The Student Room Group

why do a lot of people dislike BTS /Kpop?

Scroll to see replies

I'm indifferent. Sounds like pop music in Korean, that is all. :dontknow:
Original post by imna2212
They are overated af they cant sing that well the okay-ish thing about them is there dancing

Can't speak for all K-pop groups but BTS has lyrics enriched with meaning: they write their own stuff and in case you hadn't realised English isn't their first language so their English isn't the best but it's more than I can do in Korean or any other language apart from English! Also, I'd like to see you dancing like them: but you can't there dancing is rhythmic is really flowy it can be compared to water!
So stop bashing BTS
Reply 42
number one, which pop star doesnt wear stage makeup? everyone does. when a non kpop idol wears makup its like OMG SO FASHION FORWARD EQUALITY YASSS but if its kpop its like oh its gay. we are talking about music not about asia and it really is. who has a conept like kpop, nobody.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
it's brainwashing. you know good and damn well you dont like men who wear loads of makeup, and you know good and damn well you dont like asians otherwise. and you know good and damn well their music and industry is no different than any other pop star's.
yeah that's true, I guess it's just something different to see that's all
Original post by Kpopatic
it's really just music with a different languange it really ain't that deep. And everyone dances to music right? Most Kpop songs have a dance choreography but i agree sometimes it can be cringey if it's not done right lol but it's just music at the end of the day. Everyone has different tastes so no one should get bashed for liking what they fricking like tbh
I hope you're not including Taehyung/V in your statement he is the best!
it's brainwashing. you know good and damn well you dont like men who wear loads of makeup, and you know good and damn well you dont like asians otherwise. and you know good and damn well their music and industry is no different than any other pop star's.
Original post by Lala143
I hope you're not including Taehyung/V in your statement he is the best!

im including all the freaks
Original post by Taz554:-)
stereotype. the amount of amazing things the fandom has done is seriously amazing. but yall jump over that and focus on the 12 year old armys who attack anyone or anything

@imna2212
Original post by imna2212
And the fandom is really toxic

the OP is literally proving our point by fighting anyone who says anything about kpop though :rofl:
Reply 46
you mean defending. am i not allowed to do that orrrr. people have misconceptions i should at least help. all i see you doing on this thread is dissing me lmao

@imna2212

the OP is literally proving our point by fighting anyone who says anything about kpop though :rofl:
you mean defending.

it's not that deep to "defend" mate. you're just obsessed and weird. bet you have a shrine of bts in your room.
Reply 48
im not obsessed nor weird. i dont have a single piece of bts memorabilia if that makes you happy ig. i just enjoy and support them and idk if that being obsessed but k you literally prove kpop haters lmao
it's not that deep to "defend" mate. you're just obsessed and weird. bet you have a shrine of bts in your room.

To be honest, it isn't that deep in the broader view of things, but it is important. It seems that you have a very shallow view of this industry and its artists.
As an East Asian person, I grew up seeing nothing of Asian artists in mainstream media. There was nobody who I could relate to and admire as a little girl.
I am not a crazed fan, but I think that it is fantastic that a Korean band has finally broken into music over here.
It is also disappointing to me that so many people still hold such prejudice against these groups simply because of a lack of understanding of the culture.
Another issue that I seem to notice with artists who have a large (and predominantly female fanbase) is that there is an assumption that the audience consists of 15 year old fanatics who near worship their idols. Mind you, I know of at least 3 people who are like this; I know many, many more who aren't.
Original post by Snfkin
To be honest, it isn't that deep in the broader view of things, but it is important. It seems that you have a very shallow view of this industry and its artists.
As an East Asian person, I grew up seeing nothing of Asian artists in mainstream media. There was nobody who I could relate to and admire as a little girl.
I am not a crazed fan, but I think that it is fantastic that a Korean band has finally broken into music over here.
It is also disappointing to me that so many people still hold such prejudice against these groups simply because of a lack of understanding of the culture.
Another issue that I seem to notice with artists who have a large (and predominantly female fanbase) is that there is an assumption that the audience consists of 15 year old fanatics who near worship their idols. Mind you, I know of at least 3 people who are like this; I know many, many more who aren't.

:blah:
:blah:

are you jealous that all the girls are crazy over kpop idols?
Original post by Chemist123
are you jealous that all the girls are crazy over kpop idols?

no one in their right mind would be jealous of a popstar? you're more so jealous of a coworker..or...a classmate...not a world famous popstar, dont be ****ing ridiculous. nice try :lol: im more so baffled by the fact that females can be so brainwashed. it seems they're more interested in saying "army?" to make friends, than the actual band itself. and are you not even slightly curious yourself that girls scream over kpop boys but ignore a similar looking asian sat right next to them??? :hmmm: its just weird lol. if you saw a guy who looked like Leonardo DiCaprio or whoever you like, you'd try it on with him. girls still largely ignore asian boys lol. it's oddly inconsistent so thats why i mock kpop fans :biggrin:
The average K-Pop fan is literally obsessed and doesn't stop going on about it, so when someone doesn't like K-Pop and someone else won't shut up about it, that person is likely to be at least a fraction as vocal about disliking it to the person who does and constantly goes on about it.
Isn't the real question: Why do so many people like BTS/K Pop? (i aint a hater)
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case :frown:

Coz they’re gay af and they look 5 year old
no one in their right mind would be jealous of a popstar? you're more so jealous of a coworker..or...a classmate...not a world famous popstar, dont be ****ing ridiculous. nice try :lol: im more so baffled by the fact that females can be so brainwashed. it seems they're more interested in saying "army?" to make friends, than the actual band itself. and are you not even slightly curious yourself that girls scream over kpop boys but ignore a similar looking asian sat right next to them??? :hmmm: its just weird lol. if you saw a guy who looked like Leonardo DiCaprio or whoever you like, you'd try it on with him. girls still largely ignore asian boys lol. it's oddly inconsistent so thats why i mock kpop fans :biggrin:

lol chill i was just joking :smile:
but what u said was true tho
Taehyung is not a freak! He is an idol.
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case :frown:

Because your supreme leader Stalin has not prohibited dismissing K-Pop.
Reply 59
It's shite and the fans are tedium personified (not as bad as Tool fans, granted).

Quick Reply

Latest