The Student Room Group

What do people think about notre dam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poweio
House of an imaginary being? ohh wow.

Remember that jesus died for our sins
Original post by AperfectBalance
Because buildings like these are the embodiment of the millions and millions of people who have built said building,who have died defending France and thus the building.

We should care about the living. The dead are not suffering.
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Remember that jesus died for our sins

Why couldn't your god forgive without torturing his son / himself to death?

How can I "remember" something that I don't have any evidence for?
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah I mean electrical fault etc

Any evidence so far that it was an electrical fault?

It lasts some years to reassign this monument of building.
Original post by RogerOxon

To save the people from their sins. He also rose from the dead on the Sunday. Promising eternal life for those who do good.

so those lives who died as a result of such tragic events should not be cared about
Original post by Blue_Cow
Nah, you clearly don't, otherwise you'd accept the fact that the significance of things, be it people or buildings vary depending on the person.

I wouldn't cry over a building, but if people want to, so be it. No need to belittle them.

Clearly this is a futile conversation. I needn't carry on :smile: Have a good evening.

I don't suppose he will, I've just gotten him banned. :lol:
Original post by Unknown-99
It has already been reported that it is likely due to the renovation work that has been taking place on the Notre Dame. Anyone who uses this to push their political agendas absolutely disgusts me. You don't have to be Christian or French to appreciate the beauty that has been lost today. It's a loss to humanity as a whole. All these ***** using this to push their agendas sicken me. The world is already grieving we don't need people to try and divide us even more.

Haven't really seen many people using it to push an agenda. Pretty sure it's widely accepted that renovations were the likeliest cause.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Pasting a news article about terror attacks on a churches is not a valid reason to stir up the suggestion that what happened to Notre Dame today was terror related...

Why don't you let actual facts come out first from a reputable media source before jumping the gun?

The thread is asking for theories, he provided theories. You knew what the thread was about

Surprisingly enough, most people are capable of doing two things are once.
Original post by RazzzBerries
To save the people from their sins. He also rose from the dead on the Sunday. Promising eternal life for those who do good.

Could you answer the question? Regurgitated indoctrinated phrases, that make no sense, don't.

Do you have to be tortured to death to forgive?
(edited 5 years ago)
Could you answer the question? Regurgitated indoctrinated phrases, that make no sense, don't.

I just did. I also made perfect sense. It's up to you whether you decide to understand. Or at the very least, have some respect.

How can I "remember" something that I don't have any evidence for?

His son had to be crucified to save us from our sins and he resurrected on Sunday and promised eternal life for those who trust in God and do good deeds
I just did. I also made perfect sense. It's up to you whether you decide to understand. Or at the very least, have some respect.

Why would I respect illogic? I really would like a reasoned explanation.
(edited 5 years ago)
His son had to be crucified to save us from our sins and he resurrected on Sunday and promised eternal life for those who trust in God and do good deeds

Why?
Absolutely tragic. A real jewel of gothic architecture. Its stunning stained glass windows have been lost as well as the timber roof which was built by craftsmen from 15,000 oak trees. Henry VI of England was also a Plantagenet king to have been crowned king of France there in 1431. I’m a lover of all things medieval so this hasn’t been great news.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Any evidence so far that it was an electrical fault?

It lasts some years to reassign this monument of building.

There's no evidence it's just a theory but I think it's been ruled out now and renovation is more likely
Why would I respect illogic? I really would like a reasoned explanation.

It's cultural identity for 2.2 billion people. People live by it and it's what they believe. Whether you agree or not, it's common courtesy to be kind and respect.

Please don't ask for a "reasoned explanation". I've given you one, but you're simply looking for the answer you want.
Why?

Selfishness has a natural consequence and eventually results in the death to the innocent Romans 6:23
It's cultural identity for 2.2 billion people. People live by it and it's what they believe. Whether you agree or not, it's common courtesy to be kind and respect.

Please don't ask for a "reasoned explanation". I've given you one, but you're simply looking for the answer you want.

It's indoctrinated nonsense. It makes no sense to torture your son / yourself to death to be able to forgive. I'd really like to hear, and try to understand, how this makes sense to you.

I do respect people's right to believe what they want to. That is different from respecting a belief, especially when it's illogical nonsense.
(edited 5 years ago)
Selfishness has a natural consequence and eventually results in the death to the innocent Romans 6:23

You didn't answer the question. Why did Jesus have to be crucified for your god to forgive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending