The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I’ll join send me your contact information
Reply 21
Yo, I’m also in a bit of situation with this fraud company, can someone add me to a groupchat with people in a similar situation. I just want to get this place shut down and if possible, get my money back
Please please can you help me. I think I have been ripped off tonight of £500, and signed a contract for a payment plan of £350 a month for the premier package. I get a 90 day money back guarantee apparently if I get rejected by three jobs. I want to cancel and get my money back. Is there a way I can stop this? Please help me. I’ve realised I’ve made a huge mistake.
Cancel you’re cards and tell bank straight away it’s a total scam she can add you to group where you can get advice good luck
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mr T.T
I got ripped off too by NYF& GT Models and trying to get my money back - They think they are smart ripping people off here and there they had audacity to say i signed but what you all need to know is that it was signed in a NOISY INCOHERENT, PRESSURIZING/ UNDER SOME DURESS environment; all set up to confuse,,,Thus by the time you do 4-6 hrs of tiresome photo shoot there you will be tired, somewhat convinced and then bought out with the power of persuasive lies but under the sales of goods and services act if it is not explained/ described well you should be entitled to your money back (The onus is on us to explain why though) and there are other laws they are clearly breaking too (The noise, getting you to fill a questionnaire ahead of the end of the interview process - I mean who would **** off a prospective employer)...In my case i didn't even have my credit card and they persuaded me to call home to get this and spurred me on to get more credit cards to pay remainder even if it meant me being in Debt - Now that is wrong too! .

I am definitely happy for any one who wants a to try in getting their money back to join me in the court fight against them - (The More the merrier because i have the mother of evidences which i cannot disclose here and the court will see how plenty we are)
They have been ding this for a long time and are experts at professional thieving! This is why they have noise, watch you everywhere and get you to leave your mobiles behind.

I have just been today and from the sounds of it been ripped off as well out of 2 grand I will happily join the fight because this scam will probably ruin my family😅

So whatever I can do to help I’ll happily help I need my money back anyone got any suggestions
Did you not get any jobs after paying the 1975 ive just done it last weekend
how is it going? i took the same on as u. and now i feel so dumb like what the **** that i need to spend a lot of moneys to build my portfolio
Original post by Shanjai95
Did you not get any jobs after paying the 1975 ive just done it last weekend
Thats what happend to me exactly ......send me a message please...
Original post by Mr T.T
I got ripped off too by NYF
(edited 4 years ago)
Same story here. I called my credit card company next day and waiting for them to take further actions.
Original post by AdwC
Never ever trust them!!!

Your dreams will be crushed!!!

They promise they will do the same as modelling agencies, but mention themselves as a “platform” which is legal, so they take no responsibilities for the lies they say to you!!!

It is not right for any company to charge u money for just a test shoot, especially for modelling jobs.

They are absolutely a scam and a fake company. Please do research before you attend the £50 test shoot!!!! Research about the whole company!!!!

When you get chosen by them, they will describe about how the platform works, guarantee that you will get the modelling jobs from high street brands, and earn £1500~£3500 per 8~10 hours.TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Scam Scam Scam!!!!

After your five hour photoshoot, you wait for your assessment. They bring you into a small room and blab on for one and a half hour, asking you over and over again if you’re serious about becoming a model, and say that in order to pass you will need 40 photos out of the 100 plus the photographer took. They will then say you got in, getting your hopes up and all excited.Then comes the scary part. They bring up a price list. On it are the prices for the photos ranging from 10-80 photos, 40 images will cost you around 800 pounds which is BLOODY EXPENSIVE, and the images aren’t even up to industry standards. All this is excluding the portfolio(also around £800) that they will say you will also have to purchase if you want to get noticed by agencies. at the bottom there is an option of a premium package including 50 images, Z -cards and a website that will cost £2000. It is as if they wanted to make you see that if you get this deal everything will go smoothly for you afterwards, you’ll get your dream jobs when it is utter bulls***. They will then say that you will have to make the decision immediately, pressurising you into paying because you wouldn’t want to miss this chance to get into the modelling industry. Then they will get out the contracts for you to sign. They will read the first two contracts to you, but not the third one because it mentions “it has been explained to me that it is my responsibility to send my modelling portfolio to GT Models”. So really, they are only making you pay LOADS for **** photos, and you won’t get any help after you’ve paid. Their website mentioned on PayPal is fake, these are no real names in the studio. They used so many different names on the PayPal, websites and emails to make it hard to track them down.

Please do your research before you attend test photo shoots.

If you realised that you have been scammed, The only way is to quickly let PayPal and your bank step in, and tell them everything. The contract and what they’ve secretly recorded(Yes, they’ve set up a cctv in the assessment room without you knowing)cannot be used as evidence.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-protection-from-unfair-trading-regulations-2008
me £2.500 January 29 took my 5 year old daughter for test shoot which i paid £50 for no real email adress or real name after you pay the maney.....😈😈😈
Omg😮
This is exactly what happened to me ...Got contacted by GT models and they send me to New York studios ...by the time i came out with my 5 year old daughter after 5hours told she has been selected she is good she has the potential....i had paid £800 plus the £50 booking fee for the test shoot.

and they twist your head to believe the lies about the different packages so Clay will tell you the best package the £2,500 ,3 months money back garanteed if you produce the receipt and you get signed by atleast 3 agencies and you will have after care manager working with you advising you from GT models all pack of lies and fake...after the payment you thrown under the bus to be a freelancing model and you dont have any clue where the hell to start....and they forward you their other fake agencies they work with and you have to pay for registration fee to be managed for a year before you can be send for casting ....blah blah blah these people need to be exposed to FAKE BRITON!!!

Seing this student room now i can see i just been dooped £2.500 just 3 months ago

And they will q
(edited 4 years ago)
If anyone paid these fees on debit or credit card, you can go back to your card issuer and request to initiate a chargeback for the funds.You can certainly do this under "goods/services not as described" if you were mislead as to what you were going to receive.

If the studio receives enough chargebacks then their payment provider can remove their card facility which is always funny.
Mr T.T please add me on that whatsapp i hope i am not too late i wish i had seen this before i i they put me in debt for £2.500 ....as a parent you want to do anything to support your child but they are out of order ....
You not given time to think straight and after long hours of going round and round waiting for the so called assor with bunch of lies....they even asked you to use credit card or call friends and family to borrow money.....

Original post by Mr T.T
I feel you and if a few people are willing to hold placards to disgrace& embarrass them then why not let's do it?

I am still on the process to getting things sorted...I rang my bank the next day as I felt something wasn't right hence I googled them up thus a lot of negative alerts about em!

I have joined a group of collective people on WhatsApp and we are planning a collective strike back. Pls text the number of one of the victims who's in charge to be added. Good luck all
(edited 4 years ago)
Guys I'm going next Tuesday to make this fake photos with them and I'm planing to collect more info and report them.Please five me any idea.Till now I pay only deposit...
Original post by janet8989
hi. I have been scamMmed by GT models today and i do not know what to do. Is there someone who was scammed too?

Me I just paid 50 deposit and next week I'm going for photo shoot ...I wish they will give me back the deposit
Reply 35
Hello.can you help me,please.If i was there, i signed the contract, and I set up my debit card with 350 pounds each month, i can go to the bank and cancel or not? If i can cancel, they can make after that something? Thanks
Reply 36
Hello.can you help me,please. IF I paid the deposit and after that they set up my debit card with 300 every month, during 4 months, i can cancel my card? It can they make something bad after that? Thanks
Reply 37
Hi guys! I am in the same situation as most of you , went to the NYF and end up to sign a contract for a portfolio £1640 🤦🏽*♂️After I got home realised I got ripped off . Paid £375 deposit following 4 months of £316.25 . I got in touch with the bank today so they start a disputed as I want all my money back also get in touch with New York Fashion to cancel the contract but they said no chance! PayPal also got contacted! People please be very careful with crap company ! Do not even go there
Reply 38
Have you got your money back?
Original post by Gemlovelock
Please please can you help me. I think I have been ripped off tonight of £500, and signed a contract for a payment plan of £350 a month for the premier package. I get a 90 day money back guarantee apparently if I get rejected by three jobs. I want to cancel and get my money back. Is there a way I can stop this? Please help me. I’ve realised I’ve made a huge mistake.
My sister went to them and paid £550 with a remainder £1425 to pay within 4 months when she has a home and 2 year old son to provide for. They did not once ask about her finances. They don’t care. After leaving we seen all these comments so really has disheartened her and not sure what to do now?

Latest