’m still unsure whether to firm them cuase I live in a city?? Any advice from people who had this problem before b?

I can't say I've entirely understood? Are you saying that because you live in a city you might have a harder time adapting to the countryside?
I'm a future student there but I live in a big city too.
I can't say I've entirely understood? Are you saying that because you live in a city you might have a harder time adapting to the countryside?
I'm a future student there but I live in a big city too.

Yes that’s basically it. I haven’t firmed anything yet, I really like keele as a med school but the nearest city is stoke on Trent and they don’t really have a welcoming reputation, especially to those of ethnic minorities.
Reply 18
Original post by Orangeiswhite
Yes that’s basically it. I haven’t firmed anything yet, I really like keele as a med school but the nearest city is stoke on Trent and they don’t really have a welcoming reputation, especially to those of ethnic minorities.

I see. Look, the way I see it is that you'll get challenged a little more by going somewhere different. Getting out of your comfort zone may bring the best out of you!! Especially since you like the program I'd say go for it.

I had a bit of a hard time with that as well at first but after looking at the program they were offering me and comparing it with my other offers I was set on it. If you feel like you really love the program that's arguably more important. That's some advice I got from my friend who studies in London when I asked him a while ago.
I dont care because if I steal food they eint know it's me because they will be sleeping and theres no CCTV inside the kitchens Haha not my fault if they dont lock their food away!
I see. Look, the way I see it is that you'll get challenged a little more by going somewhere different. Getting out of your comfort zone may bring the best out of you!! Especially since you like the program I'd say go for it.

I had a bit of a hard time with that as well at first but after looking at the program they were offering me and comparing it with my other offers I was set on it. If you feel like you really love the program that's arguably more important. That's some advice I got from my friend who studies in London when I asked him a while ago.

Quick Reply

Latest